Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Cash in your Old Electronics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 04:14 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cash in your Old Electronics!

Dudes, now there is a financial incentive towards recycling old and even broken electronics that contains tons of toxic materials.

Check out all these sites. Some are better than others. Basically, you can cash in your old and used electronics in working order or EVEN broken. Some offer tax write offs with donations to your charity of choice. Others will give you direct paypal payments for even BROKEN items. Some offer free shipping label printouts and free pickup.

Enjoy getting paid to help the Earth.

www.CollectiveGood.com
www.greenphone.com
www.SecondRotation.com
www.BuyMyBrokeniPod.com
www.CellForCash.com

Last edited by PushinLEX; 12-10-07 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-07-07, 08:55 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

This week I sent in a working Samsung SCH A950 with www.greenphone.com and they let you print out a free shipping label. The quote was $21.00 bux. I sent in a broken 1st Gen ipod mini (4 Gb) quoted for $9 and a broken 1st Gen classic ipod (20 Gb) and got quoted for $12 thru www.BuyMyBrokeniPod.com. They require shipping. UPS Priority Mail flat rate envelope is only $4.60 any where in the domestic U.S.

I will keep you guys updated on the timetable of the transaction and when I get paid. Come back here for updates.

Last edited by PushinLEX; 12-10-07 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-09-07, 04:34 PM
LexFather

thanks dude.....
Old 12-11-07, 11:23 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
thanks dude.....
No prob
Old 12-19-07, 02:39 PM
I.B.dAt.Fo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ever got paid?
Old 12-20-07, 12:49 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I.B.dAt.Fo
ever got paid?
Nothing as of right now. I will keep you guys updated on any events.
Old 12-27-07, 09:33 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Default Update

I'm here to update this thread. I am happy to say that I have received payment for my broken ipods and am waiting on the other company for payment for the working cell phone. What are you guys waiting for!!!!
This is a win win situation. Whole process took about 2 weeks. Not too shabby. I will keep you guys updated on the status of the other transaction.

Transaction Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Received (ID #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Business Name:
HANA LLC
Buyer Email:
bmosley.ipodbuyer@gmail.com
Payment Sent to:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.buymybrokenipod.com
Customer Service Email: bmosley.ipodbuyer@gmail.com
Customer Service Phone: [Removed by request - IB Jason]

Total Amount:
$17.60 USD
Fee Amount:
-$0.81 USD
Net Amount:
$16.79 USD

Date:
Dec. 22, 2007
Time:
16:47:27 PST
Completed

Seller Protection Policy:
Eligible (if certain criteria are met)

Attn. Sellers:
You must ship to the address shown below to be protected under PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

Note:
I just wanted to let you know that we have received your iPods and sent you your payment via paypal. One of the iPods you sent was a gen 3, not a gen 4 so we had to reprice your item. Thanks for the business, it was a pleasure working with you!

Thanks Again,
Brett Mosley

brett@buymytronics.com

The best marketing is word of mouth. If you had a great experience with us, let all your friends and family know about www.buymytronics.com.
Shipping Address:
HANA LLC
1630 Clarkson Street
Unit 300
Denver, CO 80218
United States
Confirmed

Payment Type:
Instant

Last edited by IB Jason; 01-12-15 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Phone numbers removed by request. - IB Jason
Old 12-28-07, 04:42 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I think it's too much of a hassle for a few measly bucks.
Old 12-28-07, 08:59 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mean to rain on your parade so to speak, but to be honest, I think you might be able to get more on eBay even for a broken iPod. Maybe $20-$25 at least. As for cellphones, depending what kind, it could also fetch in more on eBay since people with similar phones are sometimes looking for replacement parts.
Old 01-01-08, 10:26 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DarKnight
I think it's too much of a hassle for a few measly bucks.
Originally Posted by rfx45
I don't mean to rain on your parade so to speak, but to be honest, I think you might be able to get more on eBay even for a broken iPod. Maybe $20-$25 at least. As for cellphones, depending what kind, it could also fetch in more on eBay since people with similar phones are sometimes looking for replacement parts.
Totally understand fellas. To me, this is more of an ecological/moral imperative as opposed to a sounder financial one. I still take the time to recycle all my old electronics through local electronic recycling facilities and have not gotten paid a dime for my time or labor. You'd be amazed how much electronic waste you can accumulate in a year or so. These facilities take the time to properly dispose of the electronic waste unlike most county recycling facilities which usually hold less stringent requirements for electronic waste disposal. I was recently reading an article about how some city recycling facilities are so inefficient that they use more energy than they save in waste management. The money through these sites are just an extra pat on the back. Although recycling used phones and broken ipods through private dealers and individual bargain hunters does work and even helps the environment, the sites listed above are flagged as ecologically friendly businesses that either COMPLETELY recycle the parts as to leave no harmful byproducts to harm our ecology, or refurbish the ipods or cell phones to have them sold overseas in 3rd world markets where the cell phone trend, used or not, is extremely hot.

Another update, I got paid for the cell phone, and this business is paypal fee exempt so they didnt even deduct the 3% commission.

I've just created this thread to help keep people aware and in the habit of being more responsible for our consumer waste, and to let it be known that being environmentally responsible is not a fiscal liability.

Transaction Details

Payment Received (ID #XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Business Name:
CollectiveGood, Inc.
Buyer Email:
seth@collectivegood.com
Payment Sent to:

xxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.collectivegood.com
Customer Service Email: seth@collectivegood.com
Customer Service Phone: [Removed by request - IB Jason]

Total Amount:
$21.00 USD

Date:
Dec. 29, 2007
Time:
06:24:17 PST
Completed

Seller Protection Policy:
Ineligible
Note:
We thank you for recycling your retired mobile phones with GreenPhone. We have credited your account with PayPal using your username / e-mail address. Please tell your friends about us (join our Recycling Rewards program first to earn commissions;-)

Best regards,

The GreenPhone Team
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Payment Type:
Instant

Last edited by IB Jason; 01-12-15 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Phone numbers removed by request. - IB Jason
Old 01-03-08, 10:49 AM
twkid84
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the great sites
I am amazed that my 3 year sony s700i can still go for $59
yea!
Old 01-03-08, 12:27 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by twkid84
thanks for the great sites
I am amazed that my 3 year sony s700i can still go for $59
yea!
Your welcome. What are you waiting for? If its just lying around your house taking up valuable space, send that sucker in and get your 3 weeks of free coffee money! Oh yea, not to mention the good karma and satisfaction of mind

With these vendors, you dont have to hassle with shady or flaky folks on ebay or craigslist. All those people try and low ball anyways. The price is set, you send it in, and you get paid. Done deal.
Old 03-11-08, 01:36 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Default Another Update

Just to let you guys know, www.BuyMyBrokeniPod.com gives the best pay for your electronics in my experience and now accepts cell phones, game consoles, old digital cameras, etc. Shipping was CHEAP, just regular postage for the weight. I sold my old WORKING Verizon LG Chocolate (1st Gen VX8500) with manual, chargers, original box, cover, etc. in good condition and got the below. From shipping to paypal payment, this took no longer than a week. I checked craigslist and the recycler, and the 1st Gen Chocolates can't even be sold for 60-80 bux now. Then u get the low ballers and spammers to deal with. This is a systematic and proven method to recycle your electronics responsibly and get paid to do it in a no BS way.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh yea, I got the New LG Venus now. Great phone IMO.

Dear Christopher,

HANA LLC just sent you money with PayPal.

HANA LLC is a Verified buyer.

Payment Details

Amount: $65.85 USD

Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: We Got Your TRONICs and You Have Been Paid - Thanks!

Note: I just wanted to let you know that we have received your Tronics and sent you your payment via paypal. Thanks for the business, it was a pleasure working with you!

Thanks Again,
Brett Mosley

brett@buymytronics.com

The best marketing is word of mouth. If you had a great experience with us, let all your friends and family know about www.buymytronics.com.

We accept Cell Phones, iPods, Game Consoles and soon more!

View the details of this transaction online
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Shipping Information

Address: HANA LLC
1630 Clarkson Street
Unit 300
Denver, CO 80218
United States

Shipping Method:

Address status: Confirmed

Have you lifted your withdrawal and receiving limits? Just log in to your PayPal account and click View Limits on the Account Overview page.

Thank you for using PayPal!
Old 03-11-08, 01:49 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One time I took all my electronic/ computer junk put it in a box and called it box-o-electronic-junk, it included old hard drives a bunch of cables and crap. Sold it on ebay for about $100 + shipping... people on ebay will buy anything.
Old 03-11-08, 03:03 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chanh55
One time I took all my electronic/ computer junk put it in a box and called it box-o-electronic-junk, it included old hard drives a bunch of cables and crap. Sold it on ebay for about $100 + shipping... people on ebay will buy anything.
and called it box-o-electronic-junk
....LOL. Hustlin!!!!

Quick Reply: Cash in your Old Electronics!