Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Should I go with an all white interior?
Go for it... its going to look sick!!
26.67%
Please dont rice up a Lex!!
73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on white interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-04, 09:02 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on white interior?

Alright, so I've always had a thing for white interiors. I have a PDW SC and am reallllly strongly considering going ALL white. Not just seats, but dash and everything. The only thing holding me back is I dont want it to look like a ricer Civic. If not going completely white, what other 2 tone do you think I should do? I was considering white and silver for quite some time but I dont know how its going to turn out. Also, what the hell do I do about the wood trim? Get carbon fiber trim? I'm thinking of getting carbon fiber hood and a carbon fiber trunk/spoiler. I saw a CF hood on a white Supra with gunmetal wheels and I must say it looked stunning. So what do you think of the idea of going all white interior?
Old 11-03-04, 09:09 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

White interior wouldn't look good at all. I would go for all black interior. White on black would definitely look very nice. 2 tone seats and interior only belongs with the RSP SC.
Old 11-04-04, 02:13 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

white =constant cleaning dirt shows
Old 11-04-04, 04:15 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

me dont like white for interior.
Old 11-04-04, 05:04 AM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

White interior reminds me too much of a mid 70's Monte Carlo with a matching Landau roof......
Old 11-04-04, 05:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
White interior wouldn't look good at all. I would go for all black interior. White on black would definitely look very nice. 2 tone seats and interior only belongs with the RSP SC.
RSP ? Explain, please.

Looks-wise, a white interior can be a blast, but it takes almost CONSTANT cleaning.....especialy in sloppy weather or in the summer if you sweat.
Old 11-04-04, 09:56 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

RSP is Royal Sapphire Pearl which is the blue that MKIV Supras come in.

As for the white interior... If you got a 1967 Mustang you only drive to shows, go for it.

No luxury car should ever come with a white interior. Especially one you have installed that will flake, peel, and just generally look like hell. Not to mention the constant dingy look they will have after just a week.

So yes, it will look like a ricer Civic.

Other nice options are:

Black, like mentioned but not incredibly luxury. More sport oriented. Plus it burns your ***, no thanks.
Single-tone tan. That same color you have on the lower half of your dash? The lighter tan? Use that everywhere in the car, lose the brown, bleh. This is very luxo and would be tasteful. Think new MB products.
RED. Yes, red. That awesome burnt red saddle color you find in newer Infiniti products, or the SC430. Do the whole shebang like that and you'll turn heads.

Remember tho that entire color changes are horribly impractical and require painting a lot of parts that you touch, will wear, and scratch. How will you change your seat belt color? Or the headliner? What about the door sill trim that you kick *every* time you get in the car? Small details like that could turn your car into a total disaster...

Just some things to consider.
Old 11-04-04, 07:37 PM
Burnout86
Driver

i wouldnt say it is rice, but i dont think it would look too good...plus it would get dirty fast. you know how much oil and skin cells will get onto that interior? one more thing, what color is the car? if its a black car, then that would look sick (sick = ewww) . too much contrast if it a black with white interior.
Old 11-04-04, 07:44 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

The car is PDW, or Pearl Diamond White.

I say go black. That would just be so sexy IMO. I can see an Auto Couture SC with some clean chrome rims, glossy white with a black interior. Might just be me, but white on white would look almost like you were dreaming. I swear I've seen a pic of a white/white SC before though...

James
Old 11-04-04, 10:09 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm some of you guys made good points about the paint chipping out and stuff. Isnt that what happened on that SC with lambo doors? The interior looked prettttttty nasty. As far as cleaning, I dont mind cleaning the white interior. Its just that I dont want the paint to chip out because then its REALLY gonna look like rice. Ok guys what if I get just white seats and dont paint anything? (BTW I really dont find black interiors appealing IMO and burnt orange I love but it would require me to do painting)
Old 11-04-04, 10:15 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cream suade..... all suade
Old 11-04-04, 10:44 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

my friends had all white interiors, and it looked nice, but too high maintenance, if you can, wrap it in white leather, that'll look kool, i just think it's too high maintenance, up to you tho
Old 11-05-04, 08:00 PM
time4lexus
Pole Position

Won't it glare like crazy/reflect off the windows and be a driving hazard?