GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

SHould I complain to the dealership or is it too late??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-12, 05:21 PM
Fation
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHould I complain to the dealership or is it too late??

About 1 mont ago I went into Lexus of Manhattan, usually go into lexus of queens but I thought why not go to the closer one this time. I also bought the car there.
-I took the car in for its 20,000 mile service. When i go the car back there was a smell as if they had left the car open and it rained. I could not figure out where this smell is coming from but I started to noticing it the day after i received my car back. about one month later (yesterday) I decided to look around where the smell could be coming from. Looked all around the seats and all that-Nothing.

Then I decided to check the trunk. I removed everything. I noticed water under the spare tire. I moved that thinking its just a little that might have somehow gotten in while they washed it. It was a lot more then I thought, the car had at least 2 gallons of water under the spare tire. I was so pissed yesterday and it was too late to call and complain. Today I had no time because I had work (near lexus of manhattan at Mercedes).

DO you think my complaining will get me anything for this. Im guessing they forgot the trunk open and left the car outside the weekend I took it there.

I removed all of the water from the trunk, do any of you think it caused a lot of damage? From the looks of what I saw I did not notice any.
Old 05-26-12, 09:28 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

yes, there are sensors in the rear trunk of the vehicle, you should have left the water there, take it back and complain. Now you're stuck with an odor..... I'd still call and complain.

If they don't do anything, try to escalate it to corporate, and if they do nothing... try BBB
Old 05-27-12, 06:27 AM
Fation
Driver

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
yes, there are sensors in the rear trunk of the vehicle, you should have left the water there, take it back and complain. Now you're stuck with an odor..... I'd still call and complain.

If they don't do anything, try to escalate it to corporate, and if they do nothing... try BBB
Ill go complain on my next day off, It was a mistake to remove it myself but Trust me you could still smell it. Ill try my best to get something out of them.
Old 05-27-12, 09:06 AM
XxGoKoUxX

try your best? if the smell is still there, try to do it ASAP because ocne it's fully dry the rotten smell will go away, say you HAD to drain it because it was such a ridiculous amount of water and make the service manager take care of it.
Old 05-27-12, 01:07 PM
TeeNastie
Driver

Definately complain! If they say they can't do anything. Contact the credit card company (assuming you used a credit card) and advise them of the snaffu. Hopefully, they will credit you the fee. Then complain to them again... hopefull they will listen the second time around! GL
Old 05-29-12, 02:52 PM
Fation
Driver

I just called lexus and they seemed happy to help fix everything (Damage wise) should i ask them for more? I was thinking ask them to detail my interior because of the smell. Anybody think they would do it?
Old 05-29-12, 05:20 PM
XxGoKoUxX

They should take care of it and deoderize the whole interior.
Old 05-30-12, 07:06 PM
Fation
Driver

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
They should take care of it and deoderize the whole interior.
Alright man. Thank you very much for your help on this thread. Im taking the car in tomorrow afternoon and ill update you on what they said at the dealership.
Old 06-02-12, 01:07 PM
chris01919
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make sure the smell is completely gone and I would also try to get your money back for the service. Just tell them their carelessness is unacceptable and that they need to compensate you for your lost time, gas etc. I'm sure they would give you your money back depending on the cost of the service.

A few years ago I picked up some paint from Home Depot in my new truck. They didn't tighten the cover enough so it spilt everywhere. I called up and told them and they had no problem writing me a check for $1,200. I ended up getting all of the paint out of the black interior but it was awful.