Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

PATHETIC experience with jeep service!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 10:23 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts
Default PATHETIC experience with jeep service!

Well a quick rant from me, actually a friend's 05 jeep grand cherokee 2wd limited, still under factory warranty.
I am not making up any story or adding little salt and pepper to spice this story up, but is watered down.

Last Thursday around 9pm after leaving from work, her car wouldn't start.
Upon trying to unlock the door with her remote, it wouldn't. She then insert the key and manually opened the door. The alarm was going off and wouldn't stop after 2-3 minutes. She tried all sorts of ways to turn it off but no luck.

Can you imagine if this was your sister/mother/wife/girlfriend getting stranded at night??? Luckily the place she works has 24 hour security.

She called her brother to get the spare remote thinking her original remote was out of battery. Nope, didn't work either.
She had to call AAA and it was finally towed to a socal jeep dealer (was on the phone with jeep/chrysler 800 # that located a nearby dealer for her).

To make everything short and simple, Service advisor, general manager, and corporate made no attempt to follow up with her to let her know or ease her worries as to what is wrong with the car and how they can help. All they told her was a computer module was ordered and that it will take them 2 weeks to get here.

When she told me about the no loaner under warranty repair, I said that was the SA was BS'ing b/c Lexus gives out loaner for warranty work... and since I quickly ASSumed that EVERY car dealer would do the least for the inconvenience. Boy was I wrong. I called another jeep/chrysler dealer to see if that dealer was lying. After 4 times when the operator couldn't get me through the service dept., I was actually boiling! When I finally got a live person, I asked about a car loaner if "I" was to have my car towed there for warranty work. She didn't know the answer, asked someone, they didn't know the answer, and finally go a "No" loaner for warranty work.
Did these people just got into the car business???????? Was this the first time that they had a car break down???

She asked if I wanted to bring my car there? I said "no thanks, I'll take it to another dealer".....in my mind-it wouldn't make much of a difference anywhere else anyway

After all this is done-about another year and half on the lease, she's heading over to Lexus for an RX. She owed too much on this junk and will have to stick it out for now. We went to the dealer to get some $$$ and he said it's not worth it and advised her against it at this time of being extremely irrational and pissed off

I feel so much better when I get a cavalier or C class from MB dealers

Holy crap, these people are INCOMPETENT!

Thank you for hearing me out-WoW, what a shocker for me

Anyone have a good hookup at a jeep/chrylser dealer in socal ?

Last edited by GS3Tek; 09-23-06 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-23-06, 10:47 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

loaner cars are for ur convenience from the dealer. and most would tell u "u didnt purchase the car here, u dont get one" so i had to sell my VW. everyone should learn that if u stick with lexus... u will be happy.
Old 09-23-06, 10:49 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to hear the stroy.

But what exactly was pathetic about the story?

Even toyota dealers do not give out loner. So I dont know why you are so mad about it.
Old 09-23-06, 11:28 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing pathetic here is how we are spoiled by Lexus's service and forgetting the "norm" of the industry.
Old 09-23-06, 11:41 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

That sucks you didn't get a loaner. I had my oil changed last week and they replaced the sensor that made me stall twice and I was like "but I gotta get to work in twenty minutes" so they gave me a 300 loaner. Too bad it was the 6 cylinder and not the hemi. I guess it just depends on which dealership you go to.
Old 09-23-06, 11:55 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
I am sorry to hear the stroy.

But what exactly was pathetic about the story?

Even toyota dealers do not give out loner. So I dont know why you are so mad about it.
I am aware that toyota and other dealers don't give out loaner. Besides I'm not the one that is mad about the loaner car but the incompetence.

The only thing that was pathetic was when the car was towed to the dealer, she did not get a call to let her know what was wrong with the car. After having to make multiple phone calls herself and was told that she'll get a call the next day, she still didn't get a call. Basically, it felt like she was left in the dark, rather than being informed of what is wrong with the car.

I don't think we're expecting any 5 star service, just the minimal-like a phone call as told. Not that hard to ask for is it?

The frustration was very lengthy and I watered it down.
Old 09-23-06, 12:41 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek

The only thing that was pathetic was when the car was towed to the dealer, she did not get a call to let her know what was wrong with the car. After having to make multiple phone calls herself and was told that she'll get a call the next day, she still didn't get a call. Basically, it felt like she was left in the dark, rather than being informed of what is wrong with the car.
Gotcha. That's pretty reasonable to get ****. I'd be too.

In your first post, you sounded like you were really pissed for not getting a loaner.