CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Servco Service Dept

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 01:32 PM
koreanjry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servco Service Dept

So i was just curious. who still goes to servco for service and who do you guys see. Cuz upon my recent purchase of the 3GS, my dashboard has lit up like a christmas tree. MArk Owen though has been a great help so far, i get to take her in on Thursday now... anyonw else have good experiences dealing with the 2IS and 3GS recalls?
Old 04-23-13, 06:46 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I never took my Lexus to Servco for anything so I cant say. If its warranty/recall stuff you should bring it in to them. For repairs and general service I would go see Chad at LXS Hawaii.
Old 04-23-13, 08:27 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

I only go for warranty/recall stuff. They rip you off over there at the dealer. I was happy to finally get a recall for the carbon build up so I scheduled an appointment. Went there first thing at 07:30 in the morning to drop off the car. All they did was reject my car stating that since I did not have CEL they weren't going to do anything about it. They said they'll only do something about it when the CEL comes on but they are extending the warranty 2 years. WTF...what if it happens after the 2 years...then what??? So I was pissed that they wasted my time when they could have told me this over the phone. On the recall paper it said that if I was experiencing the carbon buildup issue to take it in for diagnosing. WTF that was a diagnosis?

All work I can't do I'm going to go to LXS Hawaii. Heard good things about them.
Old 04-24-13, 10:04 AM
koreanjry
Driver School Candidate

@whitecel sorry to hear that dude... yeah LXS is hella cheaper and they do good work, they did some work for me on my IS250 that Servco didnt wanna do...
but heres the thing, so apparently Servco got back to me saying that the recalls were addressed on my vehicle already. if so then why am i experiencing the same bogging/almost stalling issue that i had on my IS250? and they said the electric rack n pinion has been changed already, last time i checked, power steering shouldnt be intermittent. anyone else's 3GS has/had this issue?
Old 05-01-13, 08:48 PM
Deros
Driver

Default I stopped going. Also LXS?

I was pretty loyal but they messed up to many times with me.

1. Told me that my the tires on my GX needed to be replaced because of balding. The tire were 3 days old. Find out, they were looking at the wrong car. BTW charged me $100+ just to reset the TPMS. Yup, only Lexus can reset them.

2. Had my IS in and they told me that my front wheels were balding (Inside wheel). No problem, didn't want to buy their brand in stock. However, they ran over a screw and said that they could not fix the flat because of the balding. Also gave me the BS that they could not release my car because of the liability. Fix that problem by bringing them two tires to replace. Brought my car to Firestone to alignment and balance. Still cost me $100+ for mounting two tires.

Anyway, I am glad you ask the question. I need to replace the front shocks on my SUV. So, where is this LXS place?

Deros
Old 05-02-13, 02:30 AM
koreanjry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Deros
I was pretty loyal but they messed up to many times with me.

1. Told me that my the tires on my GX needed to be replaced because of balding. The tire were 3 days old. Find out, they were looking at the wrong car. BTW charged me $100+ just to reset the TPMS. Yup, only Lexus can reset them.

2. Had my IS in and they told me that my front wheels were balding (Inside wheel). No problem, didn't want to buy their brand in stock. However, they ran over a screw and said that they could not fix the flat because of the balding. Also gave me the BS that they could not release my car because of the liability. Fix that problem by bringing them two tires to replace. Brought my car to Firestone to alignment and balance. Still cost me $100+ for mounting two tires.

Anyway, I am glad you ask the question. I need to replace the front shocks on my SUV. So, where is this LXS place?

Deros
sorry to hear that.. well LXS is on beretania right after teddy's bigger burgers on the left hand side.. big white warehouse looking building... cant miss it..

as far as the tires... as a technician and a service advisor, technically my federal law we do have to remove cars from the road with tires that are out of spec... although i havent heard of anyone actually going thru with it.. i remember taking a seminar about it... and that mount and balancing price seems wayyy high cuz at my dealership we charge 25 per tire...