Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > General Forums > Car Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Old 04-27-11, 12:52 AM   #511
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Something like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Hopefully the text is legible.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Fear of the Unknown...They are afraid of New Ideas...They're loaded with Prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately; because it is Frightening to Me. What they do instead, is just Stay with the Familiar. You know, to me, The Most Beautiful things in all the Universe, are The Most Mysterious.
SaintNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 01:08 AM   #512
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Both of those photoshops don't do a darn thing to make the front end look any less ridiculous/horrific.

2011 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
2010 X5 35d Space Grey

2008 ISF SGM (Gone but never forgotten!)
2005 RX330 Flint Mica (Gone but not forgotten!)
CDNROCKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 01:40 AM   #513
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

^lmao.

Mine's not even an actual photoshop, more like blueprints for someone who is good at photoshop to do it. :P
Fear of the Unknown...They are afraid of New Ideas...They're loaded with Prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately; because it is Frightening to Me. What they do instead, is just Stay with the Familiar. You know, to me, The Most Beautiful things in all the Universe, are The Most Mysterious.
SaintNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 01:52 AM   #514
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES View Post
Both of those photoshops don't do a darn thing to make the front end look any less ridiculous/horrific.
I agree, IMO it doesn't . I agree with SICK, that getting rid of the upper grille on a sedan is ridiculous and it looks silly. That's why Lexus will stick with the traditional upper grille, even if it no longer functions as an air intake.

As for the overall gaping LF-Gh grille, as has been discussed and photoshopped numerous times, I'm sure Lexus will somehow tone it down for production.
-----------
The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in everyone.
TRDFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 08:36 AM   #515
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I'm hoping this takes a similar trajectory as the FT86 series concepts which get shocking better looking as the design moves toward production. This GS still fills me with high-grade meh. Put it back in the oven and bake her a little more.
Old 04-27-11, 09:05 PM   #516
KevinGS
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDFantasy View Post
As for the overall gaping LF-Gh grille, as has been discussed and photoshopped numerous times, I'm sure Lexus will somehow tone it down for production.
And yep
KevinGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 06:27 PM   #517
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Quote:
As I stated before I am not a fan of the front end. I really hope its toned down considerably. I don't require some bold front end. These chops are great

Its growing on me but I am not in love with it as I've stated before. That Porsche Panamera is uglier but calling me.
Old 04-29-11, 07:02 PM   #518
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic

well considering that it will be revealed late this year, i am pretty sure design is already set in the stone :-)
Old 05-02-11, 06:59 PM   #519
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
well considering that it will be revealed late this year, i am pretty sure design is already set in the stone :-)
i again question how close the production one will look compared to this concept. especially the front end, i hope they are going to make changes to it. audi look far better that's how i will put it
Old 05-03-11, 12:03 PM   #520
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor

I can confirm one thing about this actual LF-Gh, it has a full engine and powertrain setup in there. I took a peek underneath the car when it was at the Preview Event in New York before the Auto Show's opening. I couldn't tell what motor it had but there is a working engine in there.

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-11, 12:34 PM   #521
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside909 View Post
I can confirm one thing about this actual LF-Gh, it has a full engine and powertrain setup in there. I took a peek underneath the car when it was at the Preview Event in New York before the Auto Show's opening. I couldn't tell what motor it had but there is a working engine in there.
Unless the video of the LF-Gh running through streets and mountains of LA is fake, I think we knew the car runs already.

Did you get to see how many cylinders it has under the hood though? That would be much more useful info.
ydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 12:37 AM   #522
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Info from a CL member who went to a focus group

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRidn View Post
Just went to a focus group and to my surprise it was about the 4gs. They had it there along with a Audi A6, BMW 530i, Infiniti M35 and a Mercedes E350. All the cars were 2011 models and the GS was labeled as a 2013. They took everyone's phones away before they showed the cars so no pics.

The size seemed the same, it looked like it had leds as drls. Interior was real nice, had a little analog clock in the dash, the navigation was on the center and looked pushed into the dash. It had a split screen view so you can view navi and music at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRidn View Post
It looks alot sportier, the front end did kind of look like this without the fenders.

It also had the remote touch inside. The color combo they brought was hideous, silver exterior with tan interior. It was the 350 model and the sticker price with all the options it has came out to 51000. It has blind spot detection and pre collision as a option.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-05-11, 01:03 AM   #523
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydooby View Post
Unless the video of the LF-Gh running through streets and mountains of LA is fake, I think we knew the car runs already.

Did you get to see how many cylinders it has under the hood though? That would be much more useful info.
It was actually driving in the streets of Pomona and Diamond Bar.

Most people think the concept car is running with a small motor or battery pack. This isn't the case. I'll be posting up a lot of my detailed pics in the coming days from the LF-Gh Debut in NY.

And no I wasn't able to see under the hood. But I did peek around closely and found a few interesting details.

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 01:04 AM   #524
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Info from a CL member who went to a focus group

It also had the remote touch inside. The color combo they brought was hideous, silver exterior with tan interior. It was the 350 model and the sticker price with all the options it has came out to 51000. It has blind spot detection and pre collision as a option.
Interesting info, wish there was more, but we shall know soon enough in the months ahead. Seems to confirm that the concept grille will be toned down.
-----------
The anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in everyone.
TRDFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 03:55 AM   #525
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (8)

Giantsfan7490 Giantsfan7490

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside909 View Post
It was actually driving in the streets of Pomona and Diamond Bar.

Most people think the concept car is running with a small motor or battery pack. This isn't the case. I'll be posting up a lot of my detailed pics in the coming days from the LF-Gh Debut in NY.

And no I wasn't able to see under the hood. But I did peek around closely and found a few interesting details.
Please elaborate

IS250 - Painted Engine Covers - F-Sport Intake - Megan Mids - Lexus HKS exhaust - BC Coils - F-Sport Sways - Forgestar F14 - IS350 BBK/Stoptech Drilled Rotors - F-Sport Grille - GFX Lip - CF Splitters - CF Rear Canards - 5000k Lows & 3000k Fogs - Fog Light Mod - Black Emblems - NorCal/CL Plate Frame - Roof Spoiler - CF Decklid Spoiler - IS-F Tails W/ LED Blinkers - IS-F CF Interior - IS-F Steering Damper - F-Sport Shift **** - Sport Pedals - OEM iPod Kit - LEDs Everywhere
GiantsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 03:55 AM