Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Help! Need a repair shop!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-09, 03:03 PM
lexstocker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! Need a repair shop!

Last weekend I was in an accident with two trucks. Was on 90/94 at the entrance to hubbard's cave. Stupid driver on my left started to spin out and was crossing over into my lane right next to me. I could hear him before I saw him sliding into me. Luckily I was able to break and avoided him slamming into me from the left side, unluckily the trucker behind me wasn't as aware and slammed me from behind pushing me into the right lane where a semi took out my right side mirror and left me with a nice dent, shattered passenger window and windshield.

Thankfully I survived to live another day but my baby's not so lucky. Massive trunk damage as well as passenger side damage. My insurance is asking me to find a repair place and get them a quote but I have no idea where to go. Can anyone recommend a good place that will do it right?

So sad...
Old 01-24-09, 03:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

where about are you located? I know a great shop in Batavia. If you are closer towards the City or close to Palos Heights we have a member here who works at the shop. You can see my post that asked about painting parts.. If these dont work give us an idea of area you are looking for and I am sure we can help you out!
Old 01-24-09, 04:11 PM
lexstocker
Driver School Candidate

woops, sorry about that, I'm in the near south loop area. I was thinking of McGrath's but I figured with the collective knowledge of this great bunch I could find someone who does better work in the city. Not that I've ever been there before but I've always been a little suspect of dealers.

Unfortunately suburb's would not be so good, but it's much better than McGrath's I'm sure I can figure a way.
Old 01-24-09, 04:41 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

McGrath is just going to outsource it to a body shop. I know the family. Give it some time and we have some members that are in the City that can post some closer options for you. Everything I know is very far west from where I used to live. I know the body shop in Batavia is where most of the Lexus dealers send the cars to. They are a certified body shop for Lexus and do great work. I dont know who the Lexus dealer in Chicago uses but I can ask for you.
Old 01-24-09, 07:09 PM
lexstocker
Driver School Candidate

Thank you.
Old 01-25-09, 08:30 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recommend Autocraft Collision Center in Des Plaines. Last year my car got hit while being parked and the front bumper needed to be replaced. Johnny at Autocraft did a great job and even pained my hood for free because it had a lot of paint chips. They blended in the fenders but the color match is so good that that probably wasn't even needed. I am very happy with the job they did.
Old 01-25-09, 10:16 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I am not too sure about the name of the place, but when my friends IS300 got rear -ended Lexus of Naperville's 'outsource' body shop did a really good job, especially with paint matching the silver.
Old 01-25-09, 12:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by habeeb89
I am not too sure about the name of the place, but when my friends IS300 got rear -ended Lexus of Naperville's 'outsource' body shop did a really good job, especially with paint matching the silver.
I am 99.9% sure they use the shop in Batavia I was talking about. Last time I was there ~ 10 years ago or so when I totaled out the NSX they had several new cars from many local Lexus dealers. I was sent to them from McGrath as being the best in the area. The owner Ken is a great at what he does. I have sent them lots of business and not had one person complain. They are just a far drive for you but thats your call.

If you want to call:
Boyce Body Works
Batavia IL
ask for Ken Boyce and let him know you where sent from McGrath Lexus so they take care of you. You can also tell him Mike with the Red NSX sent you over also.
Old 01-25-09, 02:38 PM
lexstocker
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Mike, I will call Monday after I talk to the insurance guys to see what they say to set things up. I knew I could count on this forum
Old 01-29-09, 05:11 PM
lexstocker
Driver School Candidate

Well, I have some bad news, looks like they're going to total the car...really sux, cuz she was a great car, great shape for an 01 with very few issues if any

So now my hunt for a new 01 gs3 begins
Old 01-29-09, 06:50 PM
MuGen7
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexstocker
Well, I have some bad news, looks like they're going to total the car...really sux, cuz she was a great car, great shape for an 01 with very few issues if any

So now my hunt for a new 01 gs3 begins

Sorry to hear that! Totally sux