ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

I want to replace the stock microphone,need help knowing where it plugs into headunit

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 03:24 PM
android943
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to replace the stock microphone,need help knowing where it plugs into headunit

Hi all,

I'd like to replace the stock microphone in my 2008 ES350, and move it to a better location to try to improve the horrible tinny bluetooth sound on phone calls. Does anyone know where on the head unit (I'm assuming it's on the head unit) the wires from the microphone enters? Is there a plug, or is it hard wired? Anyone have any thoughts?

PS I have the Nav Unit, and ML stereo.
Old 09-16-12, 05:54 PM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a copy of the wiring diagram here but am not on a pc right now, will respond tomorrow if no one else does.
Old 09-16-12, 11:21 PM
android943
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mlacomb
I have a copy of the wiring diagram here but am not on a pc right now, will respond tomorrow if no one else does.
Thanks, I would appreciate it. If I figure out how to do the hack, I'll post it up here.
Old 09-17-12, 05:29 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-diagrams.html

In looking at the diagram for non NAV; light blu, red white and black run up to the microphone. On the back of the head unit, there's a seperate plug for these - looks like an 8 pin connector dedicated solely to the microphone. If you find a connector with these colors in pins:
1 - lt blu
2 - white or green
3 - black
4 - none
5 - red
6 - nca (?)
7 - none
8 - none

then you have the right connector. The bigger deal is what do the wires other than red and white do, since they're the actual feed (per the wiring diagram) from the microphone in and of itself.

I personally (with stock non-ML non NAV) don't have any issue at all with the microphone in my 08 ES350 - the only real problem the other side has is if it's a hot day and the AC is blowing full tilt. At that point if it's an important call, I turn off the AC or turn down the fans at least and resume the call. Will be curious what you're doing for an "upgrade"
Old 09-17-12, 09:53 PM
android943
Driver School Candidate

In looking at the diagram for non NAV; light blu, red white and black run up to the microphone. On the back of the head unit, there's a seperate plug for these - looks like an 8 pin connector dedicated solely to the microphone. If you find a connector with these colors in pins:
1 - lt blu
2 - white or green
3 - black
4 - none
5 - red
6 - nca (?)
7 - none
8 - none

then you have the right connector. The bigger deal is what do the wires other than red and white do, since they're the actual feed (per the wiring diagram) from the microphone in and of itself.

I personally (with stock non-ML non NAV) don't have any issue at all with the microphone in my 08 ES350 - the only real problem the other side has is if it's a hot day and the AC is blowing full tilt. At that point if it's an important call, I turn off the AC or turn down the fans at least and resume the call. Will be curious what you're doing for an "upgrade"
why would a microphone have so many wires? Also, what about the nav version?
Old 09-18-12, 06:08 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Read the attached PDF wiring diagram in that other thread. I'm GUESSING that MCO+ and MCO- are the wires you want, follow them back to the radio portion of the diagram.
Old 03-17-17, 08:39 PM
dta20502
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 - lt blu
2 - white or green
3 - black
4 - none
5 - red
6 - nca (?)
7 - none
8 - none

Alldatadiy shows microphone wires are in 16 pins connector (E73). See pictures:

You will need
Car Charger DC Converter Module 12V To 5V 3A 15W with Micro USB Cable
To provide 5vdc to the Mac input of the microphone. It work for me...

Last edited by dta20502; 03-27-17 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-25-17, 08:10 AM
ta1drman
Driver School Candidate

I have an LX470 and am in search of the wiring diagram to utilize the existing LX470 Microphone. Installed an aftermarket blue tooth to stream music. The microphone is marginally acceptable--does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 2007 LX470? Thank you.