Engine replacement/swap Questions: 2JZGE
I have a 2003 GS300 Sport Design. It needs a motor, so I just bought a JDM 2JZGE, which, I am told, should be a straight swap and work fine using my electronics. Just wondering if anyone has done this before and could give me some info/pointers (some info about 2JZGE-GTE swaps here, but nothing on a vanilla jdm swap).
Anyway, just wondering about a few things:
1) Since there is no VIN ID like US engines is there any way to tell what year the JDM motor is? I was told it will be between 2001 and 2004.
2) Can I pull/clear the engine and tranny together, or do I need to drop the trans first?
3) Where is the best place to separate my harness? At all the attachment points on the engine or Is there a gang plug somewhere so I can separate and bring most of the harness with the motor and then change over to the new one outside of the car?
4) Should I swap my injectors (130K mi) into the "new" jdm motor?
5) Are there any helpful tricks or things I should look/look out for? I've done several swaps on old, 70's vintage cars, but never on a modern car like this one.