ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

HOW TO: Access Cal, Phone, Music Folder Access and Maintenance menus while driving...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 08:42 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally, i did the mod as explained, BUT, for some reason, i don't have access to the maintenance menu and calendar (it is still grayed out), only the music folders works ?????!!!

What could be wrong ?
Old 06-12-10, 10:16 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the mod EXACTLY as stated and i only have access to the music folders while driving..... the maintenance and calendar are still grayed out ???? what could it be please ....

Plus, i think i still have the DSL functionning even with the mod done.
Old 07-16-11, 09:55 AM
intrepid6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the hack. It works amazingly!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-11, 04:52 PM
intrepid6
Driver School Candidate

Hmmmmm. As soon as I did the workaround I took the car for a spin and it worked perfectly. None of the menus were greyed out and I had full control while driving. This evening I took the car out again and it looks as though it has reverted back to being greyed out. Any thoughts or suggestions???
Old 11-01-11, 09:18 AM
wbastone
Driver School Candidate

Default Navi w/o DVD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning all, just picked my new '11 ES: w /navi. Just wondering is there any way to play a dvd on a non Levinson nav. I didn't realize the standard nav would not play them. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker, just disapointed is all.
Old 01-31-13, 12:42 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonartech
HOW-TO Guide
The first way is non-permanent and is what I recommend. This is also the only method I describe in detail in this guide. This method involves removing the individual pins from the connectors and just swapping them around. No soldering needed. This method is non-permanent and could be completely reversed if necessary potentially saving your butt if you ever need to take your Nav system in for service.
The second way is permanent. Instead of removing pins, you cut, strip, solder and heat-shrink wires. If the dealer ever has to go in there for something, they’re going to see the work you did. However, after you see what a pain in the butt it is to remove pins, you might instead opt to cut wires even though I recommend you don’t…
Similar to #2 above, except that you install a switch to toggle the SPD (speed) signal on/off to the Multi-Display as you wish. Instead of leaving it "permanently" disconnected, install a switch that will allow you to return the system to a pre-modified state at the flip of a switch. This modification is quite nice, but it does require cutting wires and making permanent edits to the original wiring. By using this method, you can restore SPD to the Multi-Display as needed, thus restoring the ability to switch directly to the Speed Dial menu from the steering wheel. This will also restore your ability to use ASL while the bypass is switched off (meaning SPD is connected to the Multi-Display).

]

by fallowing one of these 3 steps this will cut the speed signal to the unit from the transmission so it will not realize it is moving correct ?

now will this only work for phone and other functions but not for the navi functions ?
i guess what im curious about here is
if the speed signal is cut off from the Navi unit
how will it know how fast im moving and if i have traveled from one street to another or how many miles i have driven or traveled to change or redirect me ?
Old 08-09-13, 07:45 AM
andym0097
Driver School Candidate

This guy has WAY to much time on his hands!
Old 03-13-14, 09:25 AM
ThanhLoan
Driver School Candidate

Angry Pictures not founrd in Sonartech #1 post

May I ask if someone has the pictures of Sonartech #1 post. I plan to do the mods but without the pictures, I think it will be difficult.

Thank you
Old 04-20-14, 03:14 AM
jstdo1t
Driver School Candidate

HOW-TO Guide

Enabling access to the Music Folders, Phone Dialing, Calendar and Maintenance Menus while Driving the Lexus ES-350

Hi Sonartech,
I have jst bought my 2008 Lexus RX 350 and joined the forum and want to activate greyed out Menus on my RX 350 from this HOW-To-Guide, but can't see the pics of this HOW-To-Guide. When I click on them it says URL is not available. Can anyone help me to get those pics. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-16, 09:25 PM
Chicochan
Driver School Candidate

Just got a 2008 ES350 with Navi unit and looking for the pictures as well. Also, anyone do the cutting and splicing method successfully? My car is out of warranty so I don't care what the dealership sees as long as I don't f'up and kill the unit.
Old 07-09-22, 03:06 PM
agtdale
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Blueshark
I have my wire plugs completely out E62 and NAV P2, I have an ES350 with ML from Canada but it looks like the sky color wire is not the same on the canadian version, i do have on the E62 only one blue wire and it is not located on the same position as shown. To point out where it is located, you can refer to the the picture 2-2: my blue wire is under the pin 14 as shown, on top (pin 14 position) is a white wire. I only have 2 rows of 8 pins.
As for the orange wire, i have it exactly as mentionned.
Plus, on the E62 molex, i don't have as much wires as shown and less pins also ?????
Working on a 2011 ES350 w/ Navigation
I've got the same problem...missing pics from original post :/

See attached pics...E62 is on the second row of connectors from top, very right-most connector.

I've tried mapping the connectors across to the pictures present in document "as.pdf" (attached, retrieved from another post...), but I can't cross-reference anything called "NAV:P2-4".

Using the above pic, can somebody point me at "NAV:P2-4", please?

Once I get the wire colors sorted out on which connector, I can echo back what color wire was in what pin spot to make this work....

My E62, for reference:

Am I reading the diagram incorrectly? I'm reading it as spots 13 and 14 are EMPTY.
There are sky blue wires in the middle, and pink / light blue wires at top right as pictured, which I'm reading as spots 25-26...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
as.pdf (237.5 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-11-22, 01:16 PM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

i think you are reading the plug upside down. the schematic says 13 14 are skb and y and 25 26 are lb and y

here are a few ref to p1 and p2 harness loc (and p3 elsewhere );could not find a p4 ref

edit2 i looked at the guide and found
CONVENTIONS USED IN THIS GUIDE
  • “NAV:P2-4” means “Navigation ECU, connector P2, Pin 4”
ok im out of info
Attached Files
78.pdf (130.5 KB, 14 views)
98.pdf (79.5 KB, 16 views)
04.pdf (118.8 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by nevernu; 07-11-22 at 02:32 PM.