CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

passenger room

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 02:27 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts
Default passenger room

Went to my local Lexus dealer today & they had a CT on the showroom floor. I 'fit' in the drivers seat, but the passenger seat was another story. I had no headroom and felt cramped. I did not expect much from the back seat, as there is no room back there with the front seats all the way back, as I was just looking for something that was comfortable for two and could haul/carry stuff(dogs, Home Depot) as I now have an RX. The passenger seat was manual with no controls to raise/lower the seat. I am not quite 6' but very disappointed in the size. Even the sales person made comment. Other than that, if you are of small stature, it seems like a nice vehicle. For me, however, it looks like I may be looking at a Prius V or another brand.
Old 03-03-11, 02:59 AM
Bob259
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
Went to my local Lexus dealer today & they had a CT on the showroom floor. I 'fit' in the drivers seat, but the passenger seat was another story. I had no headroom and felt cramped. I did not expect much from the back seat, as there is no room back there with the front seats all the way back, as I was just looking for something that was comfortable for two and could haul/carry stuff(dogs, Home Depot) as I now have an RX. The passenger seat was manual with no controls to raise/lower the seat. I am not quite 6' but very disappointed in the size. Even the sales person made comment. Other than that, if you are of small stature, it seems like a nice vehicle. For me, however, it looks like I may be looking at a Prius V or another brand.
I agree on the rear seat room. The wife has a Prius and the rear seat room in there is great for people. For me it wouldn't be that bad as I usually am not carrying passengers, but I too expected a little more room.
Old 03-03-11, 07:39 PM
LexFather

Well the car is significantly smaller than the Prius with a more upright shape vs the curved shape of the Prius. I agree rear seat room is marginal at best. I didn't have an issue in the passenger seat but I agree there is a lack of adjustments.

I am certain the MMC will add power passenger seat.
Old 03-05-11, 09:36 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Huh... I bought one yesterday and am 6'5". I wouldn't want to hang out in the back, but I had no problem with the passenger seat when I was all the way back and reclined as I like to ride. It's not going to be a good car for 4 adults except for short distances, but for 2, I didn't think it was bad at all.
Old 03-05-11, 11:09 AM
exbauer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2010 Prius right now and went to go look at one yesterday. I got the front seat comfortable and then sat and in the rear and I was shocked with how little room there was. I also didn't like how there wasn't a center armrest for the rear. Why cheap out on something like that? There is more room in my Prius. But, the CT is smaller. Also, the rear trunk space was pretty small also. I was expecting a lot more. But, the driving experience is where is it is at. Along with the fit and finish of the interior. I have to see one with leather in person though. I didn't care for the NuLux interior.

Last edited by exbauer; 03-05-11 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-05-11, 01:39 PM
QuentinB
Driver

Originally Posted by exbauer
I have a 2010 Prius right now and went to go look at one yesterday. I got the front seat comfortable and then sat and in the rear and I was shocked with how little room there was. I also didn't like how there wasn't a center armrest for the rear. Why cheap out on something like that? There is more room in my Prius. But, the CT is smaller. Also, the rear trunk space was pretty small also. I was expecting a lot more. But, the driving experience is where is it is at. Along with the fit and finish of the interior. I have to see one with leather in person though. I didn't care for the NuLux interior.
I didn't see the Nulux, but the leather is really, really nice. I was really impressed with it.