We have our share of performance / sports cars and gas guzzler SUV's like most American families so with my wife's longer commute these days - we decided to try a HYBRID finally. Of course we looked long and hard at the Prius thinking it was a better deal but after seeing it go for over $32k equipped the way we wanted - decided to go back to Lexus.
Anyways this weekend we picked up our car and my wife is a very happy camper. (she is not a car person and rarely gets excited about cars) We tossed around White, Fire Agate and finally settled on Silver with the F-sport package which I have to admit the dark gun-metal wheels look pretty good in contrast to the body color.
After spending a good 6-8 hours with the car on a road trip and learning the features of the car here's a few impressions I have tonight:
1) We averaged 38.2 mpg over 600+ miles of driving through the mountains which is not bad, not great either.
2) This car is an amazing handling car and was hanging with the s2000 around corners! The seats really give great lateral support and the headrest is so comfortable!
3) Premium Audio with the Empower Assist is amazing - just press a button to talk to a live person and he sends directions directly to your NAV. The guy on the other end knew exactly what car we were driving and that we just bought it which was a bit un-nerving though.....
4) The car is very well built and has no rattles so far - definitely Lexus quality
5) WTF ~ only one cigarette lighter plug!!!
6) The car seriously lacks torque and power when going uphill. I found that the only way to maintain speed is to keep the momentum going. Once you break or slow down say for slower traffic - it takes FOREVER to speed up again. Granted I did not once engage sport mode but in ECO mode it really lacks power. Flat ground once you build up speed is no problems.
I'm sure I'll have more notes later on but this is just my initial impression. First set of mods will be tint and clear bra later this week
thanks for reading!
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Were you trying to turn heads with all that tape? You must have been pretty heavy on the gas if that's the mileage you got.
I noticed you said it handled really well on corners and you mention you didn't use Sport mode once. You should try the car in Sport mode on corners, it changes the suspension and tightens up a lot, give it a shot!
Nice, your MPG will improve after your 1st oil change. We use to average 38-39 now we are at 40-42, primarily freeway driving.
| Fire Agate CT200h | Obsidian GS350 | and then some...
| Flint Mica RX330 | Nav | Black Int | All Stock | SOLD
| Spectra GS300 | Apexi World Sport | '01 Tails | TRD Grill | HID | Nak | SOLD
OK - why painter's tape instead of a more conventional car bra?
LOL, guys, the blue tape was only a temporary solution so avoid any chips because we have to make an appt. with the clear bra guy!!!! You really thought that was how we were going to drive the car?
We always wrap our cars with 3M clear bra film to protect the paint. Anyways the car is now wrapped and it's invisible for the most part on silver cars. Even had the headlights and fog lights protected. Makes washing the car so much easier No negatives from my view.
Originally Posted by Tuan85
im excited to see your build with this car!
Yes I actually have a lot more plans but have to keep it conservative since this is my wife's car. I modded my IS-F a bit too much and thus she refused to drive it in fear of damaging the car so this one will have to take it easy.....
I did add a custom made home-made front lip and we'll be doing some small changes while I hunt for a lightweight set of Volks to help the mpg. I'm sure those stock wheels are super heavy!