LouS460 Build-A-Share Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 01:48 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default LouS460 Build-A-Share Thread

[ Personal Intro ]
- Hey CL peeps my name is Lou and I started off driving an 89 Toyota Camry LE V6 hand-me-down. Great car to drive as a kid but was R.I.P. when I tried to pop it into neutral down a hill (trying to save gas -_-) and ended up popping it in reverse instead.

- Later picked up a 98 Toyota Camry LE V6 used at 76k miles. Dropped in a TRD Supercharger, some Eibach suspension, and some Motegi Racing wheels. Started experimenting with custom home projector headlight retrofitting which was a lot of work but a great learning experience. Car went R.I.P. also when the gf was driving my drunk *** home and I irritated her so much she lost control of car and we smacked into a light pole and the pole fell onto the roof of the car. Don't worry we were okay just a busted a finger but the car was not okay.

- Always wanted an 02 Lexus IS300 so found one already with DPE wheels, Tein H-Tech Springs, Custom Exhaust, Sway Bars, Authentic L-Tuned Front Bumper and at 32K mileage wasn't too shabby at all! Later I sold the front bumper for a hefty price due to demand and replaced it with a Kaminari front-lip which imo gave it a much more cleaner look and profile. During parking on a neighborhood street an unlicensed, uninsured motorist slammed into my quarter panel with his old 4-runner and proceeded to run away. No worries, 1 guy running vs 3 guys chasing he soon gave up and figured it all out with the po-po's. Got it all fixed through insurance but was never the same with the frame damage which wasn't properly fixed and overall I lost all passion and motivation for it so I decided to just sell it and part ways again.

- This point of my life I left my Toyota path roots and I felt it was time to try a new platform with a good solid base performance to build upon. I decided on a 12 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR and boy was that one fun car to drive. Dropped in some custom exhaust, intake, bov, intercooler + piping, radiator, full lip kit, CF accents, window visors, roof wrap CF, BC Racing Coilovers, and Work Meister wheels. Later I took it to RRE to get some Stage 1 ECU tuning. I daily drove this without issues and would definitely say it has treat me well. Still have this car but planning to sell it eventually due to wanting another vehicle that I can take anywhere but still be able to continue modding.

- In comes my re-entry back into the Toyota family when I decided to pick up a bigger old-man luxury cruiser. Got a 15 Lexus LS460 F-Sport RWD SWB and was already having plans to begin a new project and dab into some VIP goodness modding. Initially I was not used to the amenities and comfort compared to the EVO where I had to watch for obstacles, clutch, shifting, etc but later I respected it for what it was and had a new found appreciation for it.

- So here I am and I wish to share my journey with the CL community with my build. I wish I was able to start this thread in the very beginning but I was in such a rush it's under 5k mileage and already started some mods already. I hope to bounce off ideas and also share what I've learned to also help anyone with similar approaches with their builds. Thanks for reading and subscribing!

[ Mod List ] (constantly updated)

- Powerstop Brake Pads
- Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors
- VIP Modular VR01 w/ Brushed Centers Finish & Chromed Lips
- KYO-EI Bull Lock Reguard Lock And Nut Set
- Rolled Front Fenders / Shaved Rear Fenders
- Akata 15mm Front Spacers
- Motorsport Tech 3mm Rear Spacers

- Airrex Air Struts
- Air Lift 3H Management w/ 3/8" Lines
- Air Lift 5-gallon Tank
- Dual Viair 444c Compressors
- Custom Trunk Hardlines

- JDM Window Visors
- 3M Crystalline Tint (Medium All Around)
- Rexing V1 2.7" LCD FHD 1080p 170deg Dash Cam
- TPMS Pipe Bomb
- Junction Produce 10th Anniversary Fusa Limited Edition Medium
- Junction Produce Fusa Kiku Knot
- Junction Produce Curtains

[ Pending Mods / Waiting For Parts ]

- Aimgain VIP Exe Kit + Fender (ordered)

[ Initial Earlier Pictures ]

3M Crystalline Tint

3M Crystalline Tint

First Car Wash!

Besides tint this module was the first thing I ordered for some reason lol...

KYO-EI Bull Lock Reguard took awhile to arrive so I was using generic Gorilla lug nuts initially.

VIP Modular VR01's barely got mounted/balanced and put on. Had serious rubbing issues but just posed for the camera anyways and then raised it back up. Went to get it rolled/shaved after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0l-...ature=youtu.be
Some quick clip of fenders being shaved

I'm gonna post up a second post for all the current pictures of the vehicle.

Last edited by VIPanda460; 07-02-16 at 09:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Shibumi1 (11-10-19)
Old 02-07-16, 02:20 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Default More recent shots

Last edited by VIPanda460; 02-14-16 at 12:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Shibumi1 (11-10-19)
Old 02-07-16, 03:05 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful ride! Looks so good with the drop and those wheels combo
Old 02-07-16, 03:12 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Beautiful car
I just sold my 2016 wrx for another LS

Love your wheels, tempted to get a set for my car
Old 02-07-16, 03:13 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AznRacer
Beautiful ride! Looks so good with the drop and those wheels combo
Ty sir! Needs moar low!
Old 02-07-16, 03:14 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Beautiful car
I just sold my 2016 wrx for another LS

Love your wheels, tempted to get a set for my car
Ty. You should def get it!
Old 02-08-16, 07:55 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Gratz on the new ride. Love seeing your transformation. Nice work so far. Good luck.
Old 02-08-16, 08:57 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by R Z
Gratz on the new ride. Love seeing your transformation. Nice work so far. Good luck.
Thanks! Hoping to share more soon!
Old 02-08-16, 10:48 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Would you pm me vendor for the wheels for a price check ?
Old 02-08-16, 11:35 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

As a fellow F-Sport owner I'm definitely following your build! Looking good so far.

I have a few questions, first off you mention a Prestigious Society Air Suspension Controller but it looks like a DataSystems unit. Is that the same company? I also know we have factory air but it look like you're adding aftermarket air to replace it. Any reason as to why? It looks like you have it lowered to where you like it as it is.

Can you also add more specifics to your build list like parts numbers and specifics on your wheels etc. please? Thanks!
Old 02-08-16, 12:24 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
As a fellow F-Sport owner I'm definitely following your build! Looking good so far.

I have a few questions, first off you mention a Prestigious Society Air Suspension Controller but it looks like a DataSystems unit. Is that the same company? I also know we have factory air but it look like you're adding aftermarket air to replace it. Any reason as to why? It looks like you have it lowered to where you like it as it is.

Can you also add more specifics to your build list like parts numbers and specifics on your wheels etc. please? Thanks!
Thanks for the follow!

Yes I called Prestigious Society to order their DataSystems controller. When I asked, they actually rebranded and reconfigured as well as made English instructions. He stated the Japanese configuration was not perfect for USDM and their company tweaked something. Whether it was all true I cannot confirm but the English instructions were much appreciated!

Yes it has factory air for my vehicle and what's showing is level 6 height. Even at level L it's not as low as I want. I want after putting on a kit to be pretty much right at the ground near touching which factory air didn't give me this range. Another reason is I don't like how slow the height adjustment time is which is understandable with stock compressor/tank. The management isn't really a management so using it for "obstacles" quickly ain't an option. So that's why after using it I felt I wanted a real management and bigger setup to allow fast up and down. Lastly, the Airrex has dampening so should give it less mushy bouncy feeling it is now.

Kyo-Ei Lug Nuts: #RE0600

Gorilla Lug Nuts: I used the suggestion on this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ml#post7044838

(btw lug nuts are limited and PITA to find)

Powerstop Pads Fronts: #16-1440
Powerstop Pads Rears: #17-1283
Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors Fronts: #JBR1377/1378XPR
Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors Rears: #JBR1352/1353XPR

To answer why I'm even changing out the brembos would be explained here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ml#post9350103

Wheel Setup:

22 x 9.5 +28 (2.5" lip) on 245/30/22 (OHTSU FP8000)
22 x 10.5 +25 (3.5" lip) on 255/30/22 (OHTSU FP8000)

Required shaving on rears to fit.

Honestly the rears they gave me a great offset but the fronts they came a bit too conservative.

That is the reason I am getting a 3mm spacers rear and 15mm fronts. So I think it's what +13 for the fronts if you want it closer?

Not sure if you need the airrex/air lift part #'s lmk if so.

Last edited by VIPanda460; 02-10-16 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-08-16, 01:23 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looking great
Old 02-08-16, 01:29 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the additional details! very much appreciated! Looking forward to watching your progress.
Old 02-08-16, 01:31 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I also get zero light spread out of my fogs, I can't imagine what you're seeing with yours lowered.
Old 02-08-16, 02:28 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PROSTAR
looking great
Ty!

Thanks for the additional details! very much appreciated! Looking forward to watching your progress.
Np. Thanks for being here.

I also get zero light spread out of my fogs, I can't imagine what you're seeing with yours lowered.
I haven't looked close enough on the road with fogs honestly I forget they are even there lol...

Quick Reply: LouS460 Build-A-Share Thread