Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi: immature? (New ad going after BMW inside)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-10, 11:29 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DustinV
Who cares what the haters think?

And the fact that the HS has more technology than a 1 series or A class means what? It's a question of the expectations of regional buyer demographics. The North American and European consumers are different. Buyers of small premium cars in Europe place more emphasis on utility, fuel economy, space and practicality and cars like the 1 series do well here, but are outclassed by the A3 and A/B class in that regard. The amount of technology is not a concern for buyers of such cars. I don't think I would be wrong when I claim that your average European small premium car shopper thinks like this: A simple radio, as long as it plays music or lets them hear the news, will suffice. Satellite radio? Who needs that? I don't.

I also don't think the HS is comparable to the small offerings of the Europeans. They're in completely different classes and the Europeans have no real competitor to the HS.
Sorry you also missed the point.

Look guys, please read posts. Stop just replying to argue. Nothing gets accomplished that way.