Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My friend bought an M4

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-16, 08:09 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default My friend bought an M4

My friend back in the Bay Area ordered his new M4 and it's on the ship now. Should be delivered around end of September.

I am going to visit my old grounds there and hangout with him for 4 days. The car should be past the 1200 miles break in (or so he says) so we will be touring the Bay Area and some back roads too.

Taking my S300 dash cam to record some of the action. If anyone has special requests, please let me know.
Old 09-02-16, 08:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations to your friend. Best of luck when he (or she?) takes delivery.

Because it is an M product, it might not have as many steering and chassis compromises as BMW has done with their newest bread-and-butter models.
Old 09-02-16, 08:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Calaveras Rd, Skyline Blvd, Redwood Rd, and Palomares Rd are all some great backroads in the BA specifically East Bay.
Old 09-03-16, 08:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,388 Posts

oh yeah...

looking forward to any and all impressions, pics, videos, thanks...

just please be careful. don't want to see one of 'those' stories...
Old 09-03-16, 08:38 AM
LH1
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 91 Posts

Cool! Looking forward to the video.

I really like the way the M3/4 looks, just wish they stuck with the V8. They should've upped the displacement to 4.4 or 4.5 for this gen.
Old 09-03-16, 08:56 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your friend was pretty picky about colors/options since they didn't buy from a dealer. i'm the same way, what color combination did your friend get?

I love the M4, would totally rock Yas Marina Blue outside with Brown Individual leather inside.
Old 09-05-16, 12:33 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPride
Sounds like your friend was pretty picky about colors/options since they didn't buy from a dealer. i'm the same way, what color combination did your friend get?

I love the M4, would totally rock Yas Marina Blue outside with Brown Individual leather inside.
Yes he is. I met him in 2002 and we became good friends. He wanted an M3 for a long time and finally in 2011 he got a brand new E90, white with black interior and a 6 speed manual.

He sold the car after a nasty divorce. (Kept his house on the good note)

Fast forward 3 years, and he's ready to get another 'M'. We talked about colors, he was thinking blue, maybe mix it up a little bit but at the end decided to get another white M, with a 6 speed manual. He also ordered the carbon fiber package, 20 inch wheels, carbon ceramic brakes and the performance exhaust package. Per the factory, the car is rated at 444 bhp.

Should be fun, we will be careful. He's a pretty good driver and knows when to call it quits.
Old 09-06-16, 01:51 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhhhhhh...the memories. Sunday was the 1 year anniversary of us picking up my wife's M4 from Performance Center in Spartansburg. Its been a really fun year with the car. The only 'problems' that we've had were a fuel injection sensor that was knocked off when her father hit a pothole and a bolt that started backing out on the driver's side door hinge.

other than those little annoyances....she's run hard and strong. i told my wife, when she got it, that she wasnt ready for the attention that it would garner. and i was right. every day she comes home telling me about all the men that give her thumbs up on the highway or as her about the car at gas stations. it really does get folks talking.

unfortunately...we will only have it for 2 more years. no way in hell are we keeping an M car when its out of warning. but in sure these next 24 months will be fun...
Old 09-06-16, 07:29 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

I need another M car with manual trans...
Old 09-06-16, 08:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
ahhhhhhh...the memories. Sunday was the 1 year anniversary of us picking up my wife's M4 from Performance Center in Spartansburg. Its been a really fun year with the car. The only 'problems' that we've had were a fuel injection sensor that was knocked off when her father hit a pothole and a bolt that started backing out on the driver's side door hinge.

other than those little annoyances....she's run hard and strong. i told my wife, when she got it, that she wasnt ready for the attention that it would garner. and i was right. every day she comes home telling me about all the men that give her thumbs up on the highway or as her about the car at gas stations. it really does get folks talking.

unfortunately...we will only have it for 2 more years. no way in hell are we keeping an M car when its out of warning. but in sure these next 24 months will be fun...
and i am considering moving into m4 next year. but then my wife says m5
Old 09-06-16, 08:51 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DrRick

Yep that's what happens with these cars. I test drove an ///M4 recently and people started taking videos on the freeway and some other BMW people even started trying to race. I always notice it's the BMW people racing and enjoying themselves, everybody else treats driving like a chore. Needless to say, I'm a BMW guy through and through.
Old 09-08-16, 05:07 PM
n2knee
Driver School Candidate

Yas Marina Blue with the cf roof + Sakhir Orange interior = sexy.
Old 09-08-16, 09:19 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

M cars are still special and people take notice. I have people chasing down the road to catch me for pictures, owner with R8 stopped by to chat, and Porsche 911 to race. But no girls ... Lmao
Old 09-08-16, 10:56 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by n2knee
Yas Marina Blue with the cf roof + Sakhir Orange interior = sexy.
I'm so conflicted. I always wanted a sporty car in blue, but I've always wanted a red interior as well. They just don't go well together.

Regarding the M4, the CF roof certainly looks cool but I'd rather opt for the sunroof! I prefer the extra light and open air over the aesthetic benefits and marginal performance benefit of having the CF roof.
Old 09-08-16, 10:58 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blacksc400
M cars are still special and people take notice. I have people chasing down the road to catch me for pictures, owner with R8 stopped by to chat, and Porsche 911 to race. But no girls ... Lmao
What color combo is your X6M? I love the look of the the F16, especially in Long Beach Blue! The thing is a straight up monster that had a leather bomb go off inside.

Quick Reply: My friend bought an M4