Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Retrofitting HID's

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 07:10 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofitting HID's

Hey everyone! I wanna Retrofit HID's in my headlights and fogs. Does anyone on here can do this? How much for all four or at least the headlights? Thanks!
Old 10-01-12, 07:47 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like installing an HID kit or putting in projectors?
Old 10-01-12, 08:12 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

http://www.hid-online.com/categories...ights/Philips/
This is what I wanna order! I'm not an hid conniseur, but what does everybody order for Headlights n Fogs?
Old 10-01-12, 08:27 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Or purchasing audi bi-xenons or tsx ones and retrofitting them in my headlights.
Old 10-01-12, 08:28 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-upgrades.html
Old 10-02-12, 05:00 AM
daily400
Pole Position

if you do buy hid kit when you do the retro fit send xenondepot a message guys name is steve he will take care of you.. i got a set off him and i love them.. and everything that i have read awhile ago your best best is the tsx ones
Old 10-02-12, 09:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve @ XenonDepot is a vendor and will take great care of you and his products are worth every penny. Agree with Dom that TSX projectors are the way to go if your going to do a retrofit. Not sure about quality but you may be able to find aftermarket lights with projectors. I did this for my beater and the fitment is not spot on like the OEM but I can actually see the road at night again. XenonDepot may have these or know who you can order from if they are not able to help out.
Old 10-02-12, 03:04 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlphaMotor
Hey everyone! I wanna Retrofit HID's in my headlights and fogs. Does anyone on here can do this? How much for all four or at least the headlights? Thanks!
Give Ming at Fizz a call. He sells and also installs them too. I forgot what brand he goes with, but I believe they come with some form of life time warranty.
Old 10-02-12, 04:45 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone, I'll try all the the options u guys gave and we'll see what happens. I'll keep u guys posted.
Old 10-02-12, 08:57 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

I guess my reply is kind of late now but "The Retrofit Source" is the best place to go for for HID projectors or kits. I've tried many brands of HIDs in the past. I've started with Xentec kits off eBay, then DDM Tuning, generic brands, Xenon Depot's Volt kit, eBay VVME kits for $50 (best kit out there for $50), and now Morimoto 3Five.

The Morimoto HID kits run about $120 and are the best HID kit I've had. The guys from the Retrofit Source are really helpful and know their stuff when it comes to retrofits. I'm planning to buy Morimoto Mini H1 projectors for my fogs and Acura TL or Lexus LS460 projectors for my low beams soon.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Philips make conversion kits for HIDs, only stock HID components. So they might be fakes.
Old 10-03-12, 05:36 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

retrofit ONLY use TSX projectors. If you buy something pre-made for the car then you get what it comes with. The fact that your upgrading to projectors and HID's is going to be a huge difference so I personally wouldn't spend to much on what you get. Conversions are fairly easy just more time consuming then anything else.

XenonDepot I have had both kits and never had ANY issues. I did, along with a few members, have an issue with a bulb years ago but I think it was a bad batch of bulbs that they got (out of his control) but I got a new set shipped to me for FREE and he followed up to make sure I was happy Your backed up with him being a vendor and not chasing some schmuck for BS products off eBay.

Ill agree with chi123 that if you what you pay for. You just have to do your homework before you buy. Doesn't mean you can't get a good deal on a great product.

Ming @ Fizz would also be an option. They wont use cheap BS stuff and you can expect the work to be nothing but perfect. If your not up for the DIY or ordering pre-made light housings then this would get my vote along with PurduePete
Old 10-03-12, 05:45 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

^^Thanks Chi! I just checked their website and I was really impressed. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what's up. Did you install them yourself? I don't plan on doing the install if I do purchase from them.
Old 10-03-12, 09:46 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

I haven't ordered from them yet. My current headlights have slight condensation at times and one of my fender liners is missing so one fog gets condensation too. I'm waiting to buy new headlights first along with the fogs and then do the projectors.

I ordered projectors called "Blazers" from them a few months ago. Supposedly, they're the best fog upgrade projector and it's good but I want better output. I did the retrofit myself and it came out decent. Took like 4 hours of labor and like 30 hours of waiting. It's not that tough to do but I'm only comfortable doing it on my own car lol.

The guys from both XenonDepot and TRS are helpful but The Retrofit Source deals only with HIDs and retrofits so they can really help you out. They also have an interesting forum called HID Planet.
Old 10-04-12, 05:50 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Ive done several retrofits on friends cars and in my gs I have ls430s, but like someone said im only comftorable doing them on my own cars. Too much responsibility if something goes bad or if there are problems later.
Old 10-09-12, 01:41 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

I have personally done business with Rich at HID Illusionz. He did a quad Q45 projector in my 2GS. He is a great guy to deal with, the quality of work is top notch, and the price was very reasonable.
Highly recommend.

http://www.hidillusionz.com/