ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Stock audio w/ nav, NO mark levinson, AUDIO upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-21, 12:52 PM
dknights
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Stock audio w/ nav, NO mark levinson, AUDIO upgrade

Not thrilled with stock sound- Decided to upgrade door speakers, and amp. I know this has been done, but somewhat confusing with what’s needed. Going to pay audio shop
(or Best Buy) to install, but here’s what I ordered- so others may follow a similar path. Took pictures of boxes so you may look up specs if desired. Will also report back after install to relay any instances of unsatisfactory sound. Didn’t want to lose trunk space by adding a sub. But I’m sure amp will still have to be mounted in trunk. I’m not sure if I will be able to retain the OEM amp/sub, but we will see. I BELIEVE if I do that, I will lose the option of fading front/rear. I will update with what ended up happening, and how much install costs and if any other items are needed, but I think I will end up needing another pair of RCA cables. All of these items, there are cheaper alternatives. So don’t feel that you need to follow this blueprint exactly, PLUS I’m not sure if it will work/sound good until it’s installed. In which case I will be back to report my excitement, or back to report my lack of excitement, and money. Hope this helps someone. Already put sound deadening material in doors, and bottom of rear deck but I doubt this is completely necessary to get quality sound.

(Front doors) Audiofrog gs690 6x9 speakers, 100 watts RMS @4ohms came with mounts from crutchfield, but I had to drill one hole on each because only 3 screws lined up to connect speaker to mount. $330 crutchfield- came with wiring harness and mounts for free. Free shipping

Crescendo audio Symphony S4, 4 channel amp, bridgeable and 880 watts RMS @2ohms 560 watts RMS @4ohms $300 crescendo audio website, free tshirt, free shipping

Audiocontrol lc7i. 6 channel line output converter at 400 watts per channel This is needed to integrate the factory oem radio (with or without nav) with new amp, and is NEEDED to complete audio install on 5th gen ES350. There are cheaper alternatives. $145 eBay free shipping

Morel maximo ultra 602 mkii 110 watts @4ohms 6.5” 2 way component speakers, going to use the crossovers/tweeters for the audiofrogs in the front doors if possible. Mounts were bought on Amazon for $10 for Lexus es350 rear doors and worked perfectly. $250 on Amazon for component set. (Speakers/tweeters/crossovers)

Rockville amp wiring kit, 100% copper, 4 gauge(this is whatever is relevant to YOUR amp, make sure to use proper gauge wire, any amp manufacturer will be able to tell you what’s recommended for your amp) I also got another roll of 14 gauge speaker wire since this was only a two channel kit. $55 on Amazon for kit $15 for extra roll of speaker wire.

Last edited by dknights; 06-26-21 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Titlettitle