ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

[KEYS] Using RX Key+Remote Combo on 3ES?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-15, 10:24 AM
JDMSteven
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default [KEYS] Using RX Key+Remote Combo on 3ES?

This is my first post, be nice .

I have a '99 ES, and I have two master keys but no fobs so I was thinking of getting a Lexus RX keyfob and blade combo and get it cut and program it myself. Does this work? Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails [KEYS] Using RX Key+Remote Combo on 3ES?-keyfob.jpg  
Old 06-08-15, 06:07 AM
VicSWFL
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Programming and cutting keys

Welcome JDMSteven,

I received the remote key and the valet key when I purchased my gently used 2003 ES300 four months ago. I purchased an additional master key (without the remote feature) and the wallet key/card, both cut by the seller and I programmed them easily. I bought both keys on Ebay, each for less than $35, and the seller (1010Keys in San francisco) cut the keys from a photo of my master key. The seller also gave me the key code number which I didn't have as well as instructions for programming. My local hardware store wanted $85 to cut a master key without the remote feature.

Good luck to you,

Vic
Fort Myers, Florida
Attached Thumbnails [KEYS] Using RX Key+Remote Combo on 3ES?-lexus-picture.jpg  
Old 06-08-15, 06:52 AM
JDMSteven
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply Vic, but I have the generation before yours, but I think I can still purchase a remote key.
Old 06-08-15, 08:01 PM
cmartin240
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VicSWFL
Welcome JDMSteven,

I received the remote key and the valet key when I purchased my gently used 2003 ES300 four months ago. I purchased an additional master key (without the remote feature) and the wallet key/card, both cut by the seller and I programmed them easily. I bought both keys on Ebay, each for less than $35, and the seller (1010Keys in San francisco) cut the keys from a photo of my master key. The seller also gave me the key code number which I didn't have as well as instructions for programming. My local hardware store wanted $85 to cut a master key without the remote feature.

Good luck to you,

Vic
Fort Myers, Florida

Hi Vic,

I have a 2005 ES330 (not treated so well but given a good chunk of my time and money making it look new again). I have 1 master key and 1 valet. I'm planning on buying an aftermarket key with remote on Ebay for $30. I found a local locksmith to cut it for $30. I cannot find anyone that can give a confident answer on programming a key for a 05 ES330 and you are the closest person so far. You were able to program the immobilizer chip in your new Ebay key to start the car correct? I have seen the instructions posted on how to program the remote and then how to program the immobilizer, but I am curious to hear precisely what you did to get it to work. I registered just to get some assistance from you so any help is appreciated. Thank you
Old 06-09-15, 10:07 AM
VicSWFL
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Key programming procedures

Gentlemen:

Here's a link to the various programming routines:

http://www.keymam.com/ru/news_view.asp?newsid=58

It appears that a 99ES follows the "Type A" procedure. you may feel like you're on candid camera when you do all the steps to program the key, but it worked fine for me.

Good luck,

Vic
Fort Myers, FL
2003 ES300 Millenium Silver
Old 06-16-15, 03:31 PM
cmartin240
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program Remote for 2005 ES330

I was searching for information on how to program the remote on a 2005 ES330. The link above to keymam is incorrect. You can program the remote. See below. I did not try to program the immobilizer chip as I simply swapped mine from the OEM remote into a new aftermarket remote as the original is not functioning at all.

1. Driver's door open, all other doors closed, key removed from ignition switch. Within 5 seconds: Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice.

2. Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver's door twice. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch.

3. Within 40 seconds: Close and open driver's door twice. Insert the key into the ignition switch and close the driver's door.

4. Switch ignition ON and OFF: A. Once to program a key remote transmitter code whilst retaining the original codes. B. Twice to program a key remote transmitter code whilst erasing the original codes. C. Three times to check how many key remote transmitters are currently registered. D. Five times to erase all registered codes.

5. Remove key from ignition switch. System should now lock and unlock vehicle once, twice or five times depending which mode has been selected. One to four times, slowly, to indicate number of key remote transmitters registered.

6. Within 40 seconds: Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 1.5 seconds. Within 3 seconds: Press any key remote transmitter button. System should now lock and unlock vehicle once to confirm registration or twice to indicate registration has failed.

7. Within 40 seconds: To program additional remotes repeat step 60 now on each additional remote you want programmed.

8. To exit programming mode open driver's door or insert key into ignition.

9. Step out of car with remote(s) in hand and test remote(s).