GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bluetooth amp or Bluetootb headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-15, 04:56 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth amp or Bluetootb headunit?

I have been seaching endlessly for the ML wiring diagram but cannot seem to find it, i am now sick of the ML system, i want to get rid of the ML system entirely. Should i just replace the amp with the RE audio bluetooth or get a aftermarket headunit and put it in the CD player location. The only problem i see with the bluetooth head unit is how i would be able to control the volume inside the glove box. There has got to be some kind of controller i can put in place of the ML radio under the stock navi.

Any idea's?
I want to keep my stock navi for the fact that it looks stock and wont lead theifs into my car, and also for the ease of AC controls
Old 12-21-15, 05:50 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
I have been seaching endlessly for the ML wiring diagram but cannot seem to find it, i am now sick of the ML system, i want to get rid of the ML system entirely. Should i just replace the amp with the RE audio bluetooth or get a aftermarket headunit and put it in the CD player location. The only problem i see with the bluetooth head unit is how i would be able to control the volume inside the glove box. There has got to be some kind of controller i can put in place of the ML radio under the stock navi.

Any idea's?
I want to keep my stock navi for the fact that it looks stock and wont lead theifs into my car, and also for the ease of AC controls
do what makes you happy. i just put a kenwood ddx double din and never looked back.. bluetooth,ipod, aux, If someone is going to break into your car it dont matter what you have regardless you cant stop it from happening.
Old 12-21-15, 11:16 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dreamcar88
do what makes you happy. i just put a kenwood ddx double din and never looked back.. bluetooth,ipod, aux, If someone is going to break into your car it dont matter what you have regardless you cant stop it from happening.
True i just feel like if they get into the car, and see nothing, there will be nothing they can take. i also like the look of factory.. So stumped with this whole thing. I am having a hard time deciding what i want to do
Old 12-22-15, 01:43 PM
GSBeliever
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been debating this very thing lately as well gsean. I've gotten advice to just upgrade to aftermarket headunit and enjoy the latest technology but I'm on the side of the fence that I really enjoy the factory look. Have you looked into Factory Radio Services & Repair located in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. I have heard read great reviews not only here but in BMW and Audi Forums that he does great work and comes highly recommended. They have a bluetooth setup now or can add aux setup if desired.
Old 12-22-15, 09:56 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSBeliever
I've been debating this very thing lately as well gsean. I've gotten advice to just upgrade to aftermarket headunit and enjoy the latest technology but I'm on the side of the fence that I really enjoy the factory look. Have you looked into Factory Radio Services & Repair located in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. I have heard read great reviews not only here but in BMW and Audi Forums that he does great work and comes highly recommended. They have a bluetooth setup now or can add aux setup if desired.
I have not, but why i want an aftermarket is cause i want better sound quality, the bluetooth headunit would work best but i have no idea how i would adjust the volume besides buying that steering controls connector. But i see issues with that cause if i want to turn the music down it wont be instant as if i were to have a ****. And with a bluetooth amp i can only control volume with my phone, witch to me is just dumb, cause if i drop my phone it would be frustrating looking for my phone while the music is blasting in my ear.