GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS430 banged up..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-05, 04:01 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS430 banged up..

Well last night i felt too lazy to park my ride in the garage because its 1 city block away ( i know i know...). So decided to park on the street in front of my house. Woke this morning to see front right fender banged up. Bumper scraped and headlight wasnt touched but apparently the force of the impact was just enough to rattle it on the inside. The lens isnt cracked but inside the headlight assembly is a plastic (?) housing for the actual bulb and that hosuing has small bits and pieces loose and broken off. It works as should though. Got a quote on the fender work for 500 from dealer bodyshop and also same price from a recommended bodydhop. Headlight will cost extra.

Venture clearbra saved the bumper but now the clearbra looks nasty...I know some are interested as to how a damaged clearbra looks so ill try to post pics later ina seperate thread titled accordingly.

Anyone has any suggestions on where to get a headlight for passenger side? I am coming out of pocket on this one. Avoiding insurance being that my record with them isnt too good from my previous car. I am trying to keep the record on this car clean for resale purposes.
Old 09-19-05, 07:59 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Damn sorry to hear man, but u should've parked it in the garage. Probably a drunk *******s.
Old 09-19-05, 10:10 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buzzard, you are in luck. there is one passenger headlight being sold on CL:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=headlight

good luck w/ the repairs, and sorry to hear of the vandalism...
Old 09-20-05, 11:22 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
Well last night i felt too lazy to park my ride in the garage because its 1 city block away ( i know i know...).
Ouch, I guess the one block walk won't seem so bad any more. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 09-20-05, 01:22 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by lexuslover
buzzard, you are in luck. there is one passenger headlight being sold on CL:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=headlight

good luck w/ the repairs, and sorry to hear of the vandalism...
Thanks LL...this is fantastic....I have a question regarding the headlights? I have the swiveling headlights. How to tell if these babies swivel or not? I understand the passenger headlight only swivels 5 degrees to the right when turning so it probably isnt noticeable. However it does turn 15 degrees to the left..which is noticeable. The headlight swiveling action is very noticeable at night when starting the car. The headlights swivel upwards at start.
Old 09-20-05, 03:27 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
Thanks LL...this is fantastic....I have a question regarding the headlights? I have the swiveling headlights. How to tell if these babies swivel or not? I understand the passenger headlight only swivels 5 degrees to the right when turning so it probably isnt noticeable. However it does turn 15 degrees to the left..which is noticeable. The headlight swiveling action is very noticeable at night when starting the car. The headlights swivel upwards at start.
no problem. funny how there just happens to be 1 passenger headlight set for sale when the GS 06 is so new. and even better, the seller is in NJ and prefers tri-state customers to sell locally. sounds like it was meant to be!

as for the AFS headlights, yes, those were standard on your 430, and an option on 300's. but it was one of those "options" that wasn't really an option, like the moonroof. i am 99% positive that all the 300's have been shipped with AFS so far, and like the moonroof, you had to buy it that way unless you special ordered from Japan. don't know much about headlight assemblies, but hopefully there is labeling on the back of the units showing that it is present.
Old 10-11-05, 05:34 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Angry

Ok well he/she took too long to reply.

It is now Oct. 11th.

I have decided to pay the deductible and get the work done by the local Lexus dealers bodyshop (and in doing so, have the bumper, foglights, and fender completely replace..not just repaired)
I handed them my car last Monday (10/03). They approximated 5 days and said I should have my car back Friday.

10/06 - Thursday I called to make sure things were on schedule. Bodyshop manager says fender is on backorder and to give him a call the following day.

10/07 - Friday he says he just received it. He says it will take maybe another week but to give him call midweek to see if it was ready sooner.

10/11 - Tuesday says fender he received was for an '05..not for my '06. Says still on back order. May take another week.

I am disappointed because being that they mainly service Lexus cars and are in tight-knit with the Lexus service dept..I would expect at least a few days of heads up notice about any unforeseen circumstances. Apparently I was only notified of delays when I called them. What gives? Any suggestions??