Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

1998 gs300 build, aristo 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-17, 02:58 AM
jerimiah87
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyinhawk
Can I use the gs300 engine and trans mounts for the aristo engine and trans?

I am not sure about the motor mounts, But I had to make a trans bracket because my aristo transmission is longer than the stock lexus.
Old 07-31-17, 03:25 AM
Flyinhawk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you did use the oem gs motor mounts but used aristo trans mount? Any pictures on hand?
Old 09-27-21, 12:51 PM
Jormakka84
Driver School Candidate

Default Gs300 aristo engine & tranny swap

Originally Posted by Miami-SC
I'm also trying to piece together a single conversion. I'm just stuck on what to get. It's my daily right now so when I get it all, it'll have to be a weekend project minus the tuning obviously. I'd like to go standalone but don't know yet if that'll be possible so any suggestions on what the next best thing would be? I have a 00 aristo swapped, bpu
I also have a 2000 gs, with 2jz-gte and a340e tranny swap from an aristo. Did you change the shifter also? Mine has the gs300 L234D pattern shifter, and the aristo tranny has a L2D pattern. How did you solve this? My shifter is stiff and the gears dont go into place easy.

Old 09-28-21, 11:42 AM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

Speaking from experience from a LHD USDM GS300, the Aristo A340E trans should work fine with your GS shifter & gates. Granted the lights on the dash will be a little funky since the GS has an extra gear. If you're having trouble moving the shifter through the gates, recheck the alignment where you're marrying up the shifter to the arm at the top of the transmission. If you're RHD, I don't have experience, but not sure why it wouldn't be an even better match since Aristo's were RHD.
Old 07-31-22, 01:33 PM
jerimiah87
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Update

Just got the car back from the shop I have done several more upgrades to the single turbo along with a piggy back ecu. One issue I finally came across that I saw others having an issue with is the fuel gauge. After having to swap my fuel pump assembly it stopped registering the correct amount of fuel. So when it was full the gas gauge was almost touching the top of the temp gauge. So I attempted to tear down my fuel gauge and see if there was a way to adjust it which I couldn’t find a way. So I ended up removing the front cover and discovered the fuel gauge needle just pulls off. So I plugged everything back in and topped off the tank, then turned on the car, so the fuel gauge would adjust back to where it was registering as full. Once I saw it stopped moving I put the needle back on to where it was registering in the correct spot. I assuming this will fix the issue but I will keep updating
Old 07-31-22, 02:04 PM
Flyinhawk
Driver

Originally Posted by jerimiah87
Just got the car back from the shop I have done several more upgrades to the single turbo along with a piggy back ecu. One issue I finally came across that I saw others having an issue with is the fuel gauge. After having to swap my fuel pump assembly it stopped registering the correct amount of fuel. So when it was full the gas gauge was almost touching the top of the temp gauge. So I attempted to tear down my fuel gauge and see if there was a way to adjust it which I couldn’t find a way. So I ended up removing the front cover and discovered the fuel gauge needle just pulls off. So I plugged everything back in and topped off the tank, then turned on the car, so the fuel gauge would adjust back to where it was registering as full. Once I saw it stopped moving I put the needle back on to where it was registering in the correct spot. I assuming this will fix the issue but I will keep updating
your issue is pretty common. Rumor has it that swap services like dragint. Do something with wiring to fix the issue, mine reads but the fuel gauge is half its capacity so reading a half tank is empty. I assume it has something to do with wiring since a replacement level sending unit didn’t fix the issue.