ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Air Fan blowing while car is off?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-14, 06:24 AM
whatahoot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Fan blowing while car is off?!

I appologize if this is covered in another thread, but after 1/2 hour of searching I cannot find this failure mode.... I did find another thread to diagnose the blower motor connector and fuse link and will be verify this tonight.

I only found this problem walking through the garage this week and the car fan was blowing. Car hadn't been ran for several days. Started the car and couldn't turn off the blower. Turned off the car, turned it back on and the blower was still on. I was then able to turn it off (and back on and back off). Left it off and turned off the car. Turned it back on and the fan was off. I was able to turn it on and off again. Drove the car a couple of times until yesterday when I noticed the same problem. I guess in disgust I ignored it... until this morning when the car battery was dead.

Going after the fuse link tonight, any other insight into another relay or such that is a simple fix.

Thanks!
Rick
Old 06-22-14, 08:26 PM
bpayam
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I have exact same issue, please let me know what did you do to fix it?
Or at least what part did you change? I'm currently stuck.... Please help...

Thanks,
Payam
Old 06-23-14, 02:48 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whatahoot
I appologize if this is covered in another thread, but after 1/2 hour of searching I cannot find this failure mode.... I did find another thread to diagnose the blower motor connector and fuse link and will be verify this tonight.

I only found this problem walking through the garage this week and the car fan was blowing. Car hadn't been ran for several days. Started the car and couldn't turn off the blower. Turned off the car, turned it back on and the blower was still on. I was then able to turn it off (and back on and back off). Left it off and turned off the car. Turned it back on and the fan was off. I was able to turn it on and off again. Drove the car a couple of times until yesterday when I noticed the same problem. I guess in disgust I ignored it... until this morning when the car battery was dead.

Going after the fuse link tonight, any other insight into another relay or such that is a simple fix.

Thanks!
Rick
What year? What mileage? What fuse?
Old 06-30-14, 06:43 AM
bpayam
Driver School Candidate

IS 350, 2006

So here is more up to date info:

I bought a used fan (resistor is part of the fan) and replaced it, it's been about 4 days now and never seen the fan comes on while car is off. But the fan doesn't work when car is on either.

Also I tested the fan connector and didn't see any power coming through anymore.
The controller is also tested and that works fine.

So what's left between the blower power connector and battery? Servo? Relay?

- I checked all the fuses, they are okay.
- AC and heater work as well
- Blowing position works fine too
Old 06-30-14, 05:15 PM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You bought a used fan, replaced and now the fan doesn't come on at all? I'd say you got a dud fan.... try it on another Lexus (if that's possible)?
Old 06-30-14, 06:53 PM
whatahoot
Driver School Candidate

Our Lexus dealer ended up replacing the air con blower motor and the problem has gone away. Worth the $350.... They could not confirm the failure mode, thank goodness the problem repeated in their hands. Ours is a 2007 ES350.
Old 07-03-14, 09:50 AM
bpayam
Driver School Candidate

I took the car too dealer, and they told me de-fusable or fusable link block is blown out.

Anyone has any idea, where it is located and what's the part number?