Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

HOW TO: Access Cal, Phone, Music Folder Access and Maintenance menus while driving...

Old 06-08-10, 08:42 PM   #61
Blueshark
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Finally, i did the mod as explained, BUT, for some reason, i don't have access to the maintenance menu and calendar (it is still grayed out), only the music folders works ?????!!!

What could be wrong ?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Blueshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 10:16 PM   #62
Blueshark
Lead Lap

I did the mod EXACTLY as stated and i only have access to the music folders while driving..... the maintenance and calendar are still grayed out ???? what could it be please ....

Plus, i think i still have the DSL functionning even with the mod done.
Blueshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 09:55 AM   #63
intrepid6
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the hack. It works amazingly!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
intrepid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 04:52 PM   #64
intrepid6
Driver School Candidate

Hmmmmm. As soon as I did the workaround I took the car for a spin and it worked perfectly. None of the menus were greyed out and I had full control while driving. This evening I took the car out again and it looks as though it has reverted back to being greyed out. Any thoughts or suggestions???
intrepid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 09:18 AM   #65
wbastone
Driver School Candidate

Default Navi w/o DVD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning all, just picked my new '11 ES: w /navi. Just wondering is there any way to play a dvd on a non Levinson nav. I didn't realize the standard nav would not play them. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker, just disapointed is all.
wbastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-13, 12:42 PM   #66
ThumperPup
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonartech View Post
HOW-TO Guide
The first way is non-permanent and is what I recommend. This is also the only method I describe in detail in this guide. This method involves removing the individual pins from the connectors and just swapping them around. No soldering needed. This method is non-permanent and could be completely reversed if necessary potentially saving your butt if you ever need to take your Nav system in for service.
The second way is permanent. Instead of removing pins, you cut, strip, solder and heat-shrink wires. If the dealer ever has to go in there for something, theyíre going to see the work you did. However, after you see what a pain in the butt it is to remove pins, you might instead opt to cut wires even though I recommend you donítÖ
Similar to #2 above, except that you install a switch to toggle the SPD (speed) signal on/off to the Multi-Display as you wish. Instead of leaving it "permanently" disconnected, install a switch that will allow you to return the system to a pre-modified state at the flip of a switch. This modification is quite nice, but it does require cutting wires and making permanent edits to the original wiring. By using this method, you can restore SPD to the Multi-Display as needed, thus restoring the ability to switch directly to the Speed Dial menu from the steering wheel. This will also restore your ability to use ASL while the bypass is switched off (meaning SPD is connected to the Multi-Display).

]

by fallowing one of these 3 steps this will cut the speed signal to the unit from the transmission so it will not realize it is moving correct ?

now will this only work for phone and other functions but not for the navi functions ?
i guess what im curious about here is
if the speed signal is cut off from the Navi unit
how will it know how fast im moving and if i have traveled from one street to another or how many miles i have driven or traveled to change or redirect me ?
ThumperPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 07:45 AM   #67
andym0097
Driver School Candidate

This guy has WAY to much time on his hands!
andym0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 09:25 AM   #68
ThanhLoan
Driver School Candidate

Angry Pictures not founrd in Sonartech #1 post

May I ask if someone has the pictures of Sonartech #1 post. I plan to do the mods but without the pictures, I think it will be difficult.

Thank you
ThanhLoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 03:14 AM   #69
jstdo1t
Driver School Candidate

HOW-TO Guide

Enabling access to the Music Folders, Phone Dialing, Calendar and Maintenance Menus while Driving the Lexus ES-350

Hi Sonartech,
I have jst bought my 2008 Lexus RX 350 and joined the forum and want to activate greyed out Menus on my RX 350 from this HOW-To-Guide, but can't see the pics of this HOW-To-Guide. When I click on them it says URL is not available. Can anyone help me to get those pics. Thanks in advance.
jstdo1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 03:14 AM

Tags
bhone, cal, dial, disabled, driving, dvd, eject, gps, is350, jeep, navigation, permanent, permanently, phone, rds, rx350, speed