GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Foul odor! :mad:

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 11:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am telling you, try the cologne and the AC on recycle. It works well for me. I start the car and the cabin fills with the smell of Gucci cologne. I am still wondering if the problem in AZ is smaller because of the total lack of humidity. ( usually 4-12%)
Old 05-30-12, 01:48 PM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What ever happen to the smell. What was it. Did i miss it?
Old 05-30-12, 03:27 PM
alchemist
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Febreeze that **** lol
Old 05-30-12, 04:26 PM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get yourself some Milton tablets/fluid (or whatever the US equivalent is of it - baby bottles/teats steriliser).
Mix that up to the amount needed by the system (empty the current contents and flush with water first), then use it to get the fluid in all the pipework.
Leave it a few hours to work its magic, then flush, and refill with a decent quality screenwash - what Toyota/Lexus recommend sell?
Old 05-30-12, 04:29 PM
saefongc90
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue with my G35 in the past I finally got rid of the smell by filling it with water and a little soap then spraying my wipers until the reservoir was drained, did that a couple times and finally the smell went away.
Old 05-31-12, 01:21 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

sorry for thread jack... how do you guys get rid of AC smell.. it smell like my socks after a long day, i thought the AC suck my socks in there at first
Old 05-31-12, 02:19 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am telling you, try the cologne and the AC on recycle. It works well for me. I start the car and the cabin fills with the smell of Gucci cologne. I am still wondering if the problem in AZ is smaller because of the total lack of humidity. ( usually 4-12%)
LOL, I know this is late but it was in my windshield wiper reservoir, not my cabin. I've sinced resolved the problem.

Originally Posted by L8Apex
What ever happen to the smell. What was it. Did i miss it?
Sorry for the late response. The smell went away. It was FOUL smelling too, like B.O. from trash+sweat combined with moldy water, a smell i don't want to witness again. Flushed with with DI water and car wash soap, ran the thing for a good 5-10 drains, then added new windshield washer fluid.

Originally Posted by alchemist
Febreeze that **** lol
Can't febreeze that, ur crazy! LOL

Originally Posted by Boron
Get yourself some Milton tablets/fluid (or whatever the US equivalent is of it - baby bottles/teats steriliser).
Mix that up to the amount needed by the system (empty the current contents and flush with water first), then use it to get the fluid in all the pipework.
Leave it a few hours to work its magic, then flush, and refill with a decent quality screenwash - what Toyota/Lexus recommend sell?
Thanks Boron, the problem was solved I think 2-3 years ago! But Milton tablets/fluid is an amazing find, I will have to use it one day!! (if the problem re-arises LOL)

Originally Posted by saefongc90
I had the same issue with my G35 in the past I finally got rid of the smell by filling it with water and a little soap then spraying my wipers until the reservoir was drained, did that a couple times and finally the smell went away.
I did exactly what you specified! I used car wash soap as I didn't want to harm my car's finish/wax.

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
sorry for thread jack... how do you guys get rid of AC smell.. it smell like my socks after a long day, i thought the AC suck my socks in there at first
Only way to do this, is to take your A/C condensor out, inject bleach in the piping, let it run it's course for 1-2hrs, run water through the piping and flush it out (I reccomend DI water for this flushing).

Change your cabin filter also! The reason for this is that condensation builds within the A/C system and you don't shut off the AC and run a air-only flush before you leave your vehicle. (meaning turn off the A/C but run the air still for about 5-6 minutes before you get to your destination). Witnessed this on my gf's old camry and it's happened again on her new camry, will be taking it back to yota for a fix

http://www.imcool.com/articles/airco...vap_stinks.htm

Google "foul smell in car A/C vents" that should give you quite a few solutions!

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...tml#post100615

Also found that on the a5 forums, I tried it and it didn't work, but who knows! It might work for u!
Old 05-31-12, 10:38 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
Check with your local pep boys. They offer a MiST service. They run a machine that sprays disinfecting mist into the AC system which kills the bacteria build up. Should cost around $50-60
Old 05-31-12, 04:58 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
Check with your local pep boys. They offer a MiST service. They run a machine that sprays disinfecting mist into the AC system which kills the bacteria build up. Should cost around $50-60
or maybe free at the dealer if my car is CPO
Old 05-31-12, 08:02 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

LMAO brabus, i'm guessing you've gotten that experience too? Mine's does it ONCE in a full moon, I usually have my windows down and A/C off, I like people seeing who's driving that lexus hahaha