GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Window, Door lock, and puddle light issue.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 03:01 PM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window, Door lock, and puddle light issue.

About three or four days ago, I noticed that my doors would not lock via my key fob. So I waited about an hour or so to try locking my doors..and they locked as they normally do. The day after that, I had rolled my window all the way down to find it stuck(driver side front). I tried shutting off my car and restarting, but nothing worked. Hours later, I went out to try rolling it up..and all was good except for my key fob not locking my doors again. All I could hear was my rear door locks clicking. So now when I have to lock my doors, I turn the key twice to lock everything...but the front passenger door will not lock unless you flip the lock on the inside. On top of that, My puddle light in my driver side door no longer works. I pulled the bulb, and it is still fine. Initially I had thought that my door lock actuator had finally gone out, but now I dunno. I have been reading a lot about the door lock actuators...and I feel that I could have a different problem since nothing in my driver door works except for the window switches for the other three doors. Could it be the ecu in the door? I took it out today, and the mother board looks good as new......Has anyone had this same issue?
Old 11-15-11, 08:54 AM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Anyone? I don't wanna change my actuator or window motor, if that's not the cause...
Old 11-15-11, 09:48 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I would start by replacing the battery in your remote. I resolved some odd issues by doing this. Then you have to attack each issue separately they may be related but you will not know until you start ruling out possible causes.

doors would not lock via my key fob
- possible key fob battery issue

rolled my window all the way down to find it stuck
- I have this same issue on my front passenger window occasionally. I suspect the door ECU. I have figured out that holding the switch up sometimes rather then using the one-up feature will bring it up. Other times just waiting a few minutes will resolve it (for me).

Key fob not locking my doors again - possible key fob battery issue

front passenger door will not lock - Possible actuator

puddle light in my driver side door no longer works - Start checking fuses and wiring for correct voltages. Also check if the dash recognizes that the door has been opened. Does the dome light come on?
Old 11-15-11, 10:49 AM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Debonair
I would start by replacing the battery in your remote. I resolved some odd issues by doing this. Then you have to attack each issue separately they may be related but you will not know until you start ruling out possible causes.

doors would not lock via my key fob
- possible key fob battery issue

rolled my window all the way down to find it stuck
- I have this same issue on my front passenger window occasionally. I suspect the door ECU. I have figured out that holding the switch up sometimes rather then using the one-up feature will bring it up. Other times just waiting a few minutes will resolve it (for me).

Key fob not locking my doors again - possible key fob battery issue

front passenger door will not lock - Possible actuator

puddle light in my driver side door no longer works - Start checking fuses and wiring for correct voltages. Also check if the dash recognizes that the door has been opened. Does the dome light come on?
The dome light does come on, fuses are good, and I just bought a new battery yesterday. Just my luck for everything to fail at once. guess next, Ill have to replace the actuators and door ecu.
Old 11-15-11, 01:25 PM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

Today I got in my car and everything worked for about five minutes...than stopped. Guess my question now is, If the ecu goes out....is this what happens. Damn electrical demons
Old 08-02-15, 07:39 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dwilly58
Today I got in my car and everyth. g worked for about five minutes...than stopped. Guess my question now is, If the ecu goes out....is this what happens. Damn electrical demons
I know this thread is a little old but any update in you issue? How you fix this, if you do? I'm curious