ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Tsib Error? Lingering Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-07, 08:08 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
I don't agree it is resolved and am coming back to reality on the subject.

They have not been made to resolve the ES330/300 transmission hesitation, or for Avalon, and have gotten away with it for YEARS in spite of numerous complaints, even numerous federal agency reports indicating accidents, some with injuries. Same may apply here with this, particularly if 2007ES350, other experienced as we did recently when trying to simply talk about the flare with the dealers.

It is no way to do business, and it is true there is more to life than to be saddled with any manufacturer's defects and/or excuse making over a defect taking up one's personal time and effort.
And yet there seem to be a lot of ES 300/330 owners returning to buy the ES 350. What's up with that?
Old 02-28-07, 08:10 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
And yet there seem to be a lot of ES 300/330 owners returning to buy the ES 350. What's up with that?
And there are a lot of excuse makers implying it is ok to sell or leave people in a vehicle with a defective transmission. What's up with that?
Old 02-28-07, 08:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys knock it off.

Everyone has a different tolerance on what they consider a problem, respect that difference or leave this forum.
Old 02-28-07, 08:16 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

And there are a lot of excuse makers implying it is ok to sell or leave people in a vehicle with a defective transmission. What's up with that?
My question was, from a consumers standpoint, why would so many people come back and buy a ES 350 if they had transmission problems with their 300/330?
Old 02-28-07, 08:42 AM
terryes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would one reply to the SDBRANDON post on another thread?

"Since Lexus has no fix, I would think every ES is susceptible to this issue.

The question is why are some not noticing the problem? Or has the issue just not surfaced on every car yet?"
Old 02-28-07, 09:44 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ESsearch
Bob - I am just humoring them for now. I talked to the Lexus Customer Support guy and told him I did not care what they did at this point. I have called him enough that we kinda know one another. I told him (politely of course) that Lexus should buy the car back and give it to the engineers wife. I bet then it would get resolved real fast! He laughed. Even if they somehow manage to fix it, I don't want the car any longer. He has told me they will start the buyback process for me. Ons is right, the best approach is get out now. My preference is to do that through a Lexus buyback and not loose money on the process. If you trade with the dealer, unless you have a good history with them, they will get in your pocket. If you get a replacement ES and have more problems, it will cost you to get out. I have also told Lexus I would move to a GS only if they or the dealer provide some assistance to minimize the cost difference. If not, I'll take my refund and shop elsewhere.

Pete

I'm in the same boat. I have contacted corporate. Now we're just waiting to hear back 'within 2 biz days".
Old 02-28-07, 09:46 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by terryes

The question is why are some not noticing the problem? Or has the issue just not surfaced on every car yet?"
Speaking from my own personal experience, after 9+ months of ownership, I haven't had this issue. After this length of time and a lot of driving, I doubt if I will. I haven't previously owned a Lexus product, but based on my experience to date, I would probably buy another one.
Old 03-02-07, 04:42 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I don't think he was looking for an actual answer, rather using a question to make a point. I believe the point he was trying to get across is that if there were some noticeable difference between those that seem to be working, reported or claimed as such by some, and those that are not working properly there would have been a permanent fix long ago.

Since there is no fix, it implies they are all prone to this or else some immediately distinguishable difference would be apparent allowing a fix to be designed and distributed.

The deception on this issue continues to this day, as reported within the last few days by several of our members, "only the earlier builds had transmission problems." Why would deceit on this level be visited on consumers about an issue that is not resolved?
Old 03-02-07, 11:13 AM
terryes
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=ES350Bob;2458526]

Since there is no fix, it implies they are all prone to this or else some immediately distinguishable difference would be apparent allowing a fix to be designed and distributed.

QUOTE]

The most pointed question posed by SD was. "Has the issue just not surfaced on every car yet?"

It doesn't appear anyone has argued that the ES350 is not susceptible to the this issue. So the simple question is "What triggers this flare to surface on some ES350s after 1100-1200 miles and a couple tanks of gas?"
Old 03-02-07, 11:35 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

So the simple question is "What triggers this flare to surface on some ES350s after 1100-1200 miles and a couple tanks of gas?"

this ES is a mystery.
In my case, what I thought was a simple rattle is still unsolved, too.
Old 03-02-07, 12:13 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=terryes;2459159]

QUOTE]

The most pointed question posed by SD was. "Has the issue just not surfaced on every car yet?"

It doesn't appear anyone has argued that the ES350 is not susceptible to the this issue. So the simple question is "What triggers this flare to surface on some ES350s after 1100-1200 miles and a couple tanks of gas?"

Don't know, or even know why some need only 1st tank of gas supplied by dealer and it happening within first 30 miles as my current and 2nd tank of gas as my former, both well under 1,000 mile. Worse, is Lexus does not know the answer either, hence the current set of circumstances for many. I'm sure not all Edsels were Lemons nor did all Pinto gas tanks flame up either.
Old 03-02-07, 12:22 PM
terryes
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=ES350Bob;2459263]

Don't know, or even know why some need only 1st tank of gas supplied by dealer and it happening within first 30 miles as my current and 2nd tank of gas as my former, both well under 1,000 mile. Worse, is Lexus does not know the answer either, hence the current set of circumstances for many. I'm sure not all Edsels were Lemons nor did all Pinto gas tanks flame up either.
WOW! Your second ES350 started to flare after only 30 miles --- and you still have it?
Old 03-02-07, 12:26 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=terryes;2459285]

WOW! Your second ES350 started to flare after only 30 miles --- and you still have it?

YES, stupid me tried real hard to ASSUME it was literally so new at 30 miles it really was learning, then even dumber I kept adopting what others were saying they were doing, decided to wait till there was a real fix not that valve body

And now, it has gotten so strange that it seems Lexus is going to claim this is all normal operation for an ES350

So I'm mad at myself I waited thinking a real fix was going to come, yet have also seen the very recent witchdoctor approach of topping off the ATF...LOL.
Old 03-02-07, 01:26 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

So I'm mad at myself I waited thinking a real fix was going to come, yet have also seen the very recent witchdoctor approach of topping off the ATF...LOL.

the atf didn't work?

what was your build date again? october?
Old 03-02-07, 01:31 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack
the atf didn't work?

what was your build date again? october?

I did not have any ATF added, I was mentioning I'd seen it suggested-planned for some though feel it is not going to do a darn thing for the problem unless there are some vehicles with other types of problems where they did not have the right amount of ATF to begin with, but not for this slipping.