Location of "Open Hood" switch

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-15, 12:18 AM
Hani
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of "Open Hood" switch

Hello,

I am new here and seeking a help. Does anyone know where is the switch of "hood open" gauge? It is stuck on my dashboard as open which is not allowing me to keep my display choice on the dashboard and stopping me from using the remote engine start feature.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-10-15, 08:46 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

Lower left hand side of the dashboard.......right around your left knee when sitting in the car. It's a small black lever that you pull up.
Old 12-10-15, 12:24 PM
Hani
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Lower left hand side of the dashboard.......right around your left knee when sitting in the car. It's a small black lever that you pull up.
Thank you roadfrog, but my problem is not opening the hood itself. What I need to locate I'd the sensor that tells me if the hood is open, which results in a note on the dashboard saying "hood open"
Old 12-10-15, 03:30 PM
Infected
Rookie

I just took my front cover off that surrounds the hood latch to see if I could locate the switch for you.
Unfortunately, from what I can see by following a wire that goes into the latch itself, it looks like the switch is inside the latch itself.
Which will make it hard to manipulate, and even to replace.
Old 12-10-15, 06:02 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Hani
Thank you roadfrog, but my problem is not opening the hood itself. What I need to locate I'd the sensor that tells me if the hood is open, which results in a note on the dashboard saying "hood open"
LOL. Never mind then!
Old 12-11-15, 05:32 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Infected
I just took my front cover off that surrounds the hood latch to see if I could locate the switch for you.
Unfortunately, from what I can see by following a wire that goes into the latch itself, it looks like the switch is inside the latch itself.
Which will make it hard to manipulate, and even to replace.
that was very kind of you to do for him.
Old 12-11-15, 05:47 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by davyjordi
that was very kind of you to do for him.
Was easy enough to do, and had hoped it would be a easy fix for him, once I could see where the switch is.
Unfortunately, that's not the case.
I was hoping it would just be a tab sticking up that gets pushed down when the hood is closed, but no such luck.
Old 10-04-19, 06:00 PM
Lakeside31
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hani
Hello,

I am new here and seeking a help. Does anyone know where is the switch of "hood open" gauge? It is stuck on my dashboard as open which is not allowing me to keep my display choice on the dashboard and stopping me from using the remote engine start feature.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Had this issue today I know it's a late reply but for future google issues for others it's a very simple fix take off the grill just a few clips and then undo there is (3) 10mm bolts with a Philips head on it there threaded into a plastic guard. Next you will undo (2) 10mm bolts that are directly behind the grill. And last there is a round plastic covered nut take the plastic out from within the round washer looking thing and you will see a 10mm nut. Undo that as well that will release the hood latch out of the frame, pull it down then unplug the wire on the bottom. Once unplugged you will notice your hood open will go away. (Or it did for me) I then just taped up the plug and out everything back together and left it unpluged. Do as you wish or buy a new hood latch.
Old 10-07-19, 07:31 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Yeah I never needed to be told my hood is open. if the part is expensive, it would be silly to replace.