GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bushings installed and now I have noises.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-09, 08:21 AM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushings installed and now I have noises.

Question for the folks that have done the daizen bushings for the control arms. I am now experience some grinding noises when hitting any kind of bump in the front. The person who performed the install is telling me that this normal due to the bushings being polyurathane and that there is a break in period. Does this sound accurate to anyone?
Old 10-13-09, 08:29 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Sounds about right to me.
Old 10-13-09, 08:31 AM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I see....And about how long was the break in period?
Old 10-13-09, 08:44 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Grinding noise? That's not normal.

I never had any noise when I installed my bushings nor did anyone else I know.
Old 10-13-09, 08:45 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p_r_i_m_o
I see....And about how long was the break in period?
that all depends on road conditions and driving habits... I'd say give it a week. although i never got any noises.
Old 10-13-09, 09:22 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Are they greased up? all Daizen bushings come with the grease.. Sounds like another issue.
Old 10-13-09, 09:28 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that's not normal. Grinding is different than squeaking. is it a particular side? Its possible the spring/strut isn't sitting right. I've seen that happen plenty of times

and how about we lay off the bad advice for a bit?

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Old 10-13-09, 10:37 AM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

Thanks for the responses guys .....In a nut shell Ive been bambozzled...The SOB that did the install did a hack job and he is trying to give me excuses to get out it and collect the funds....not happening.
Old 10-13-09, 10:40 AM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
that's not normal. Grinding is different than squeaking. is it a particular side? Its possible the spring/strut isn't sitting right. I've seen that happen plenty of times

Its not a squeaking noise thats for sure...def grinding noise and its coming from both sides....I went over a speed bump on one side and then the other to confirm its both sides....I got coils so I will have those checked out to make sure they are sitting right.
Old 10-13-09, 06:30 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic

dude, dont call me out! I took the grinding as the creaking noise that could happen without grease with the new bushings with the movement (as someone else stated). there are better ways to come about things than that.

/done

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 10-13-09 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-13-09, 06:34 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys .....In a nut shell Ive been bambozzled...The SOB that did the install did a hack job and he is trying to give me excuses to get out it and collect the funds....not happening.
lol bamboozled! Haven't heard that one in a long long time.

Details on story plz.
Old 10-14-09, 12:11 PM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

Originally Posted by McKrevice
lol bamboozled! Haven't heard that one in a long long time.

Details on story plz.
*grab some popcorn*

Friend of the family is a mechanic and he has performed work on my fathers car with no issues in the past....Im in the process of doing a makeover on my GS and started with the engine and suspension work. I showed him the bushings and he told me he could do the job and that he would only need my car for one day. Now since his track record was good I said go for it.....After hearing excuses about the press he was using for 3 days I get my car back and the dash is lit up like a christmas tree.... ABS,VSC,VSC Off lights...I lost it at that point cause he tried to play me for a fool and give some BS like" I wanted to ask you about those..Werent they on prior" When i gave him my car he had to drive about a good 30 min to his place so he knew damn well those lights were not on prior. I informed him he probally killed the sensors...He admits he did something wrong and I give him the opportunity to make it right ....After leaving my car with for more than a week it comes back to me in the same shape with noises from the front end and still lights on and he tells me that all should be fixed and we just need to go have the codes reset...We make 2 seperate appointments with lexus and both times hes blown them off. So now Ived told him that he has had plenty of trys to get this right and he will not be recieving my car back to continue to roll the dice...Im back my old mechanic of 14 years that not once had a problem with and should have gone to in the begining and hes going to check it out.
Old 10-14-09, 01:58 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Sounds like an old vendor here on CL that did work to my car. I do all my own work now...with the exception of taking it to JeffTsai for some work out of my league.
Old 10-14-09, 04:04 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*grab some popcorn*
That blows dude.

Want to get him back? One previous friend screwed me out of 1500.00 and tried to weasel his way out of it...

Want to wreck that guys day?

Go to your local hunting store....and go buy skunk urine. Hunters use it to mask their scent when hunting.

Take that, and squeeze the whole bottle down his cowl. It stinks so bad, and there really is no way to get the smell out. He'll have to sell the car. Problem solved without violence.
Old 10-14-09, 05:06 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

memo: dont mess with mckrevice

Quick Reply: Bushings installed and now I have noises.