ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

I really want to buy an ES but

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-15, 08:06 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I really want to buy an ES but

Well it's the dealers, snobs, arrogant, do not answer questions, won't discuss pricing until we write a deal. Are they this dumb? I was in sales for over 30 years, they are not winning me over, actually they are driving me to buy an Avalon and the Toyota dealer I am working with is great. The deal is good, I am looking at the top LTD with tech package, so I am looking at a car listing in the mid $40's. So again, what is wrong with these CT and MA dealers? I understand the game but they will loose this battle.
Old 06-25-15, 08:24 PM
12jimmyjam
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Crazy. Well the end of June is coming up which represents the end of the financial quarter. Also the end of the month which may motivate salespersons. Don't give up on the ES yet. I got a really good deal the last time I bought at an opportune time.
Old 06-25-15, 08:27 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 12jimmyjam
Crazy. Well the end of June is coming up which represents the end of the financial quarter. Also the end of the month which may motivate salespersons. Don't give up on the ES yet. I got a really good deal the last time I bought at an opportune time.
Yes, crazy for sure. I won't be back till July so June is out, but we shall see. Thanks.
Old 06-26-15, 01:46 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
Well it's the dealers, snobs, arrogant, do not answer questions, won't discuss pricing until we write a deal. Are they this dumb? I was in sales for over 30 years, they are not winning me over, actually they are driving me to buy an Avalon and the Toyota dealer I am working with is great. The deal is good, I am looking at the top LTD with tech package, so I am looking at a car listing in the mid $40's. So again, what is wrong with these CT and MA dealers? I understand the game but they will loose this battle.
BB11... Hate to hear that your getting the run around from the Lexus sales people... my experience was the exact opposite of yours.... I had an 07 Avalon and was ready to buy a new one last year, but couldn't get the Toyota salesman to answer my questions... he was always very vague about anything that had to do with numbers... stepped across the street to the lexus dealership and found the sales lady to be great.. always answered questions, returned all calls and emails... great to work with... best of luck in your car hunt...

Poppa
Old 06-26-15, 02:07 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Poppa, thanks for your comment. Funny how this was the opposite for you. I have 2 dealers acting like this but I contacted 3 more further away and I also spoke to one sales manager. I will be back home in 10 or so days and buy one of these cars. I really like the look of the ES better and would like it yo be the one
I buy.

Thanks again
Old 06-26-15, 06:06 AM
chrisexv6
Driver

Im working with a Lexus dealer in CT (PM me if you want to know which, I dont like out-ing dealers on the net) right now and they are great. I think EVERY brand has "those dealers" that tend to not be the best the manufacturer has to offer.

We're cross shopping the ES with a TLX and finding it hard to get a local Acura dealer to give me a loaner TLX for a day, whereas Lexus offered it during our 15 minute test drive a few days ago (we actually have their loaner right now).
Old 06-26-15, 06:14 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

How can they avoid giving you a price before writing a deal? Usually you get the price, give a yea or nay, then write the deal. Don't get that... I would speak to the sales manager, or at least ask for a different salesperson.
An incident akin to this is once I went to a VW dealer to buy a Rabbit. He wouldn't give me a price at all. So I went to the next closest dealer and bought a Rabbit the same day...
Old 06-26-15, 06:32 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
How can they avoid giving you a price before writing a deal? Usually you get the price, give a yea or nay, then write the deal. Don't get that... I would speak to the sales manager, or at least ask for a different salesperson.
An incident akin to this is once I went to a VW dealer to buy a Rabbit. He wouldn't give me a price at all. So I went to the next closest dealer and bought a Rabbit the same day...
^Agree 100%

It is odd that it''s more than one dealer, though. I've ran into a couple in my life that didn't seem willing to make money. It's very rare, so keep trying.
Old 06-26-15, 10:20 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few calls to return today. I cannot imagine writing a deal before having my information. This happened once before with a rep that did not have much experience and had to have his hand held. Again, thanks
Old 06-26-15, 10:45 AM
s9211
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to go to a dealership and find the exact config that you need. Then let all other dealers earn your business. You give the dealer who gave you the test drive, etc. an opportunity to match or beat the best price.
Old 06-26-15, 01:19 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Remember if you get a bad deal you have only yourself to blame, we've all dealt with arrogant salesman, do not let them pressure you into a deal you are not comfortable with.

Shop around even try contacting broker agencies, at times i have gotten my vehicle through a broker. Saves me a long day at the dealer and bargaining breathe. And i get the deal i want.
Old 06-26-15, 03:52 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

I did my research and figured a good low number but not absurdly low. If I got it I would be happy. After two trips and test drives (over a couple months) I went in and said what configuration I wanted, and he said let's see what we have (uh-oh!) Well, I'm in TX and the nearest vehicle configured the way I wanted was in OK (or KS, I don't recall). Anyway, they had another vehicle with a few more goodies on the lot--same color, even! So I mentioned my price and he accepted. So I was kinda surprised. I got what I wanted at a good price and a few more things (totally loaded 2014 UL). So I went back and did more research and I got about $1500 under invoice including the extras. Nonetheless, there was no haggling, etc. They were very friendly and courteous.
Old 06-27-15, 09:14 AM
spacer46
Driver School Candidate

I had a ton of issues with the dealers in my area myself. In the San Francisco Bay Area they wouldn't budge on overpriced cars that were on their lot for 6+ months. In addition, almost all the dealers won't negotiate by email or phone. They only came back to me months later with more reasonable offers when it was too late and I bought a 300H far outside from my area.
Old 06-27-15, 10:49 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Can't find a car with pre collision and lane departure, don't want navigation as I believe stand alone units work better. I think for the most part dealers want to sell what they have unless locating is just really hard. I have found an Avalon with all of the features I want.