Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

window rattle

Old 03-23-14, 04:52 PM   #1
Canesguy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Default window rattle

Both my front windows on the CT rattle enough to drive wife and I both crazy. The car is 16 mos. old with 14K miles, and it doesn't seem to vary with weather conditions.

Anyone else experience this? Do you know if the dealer and warranty would address this at this stage of ownership? I don't think a premium car brand/ $38K should do this.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Currently......
2014 ES300h Premium: Matador Red/Parchment interior, Bamboo wood accents, Premium Audio, Nav., Intuitive Park Asst., Blind Spot Monitor, Wood steering wheel, Ceramic Window Tint
2013 CT200h Premium: Matador Red/Caramel Interior, Premium Audio, Nav., Body Side Moldings, Window Tint

Last edited by Canesguy; 03-23-14 at 06:54 PM..
Canesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 09:48 PM   #2
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

yes rattles are covered by the bumper to bumper warranty (4 year/50k mi). take it in and ask for a tech to ride in the car with you to hear the rattle before you leave in the loaner.

i haven't had any rattle issues on the CT but have on prior models. lexus took care of the repairs

2011 CT200h Premium Starfire Pearl/black - July 2011
2013 Mercedes Benz GL550 Steel Grey/black - May 2013

Past: 2006 GS430, 2004 RX330, 2004 SC430, 01 GS430, 01 RX300, 98 GS400
lexuslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 02:22 PM   #3
Canesguy
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexuslover View Post
yes rattles are covered by the bumper to bumper warranty (4 year/50k mi). take it in and ask for a tech to ride in the car with you to hear the rattle before you leave in the loaner.

i haven't had any rattle issues on the CT but have on prior models. lexus took care of the repairs
Thank you!!

Currently......
2014 ES300h Premium: Matador Red/Parchment interior, Bamboo wood accents, Premium Audio, Nav., Intuitive Park Asst., Blind Spot Monitor, Wood steering wheel, Ceramic Window Tint
2013 CT200h Premium: Matador Red/Caramel Interior, Premium Audio, Nav., Body Side Moldings, Window Tint
Old 03-25-14, 08:13 AM   #4
JayGoldste
Rookie

I had the car in yesterday to have the intake manifold replaced and also to have the rattling driver's door window looked at.

According to the service invoice, to deal with the rattle they removed the inner door panel, applied extra insulating material, and lubed rubber with silicone spray. That seems to have eliminated the rattle (at least for now).
JayGoldste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 03:36 PM   #5
Canesguy
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoldste View Post
I had the car in yesterday to have the intake manifold replaced and also to have the rattling driver's door window looked at.

According to the service invoice, to deal with the rattle they removed the inner door panel, applied extra insulating material, and lubed rubber with silicone spray. That seems to have eliminated the rattle (at least for now).
Thanks, I appreciate the info.!

Currently......
Old 03-27-14, 04:04 PM   #6
Canesguy
Pole Position

follow-up: Brought it in today for the fix, and after keeping it a couple of hours and taking the interior doors apart, wife picked it up. About 4 blocks from the dealership she noticed a persistent but different rattle in her window. She went right back to the dealership and a service technician rode with her. He said it might be that the silicone lubricant hasn't had adequate time to lubricate and to give it time, but he'd be happy to re-examine the issue if it is persistent. Hmm...time will tell, but I doubt the problem is fixed .

Currently......
Old 03-27-14, 04:04 PM

Tags
fix, lexus, rattler, window