GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Car pulls right after alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-16, 03:50 PM
8jml8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car pulls right after alignment

I got my alignment done today and everyone went into factory specs but the front camber. Both the front left and right are at 1.0. But the thing is that the car pulls to the right and I have to turn the wheel a little to the left to compensate
I have a tanabe spring install with 20x9.0 in the front with nitto 555 245/35/20
And 10.5 with 275/30/20 in the rear.

Do your cars pull to the right?

Will the tires wear wrong?

The car was back into specs except the cAmber in front
Old 01-31-16, 04:10 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah, I have slight pull. In fact, the inner side of the passenger tire is wearing much faster. I'm being too lazy to get the alignment done, so I just flip tires every 8K miles.
Old 01-31-16, 04:21 PM
8jml8
Driver

Can this be fixed?
Old 01-31-16, 05:51 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

My car was pulling for a year and I've had 3 alignments done, one with a dealer and 2x with some supposedly good independent alignment shop. The dealer one was free under warranty and still pulls but the other 2 I had to pay $200 and it was still pulling. I've given up in this until I saw another shop with 5 stars review on Yelp and it's really closed to home. So I gave it another try and this guy was able to fix it completely and my steering wheel is no longer crooked. And best of all he only charged $65!!! and has a 2nd gen GS himself, so he knows Lexus.

I've come to conclusion that it takes a special kind of guy to align a car.
Old 01-31-16, 09:54 PM
Jrdonta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
My car was pulling for a year and I've had 3 alignments done, one with a dealer and 2x with some supposedly good independent alignment shop. The dealer one was free under warranty and still pulls but the other 2 I had to pay $200 and it was still pulling. I've given up in this until I saw another shop with 5 stars review on Yelp and it's really closed to home. So I gave it another try and this guy was able to fix it completely and my steering wheel is no longer crooked. And best of all he only charged $65!!! and has a 2nd gen GS himself, so he knows Lexus.

I've come to conclusion that it takes a special kind of guy to align a car.
I totally agree with you about this. Do you mind to share the shop name and location as I may need for my wife car ACURA MDX 2010 if Acura dealer can not correct the issue ? SUV just had transmission replacement under warranty and now it is pulling to the right.

BTW I love my GS 350 new ride. I am glad I got it instead of Acura TLX SH-AWD.
Old 02-01-16, 01:20 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys bother with that lifetime Bridgestone alignment?
Old 02-01-16, 01:28 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jrdonta
I totally agree with you about this. Do you mind to share the shop name and location as I may need for my wife car ACURA MDX 2010 if Acura dealer can not correct the issue ? SUV just had transmission replacement under warranty and now it is pulling to the right.

BTW I love my GS 350 new ride. I am glad I got it instead of Acura TLX SH-AWD.
Yes, take it here and get it right the first time, don't waste time and money. The shop is called Burbank Quality Brake and the owner's name is George, he's the one that knows what he's doing.

http://www.burbankqualityba.com/services

Just mention the online $10 coupon for alignment and they'll take $10 off. http://www.burbankqualityba.com/contact-us

Originally Posted by Prinny
Do you guys bother with that lifetime Bridgestone alignment?
No no no no no. Tried that last time with my Camry and they ended up dropping my wheel on its face and paying me to replaced it. My experience with them was a mess and my car still pulled! They don't know anything about cars. Go to the shop in Burbank above, they're good and cheap! $65 to align a Lexus, can't beat that! It's a mom and pop shop that's why.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 02-01-16 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-01-16, 01:39 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Yes, take it here and get it right the first time, don't waste time and money. The shop is called Burbank Quality Brake and the owner's name is George, he's the one that knows what he's doing.

Just mention the online $10 coupon for alignment and they'll take $10 off. http://www.burbankqualityba.com/contact-us

No no no no no. Tried that last time with my Camry and they ended up dropping my wheel on its face and paying me to replaced it. My experience with them was a mess and my car still pulled! They don't know anything about cars. Go to the shop in Burbank above, they're good and cheap! $65 to align a Lexus, can't beat that! It's a mom and pop shop that's why.

Wish I knew about this sooner lol.. that's only around 11 miles away from my apartment.

I bought the lifetime alignment sometime last year . Got a good deal on it and I had a good experience with the workers there at the shop, but I'm not sure if they did the alignment completely correct.

Pretty legit.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/burbank-qual...orth-hollywood

5 stars with 168 reviews. You really don't see that very often

Last edited by Prinny; 02-01-16 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 10:40 PM
Jrdonta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the shop name. Unfortunately, it is way to far from where I live which is Orange county. Does anyone know good alignment shop in Orange county ? Anyone has good experience with Revolution Tires & Wheels shop which I found on Yelp in Cypress city ?
Old 02-04-16, 06:20 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

What you can do is rotate your 2 front tire left to right and right to left. Sometime it might be your tire doing the pull from the old alignment wear. I had that same problem before and after the alignment it pull to the right so I did that and it didn't pull no more. Hope that help out. GL with it I know it's aggravating with the pull.
Old 02-04-16, 06:21 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

I hope I don't have the same problem because I just lowered my 16 GS 350 F Sport yesterday with the same spring you got....
Old 02-04-16, 06:30 AM
azngster35
Driver School Candidate

Post a picture of your car I wanna see how it look...
Old 02-04-16, 08:16 AM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrdonta
Thank you for the shop name. Unfortunately, it is way to far from where I live which is Orange county. Does anyone know good alignment shop in Orange county ? Anyone has good experience with Revolution Tires & Wheels shop which I found on Yelp in Cypress city ?
I usually take my car to Tucker Tire in Laguna Hills (when I get new tires) and they send the car next door for alignment. I have done it will all my previous cars with good results but have not sent the GS there yet.
Old 02-04-16, 08:45 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Oh btw! Keep forgetting to ask. Do you have the spec sheet that alignment shops usually give you afterwards? Was going to ask if you could upload a picture of it.
Old 02-04-16, 09:35 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Prinny
Oh btw! Keep forgetting to ask. Do you have the spec sheet that alignment shops usually give you afterwards? Was going to ask if you could upload a picture of it.
U know Prinny, I learned that the alignment sheet doesn't really mean anything. The last few alignments I did all showed green and straight, all within specs but my car was still pulling. It could be that the alignment machine isn't properly calibrated, so a good sheet doesn't mean anything unless ur car can go straight without pulling while ur steering wheel is dead center, which mine is now.