ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

upper & sway bar sugguestion??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-02, 06:43 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Filter

The filter I was looking at, haven't bought yet.. is a K and N cone filter. The size AutoZone told me to get was 8x6x4. I don't know about the adapter yet, but the filter price is $62
Old 04-08-02, 12:01 AM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for such and eloquent response and pointing out the things that you don't agree with, you made vary valid points and proved your self above most people who make simple few line thoughtless remarks like the first one you made. If you use the intelligence shown in your response post in your future post and explain you point rather then make a remark in a sarcastic rhetorical manner such as "why mod your car" then you will not receive posts like mine and not incur the same stereo type as the others that are new and have no regard for peoples personal likes. Personally welcome aboard and you have matured in your second post. Every thing there is backed by your opinion and there for your entitled to it just remember there are other friends here that weather or not they will ever go fast like to mod there ES 300's. I feel you can make any kind of response even a controversial one as long as you can say it in an intelligent way.
Old 04-11-02, 07:28 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for such and eloquent response and pointing out the things that you don't agree with, you made vary valid points and proved your self above most people who make simple few line thoughtless remarks like the first one you made. If you use the intelligence shown in your response post in your future post and explain you point rather then make a remark in a sarcastic rhetorical manner such as "why mod your car" then you will not receive posts like mine and not incur the same stereo type as the others that are new and have no regard for peoples personal likes. Personally welcome aboard and you have matured in your second post. Every thing there is backed by your opinion and there for your entitled to it just remember there are other friends here that weather or not they will ever go fast like to mod there ES 300's. I feel you can make any kind of response even a controversial one as long as you can say it in an intelligent way.
I wish you practice what you preach all the time. All I asked in the begging was a simple question. No rude comments, no flames, just a question out of curiosity. I don't think your response was quite thoughtfull and intelligent as you want everyone's to be. You also mentione people were stereotyping people like me. I beleive you were the that said the number of posts you have gave you a direct right to well, act like a god. You stereotyped everyone with a high # of posts including yourself.
Old 04-11-02, 09:49 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ok ladies enough

Enough guys. This isnt an AOL chat room.
Besides the number of posts you have doesn't mean anything except you've been here longer.......I know a lot about cars and I only have like 37 or so posts ....but really we all are here to hopefully help eachother....So lets continue doing so......PEACE

On that note : where can i get a clublexus logo for my ride...I think its time to represent!!!
Old 04-11-02, 10:13 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

”But I guess you in force the stereo type that driver school candidates are rude and don’t consider other. As you are hear longer and post more then 17 posts you might get to know us and figure out how to make replies in a critical yet respectfully way. Me and other pole position club members like flipside909 have info to offer and we try to keep a professional atmosphere. Any one else agree with me?”

I’m am stating above that in past experiences I have noticed not necessarily a bad trait but a trait that can bring about bad connotations and that being, posting in a inconsiderate sarcastic tone whether intentional or not.
When I am new to an area I don’t go around testing people on the street I would walk a little more cautious just to get to know the area and once familiar with it I would then be included as one of those people that I was once so unfamiliar with. What I mean is that when I was new to this forum I observed and then posted and began building a rapport with every one. I didn’t think my best action would be to ask a question that was directly contradicting what the majority of the members are obviously doing and enjoy. All though legitimate once stated in a sarcastic and unnecessary manner one must realize it might bring bad connotations. Not that there is anything wrong with your question yet in an unfair and an unforgiving world people will take your comments to heart specially when they don’t know you. So my reaction to your post was wrongly hinged on those before you with similar rhetorical post such as “why do that to your Lexus!” It was a reaction solely based on a fragmented perspective and an incomplete preconception of your point of view and opinion.
I understand what you were stating more now then before simply do to communication. Now I only wish you would have phrased your original statement with so much care and detail as your more recent posts. You have shown exactly what I was loosely implying in an unfair manor which was that newer people might be more unaware of their surroundings. This was illustrated by the tone of your original “Why” post as a new member to the progression of your recent more mature Stance in our club. You may have not ever meant to offend but you might have done just that. Now although we are engaged in a fiery debate you are able to handle your self in a way without offending simply because you now feel a need to explain your self further. Now this all seams so complicated yet its rather really simple.

1. Explain your self and you will be heard.

2. Sate fragments and you will be misunderstood.

I apologize if I ever compared my self to God? Or made unfair judgments due to our human sinful nature. Because I see and accept your point of view I would ask you to try and see mine. I offer you a digital handshake in the brotherhood of Lexus and in equality of friendship.

“Why trying to make your car something it's not?
Es 300 would be the last place to look if you want a slammed harsh ride.”

This just doesn’t seam like a sportive post in a club of piers. Like I said, maybe with further information it might have been interpreted in its true integrity but by leaving holes you leave them to be filled with preconception.

A different aprouch: Why are you guys modifying your cars in a way that they were not originally intended? My personal opinion is that the ES300 would look less appealing with a lower suspension and feel worse with a harsher ride, but it is your car and your decision. I just think that the ES300 is already built to its potential and personally is better left alone.

This is my understanding of what you meant after hearing your further comments. If stated in this manner simalar to this there would be no room for misunderstandings. It would project your legitimate question in a ligament way and there for requiring a legitimate response. Maybe I’m all wrong but hopefully I have cleared up my misunderstandings and you cleared yours as well. Peace out!
Old 04-12-02, 04:34 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ClubLexus Logo

Look at the new post titled "Windsheild banner"
That banner was $45. Had it custom made
Old 04-12-02, 08:39 AM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

”But I guess you in force the stereo type that driver school candidates are rude and don’t consider other. As you are hear longer and post more then 17 posts you might get to know us and figure out how to make replies in a critical yet respectfully way. Me and other pole position club members like flipside909 have info to offer and we try to keep a professional atmosphere. Any one else agree with me?”

I’m am stating above that in past experiences I have noticed not necessarily a bad trait but a trait that can bring about bad connotations and that being, posting in a inconsiderate sarcastic tone whether intentional or not.
When I am new to an area I don’t go around testing people on the street I would walk a little more cautious just to get to know the area and once familiar with it I would then be included as one of those people that I was once so unfamiliar with. What I mean is that when I was new to this forum I observed and then posted and began building a rapport with every one. I didn’t think my best action would be to ask a question that was directly contradicting what the majority of the members are obviously doing and enjoy. All though legitimate once stated in a sarcastic and unnecessary manner one must realize it might bring bad connotations. Not that there is anything wrong with your question yet in an unfair and an unforgiving world people will take your comments to heart specially when they don’t know you. So my reaction to your post was wrongly hinged on those before you with similar rhetorical post such as “why do that to your Lexus!” It was a reaction solely based on a fragmented perspective and an incomplete preconception of your point of view and opinion.
I understand what you were stating more now then before simply do to communication. Now I only wish you would have phrased your original statement with so much care and detail as your more recent posts. You have shown exactly what I was loosely implying in an unfair manor which was that newer people might be more unaware of their surroundings. This was illustrated by the tone of your original “Why” post as a new member to the progression of your recent more mature Stance in our club. You may have not ever meant to offend but you might have done just that. Now although we are engaged in a fiery debate you are able to handle your self in a way without offending simply because you now feel a need to explain your self further. Now this all seams so complicated yet its rather really simple.

1. Explain your self and you will be heard.

2. Sate fragments and you will be misunderstood.

I apologize if I ever compared my self to God? Or made unfair judgments due to our human sinful nature. Because I see and accept your point of view I would ask you to try and see mine. I offer you a digital handshake in the brotherhood of Lexus and in equality of friendship.

“Why trying to make your car something it's not?
Es 300 would be the last place to look if you want a slammed harsh ride.”

This just doesn’t seam like a sportive post in a club of piers. Like I said, maybe with further information it might have been interpreted in its true integrity but by leaving holes you leave them to be filled with preconception.

A different aprouch: Why are you guys modifying your cars in a way that they were not originally intended? My personal opinion is that the ES300 would look less appealing with a lower suspension and feel worse with a harsher ride, but it is your car and your decision. I just think that the ES300 is already built to its potential and personally is better left alone.

This is my understanding of what you meant after hearing your further comments. If stated in this manner simalar to this there would be no room for misunderstandings. It would project your legitimate question in a ligament way and there for requiring a legitimate response. Maybe I’m all wrong but hopefully I have cleared up my misunderstandings and you cleared yours as well. Peace out!