ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

FogLight & ParkingLight Mod. 2nd Gen ES300

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-07, 12:59 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FogLight & ParkingLight Mod. 2nd Gen ES300

(sorry for the wait, been busy with school and work)

I've been asked to do a small write up about how to enable parking and fog light to be on at the same time.

Model : 2nd Gen ES300

!!!Caution!!!: Do @ Your Own Risk!. I will not be at fualt for anyone actions. If, for some reason that this cause an electrical short.

Parts Can be founded @ your local AutoZone/Walmart Etc.
Parts needed:
- 10 Guage Wire
- Female Connectors
- Male Connetors
- Fuse Holder
- Wire Clamper ( To make wire splicing more easy )
- #20 Fuse

****Be sure to unplug battery terminals****

The Pictures will show what these parts are as i go along.

- OK here are the connectors... the blue ones are the flat head type and the transparent one towards your right is the female connectors.

- Next, get the 10guage wire and splice each end. then on 1 side stick the 10guage wire into the blue flat male connector. Be sure to leave the other side spliced.
Be sure to clamp the wires tightly on the end where the 10guage wire was placed into the connector.

- Then, Find the fuse holder. the wire should already been pre-splice. therefore, on 1 side insert the wire to the female connector, and on the other side insert the wire to the male connector. be sure to clamp each of them just like earlier.

-And now locate your fog light relay. It should be Under the driver side to your bottom left. as shown in this picture.
The fog light relay have been taken off in this picture.
Then, In this picture it shows where the wire have been pluged in. Be sure to plug it in to the far end next to the firewall as shown.

-Now, Locate your fuse box and find a power source. Then, Located the first wire that had a male connector on 1 side and a splice end on the other. Then, With the splice side plug it into one of the fuse located just towards your left side beneath the steering. I plugged mines into the fog fuse ( obviously ). Then Plug The other End to the fuse holder.

-And there you have it. Fog & Parking Lights On.

FAQ
- Q. Will this light turn off when I open the door?
- A. Yes

- Q. Can I turn off fog lights on and off with the parking lights or the headlights on?
- A. Yes & No,
....Yes, the fog light will stay on once the parking lights is on, and will stay on when your low beam and highbeam is on.
....No, The only way to turn off the fog lights is completely turning off all the lights.

- Q. Will I get shocked
- A. Yes & No, be sure to follow each step and unplug battery terminals.

- Q. Will this work on other gen ES300?
- A. Not sure, but there is someone who mod on the 3rd gen on this forum.

- Q. How Long have You done this to your ES300?
- A. Since 2003. Have not yet seen any problems.
Old 02-12-07, 07:54 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Ive read in other chapters on this forum that some ppl just switched the wire from their lowbeams and connected it to their fogs so the fogs are on when you turn your lights on. This way you can cruise with your parking and fogs on. THen, you will have controlability of your lowbeams when you toggle your fogs on and off. Pretty clever? This would be doing the same thing as above but eliminating the hastle, right?
Old 05-11-10, 09:37 AM
mikeli689
Driver

Sorry, I'm bringing this thread out from the dead. Anyway, I was trying to do this mod but could not get it to work. The relay that's removed in picture 7: isn't that the flasher relay? And also, are you really using a 10 gauge wire? 10 gauge seems awfully thick to be sticking it into the fuse box... In the picture, it looks more like 14-16 gauge wire. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So my final question is, does anyone know where the fog light relay is on a 96ES? Some pictures that point out where it is would be even more awesome.

Sorry for the double post, as I posted to this thread after I had already started the new thread.

Thanks for any help!