CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Ct with out led headligh option

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-16, 08:27 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ct with out led headligh option

I was in Canada in December and I went to the local dealership to look at the options in the different models and noticed a big difference between the options the CT had and option of LED headlights why not here in the US I went to my local dealership Jim falks Lexus and they told me I could not get that option anyone knows why.I call the parts dept and they told me it will be around 1200- to 1500 dollars per light crazy I look and EBAY but most lenses are scratch or broken any suggestions.Cus the headlights color sucks.....
Old 11-12-16, 12:47 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Check out my posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...enough-11.html

Post #140 and #148 .

Depending on which year your CT200h, it may take different LED bulbs in "newer" years CT200h versus "earlier" years.

I have used the LED bulbs in my 2013 CT200h for about 3 years now without any problems.

Originally Posted by 8901alex
I was in Canada in December and I went to the local dealership to look at the options in the different models and noticed a big difference between the options the CT had and option of LED headlights why not here in the US I went to my local dealership Jim falks Lexus and they told me I could not get that option anyone knows why.I call the parts dept and they told me it will be around 1200- to 1500 dollars per light crazy I look and EBAY but most lenses are scratch or broken any suggestions.Cus the headlights color sucks.....
Old 11-12-16, 08:35 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 125 Posts

Simply put, the dealer is wrong. The LED option has always been available to my knowledge. Dealers simply don't order cars with that option. You can always order one yourself through them though. That's what I did.
Old 11-13-16, 12:28 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Sure you can always order the LED headlight as an option from the dealer, but at what cost?

I happened to do a search on eBay and found the following for $61 for a pair (in 3000K color LED fog lights with the entire light housing assembly) that will fit CT200h all years according to the vendors website. Please note that I have no relation to the vendor and just wanted people to know that this option is available.
http://r.ebay.com/C2KpRi

Originally Posted by Raidin
Simply put, the dealer is wrong. The LED option has always been available to my knowledge. Dealers simply don't order cars with that option. You can always order one yourself through them though. That's what I did.
Old 11-15-16, 12:00 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,209 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Sure you can always order the LED headlight as an option from the dealer, but at what cost?

I happened to do a search on eBay and found the following for $61 for a pair (in 3000K color LED fog lights with the entire light housing assembly) that will fit CT200h all years according to the vendors website. Please note that I have no relation to the vendor and just wanted people to know that this option is available.

Thats super ghetto, dangerous, tacky, illegal, ugly, etc etc. Poor poor poor. Very very poor. If you are a lighting enthusiast, there's more premium way to go about this. Do what I did when I had my CT200h, go with Premium LED fogs from the retrofit source. Very high quality beam. direct plug and play.

Or you can go Full Pro Custom like I did in my brand new IS200t. I installed Genuine Factory Corolla (2014+) LED Projectors in my fog light holes.

Or you can go ultra premium high end and replace your halogen projectors with very custom fabricated high end job LED projectors from the BI-LED Prius V. Very custom expensive high end job though. Very time consuming.

Or you can also do like I did with my CT200h and install RX-350 BI XENON + Premium LED fogs. I went FULL quality on my CT200h light build. Full Lexus/German equipment.

Whatever you do, do not get any cheap generic low quality stuff!
The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (08-17-22)
Old 11-15-16, 12:19 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Thats super ghetto, dangerous, tacky, illegal, ugly, etc etc. Poor poor poor. Very very poor. If you are a lighting enthusiast, there's more premium way to go about this. Do what I did when I had my CT200h, go with Premium LED fogs from the retrofit source. Very high quality beam. direct plug and play.

Or you can go Full Pro Custom like I did in my brand new IS200t. I installed Genuine Factory Corolla (2014+) LED Projectors in my fog light holes.

Or you can go ultra premium high end and replace your halogen projectors with very custom fabricated high end job LED projectors from the BI-LED Prius V. Very custom expensive high end job though. Very time consuming.

Or you can also do like I did with my CT200h and install RX-350 BI XENON + Premium LED fogs. I went FULL quality on my CT200h light build. Full Lexus/German equipment.

thanks for the info I'm looking at changing the intire headlight assembly to led.....It will be more costly but it will look better I think.....
Old 11-15-16, 07:03 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Sure, you can put on whatever lights you want.

I did not say go do it. I simply post it as an option.

If you have the dough and want to spend it, then by all means go ahead.

Seems to me people like you look down on other people who use less costly options due to various reasons. Not everyone wants nor needs to be spending mega bucks lIke you did. Reminds me of some folks I know who spends twice as much or more on car mods as the car is worth. Then they ran out of money and wanted to sell the modded car, but can never recover what he had spent on the mods.

OR one day some flying objects hit your "MUCH R&D AND BELOVED ULTRA EXPENSIVE LIGHTING SETUP" and damaged it. Usual Insurance will really only pay what was OEM (let's not forget the deductible ). Unless you have extra riders in place. So now you are FORCED to locate and buy another ULTRA EXPENSIVE light setup to match the other side you had. Even if you did that, the new unit may still not MATCH due to "AGING" of the other side versus new bulbs. You get the picture. ...... the cycle continues.

All I'm saying is all this is optional.

I went with aftermarket "3C's" LED bulbs (I had posted pics already). "3C's"= Cheap Chinese Crap. Not all 3C's are bad stuff. Some are actually pretty good. Some maybe even rolled off the same factory as the "more expensive " counter parts.

Originally Posted by E46CT