GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Im buying a 2JZGTE Aristo swap, and a GS300.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-18, 11:00 AM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Im buying a 2JZGTE Aristo swap, and a GS300.

Hey everyone i was going to buy a minty fresh stock sc400. But, im going a different direction. Im goingbto buy a GS300 and swap in a 2JZgte. Ive successfully completed several Honda swaps by my self without help. I know this will be more challenging. I want the car to look factory! Factory aristo rubber intercooler piping, factory aristo intercooler. Im confident i can swap a 2jzgte with $1,500 to spend after buying a 2jzgte, and a GS300.

Ive got about $4,500! To budget for the swap and a car entire car. If i need extra things i can squeeze it in to budgetba little more.

ive found a fairly clean GS300 for $1,000 bucks. It runs and drives.

ive found a jdm 2jzgte arristo vvti swap with auto trans. For $1,950 shipped.the exact engine shown looks prestine, no rust or corrosion. And a uncut harness.

im going to buy oem aristo intercooler, oem down pipe, and oem ic piping, and intercooler mounting duct. All of this is only about $250.00

i believe i need the front half of an aristo drive shaft.

im going to tackle the wiring my self, and get plenty of help to.

ive completed a swap having to transfer over everything to one engine to a bare long block. Flywheel, clutch, intake manifold, and wire harness. This is not involved in this swap, besides harness work. But im happy i have the experience. Its not a Honda, but ill manage,

im going to run the original jdm auto trans, i will of course pull the trans off and flush the fluid in the torque converter and transmission to. Im going to go through the engine as well, minor seal replacment, maybe even a timming belt and waterpump, most importantly new spark plugs, and seals, and checking sensors for damage. And checking engine mounts, most likley replacing them..

anything that im missing? Im excited about this swap, im stuck on doing this swap, or a 1jzgte in the car. The gs300 uses a front sump correct?

im looking to make about 280RWHP, and 280RWTQ,

im not after huge numbers, im just a fan of the engine, and car design. And i want WORLD CLASS RELIABILITY! My wife will drive it every now and then to. It will primarily be my 2nd car, but a daily driver. And a family used vehicle.
Old 01-15-18, 02:36 PM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitabel
If you're going to use the factory TT auto, note that ATF (and others?) will charge you $500 for a non-VVTi core if you decide to upgrade it.
With the stock 280 (Aristo) to 320 (Supra) you should be fine, but above 400 hp the transmission won't last forever.
More of my comments on my site here: http://www.victorylibrary.com/Toyota/A340E.htm

I suggest compression and leak-down tests before you take the engine apart.
The Supra tt ecu makes 320HP? I can just buy a jdm supra auto ecu correct?
Ok so from what I’ve gathered, the 2JZGTE swap in a GS300 is very easy! I just tap my pump, run a return fuel line, and fix 3 wires on the car, the RPM wire, and the two igniter wires. I’m honestly going to find the cleanest engine possible, change a few seals, plugs, clean it up and drop it in! There is absolutely no harness extending! I’m glad I’m picking a GS300 to swap in to. This is so much easier than a SC400/SC300 swap.

I’m fine with an auto trans, I’ve matured a lot over the years, and I’d love a 320/320 auto car lol. I’m not pushing for huge numbers. I plan to drive it hard and reliably on the stock numbers.

Last edited by tps3443; 01-15-18 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-15-18, 02:38 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

He was listing the HP numbers for the vehicles......
Old 01-15-18, 07:48 PM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

I gotcha. I read the guides listed to convert jdm to usdm. I’m gonna pass on all that stuff. Maybe swap injectors.

I wish I could find a clean GS300 that’s like broke down, but it seems they don’t break down.. ever lol

im mostly concerned with who I should buy my 2jzgte from, some are ugly on eBay and some are beautiful. Looks can be deceiving though.

My my initial budget for a GS300 will be $1,500.

then another $2,000 for the aristo swap.

And $300 for oem intercooler, and oem piping.
Old 01-16-18, 03:26 AM
marcman804
Rookie

You may want to source a complete swap instead of just the engine and trans. I recently did the swap and I got everything for $3k. Engine, Transmission, ECU, MAF, Igniter Chip, Fuel Pump, Fuel Return Line, Harness, Gauge Cluster (to show mileage), Intercooler and Piping, Driveshaft, ABS Computer, and downpipe. So you may want to increase your budget a little. But once you get it done you will love it!

Originally Posted by tps3443
I gotcha. I read the guides listed to convert jdm to usdm. I’m gonna pass on all that stuff. Maybe swap injectors.

I wish I could find a clean GS300 that’s like broke down, but it seems they don’t break down.. ever lol

im mostly concerned with who I should buy my 2jzgte from, some are ugly on eBay and some are beautiful. Looks can be deceiving though.

My my initial budget for a GS300 will be $1,500.

then another $2,000 for the aristo swap.

And $300 for oem intercooler, and oem piping.
Old 01-16-18, 04:11 AM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by marcman804
You may want to source a complete swap instead of just the engine and trans. I recently did the swap and I got everything for $3k. Engine, Transmission, ECU, MAF, Igniter Chip, Fuel Pump, Fuel Return Line, Harness, Gauge Cluster (to show mileage), Intercooler and Piping, Driveshaft, ABS Computer, and downpipe. So you may want to increase your budget a little. But once you get it done you will love it!
He'll exhaust that $2k budget with the quickness. GLWB
Old 01-16-18, 07:36 AM
marcman804
Rookie

Just keep in mind you get what you pay for, if everyone could do the swap for $2k or less... EVERYONE would have the swap. I had mine professionally installed and Im so glad I didnt try to tackle it myself and I just don't have the time anyhow. The professional had it done in less than a weekend, had the swap done in about 3 or 4 hours and then test drove it for me the following day. You don't want to put too strict of a budget on something like this because it will cost you more in the long run. It's a good idea to replace the hoses and also the radiator when you do the swap, just for peace of mind. I see you're in NC, if you are willing to come up to VA I can give you the info on where and who did my swap. I still have cruise control (up to 65mph) and still have A/C. My car functions as if it was completely stock, idles perfect, no bugs or anything whatsoever. The only thing I wish I did was get an LSD in the rear because one wheel spinning is no fun.

Originally Posted by LexLova
He'll exhaust that $2k budget with the quickness. GLWB
Old 01-16-18, 07:49 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Just keep in mind you get what you pay for, if everyone could do the swap for $2k or less... EVERYONE would have the swap. I had mine professionally installed and Im so glad I didnt try to tackle it myself and I just don't have the time anyhow. The professional had it done in less than a weekend, had the swap done in about 3 or 4 hours and then test drove it for me the following day. You don't want to put too strict of a budget on something like this because it will cost you more in the long run. It's a good idea to replace the hoses and also the radiator when you do the swap, just for peace of mind. I see you're in NC, if you are willing to come up to VA I can give you the info on where and who did my swap. I still have cruise control (up to 65mph) and still have A/C. My car functions as if it was completely stock, idles perfect, no bugs or anything whatsoever. The only thing I wish I did was get an LSD in the rear because one wheel spinning is no fun.
What part of Virginia are you located in? I would love come check out your car if thats possible. I have a 2002 GS300 Sport Design GGP that I'm planning on swapping eventually...once I have the funds. I'm slowly getting some supporting mods out of the way first.
Old 01-17-18, 02:03 AM
marcman804
Rookie

Im in Cumberland County, not too far from Richmond. And that would be cool.

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
What part of Virginia are you located in? I would love come check out your car if thats possible. I have a 2002 GS300 Sport Design GGP that I'm planning on swapping eventually...once I have the funds. I'm slowly getting some supporting mods out of the way first.
Old 01-17-18, 04:10 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Can you PM me who did your swap costs etc...if you don't mind.
Old 01-17-18, 09:28 AM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

Mine will run the same way, ac, heat. No cel lights. This is my goal.
Im on a reasonable budget, but I’m setting goals. So I don’t waste money. I’ve got up to $6,000 to blow on this if I need to. But I don’t want to. I’d rather swap it my self, so I know it is done correctly! Pull old engine, run return fuel line, install new engine, Hook everything up,, and fix your wiring which is very easy considering a SC300 swap with an 1jzgte.

all I need is a 2jzgte, trans, igniter, maf, ecu, loom, harness, intercooler, piping

ive found all of this for $2,499 shipped. I just negotiated my price back down.

so my gs300 will be $1,000

Im going to swap the car and I’ll be in at under $4,000. This includes buying a new engine hoist, and front half Aristo drive shaft.

the swap is very inexpensive. Anything extra I’ll purchase, but I still be in at a Low cost. I think more would do the swap if they researched it and read everything. I’ve learned so much! But a lot of guys turbo there existing engine.

Last edited by tps3443; 01-17-18 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-17-18, 10:46 AM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

I’m confused with the swaps that have a abs/Trac box and wiring, and others do not.

So so if I don’t get the abs trac swap I can’t run abs and traction control?

Does the tracbox go in the car? Or engine bay like the ecu does?

id like to have abs and trac, and I’m finding swaps for $2,699 shipped with trac/abs box

id rather my lights in the cluster all be off. I’m just running stock twins, for a reliable family car that makes the rated power to the wheels. Once I get more involved, and the initial money is spent, I may Get more in depth with adding larger intercooler, metal piping, and increasing boost.

Last edited by tps3443; 01-17-18 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-17-18, 02:25 PM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

I’ve found a entire front clip for $3800. You can hop in the car and start it right up and rev the engine.

if I went this route, I mine as well just convert it to RHD. It includes, rear diff, and axles, all lower control arms, exhaust, cars, brakes, hood , dash, fenders, complete engine bay untouched and running.
Old 01-19-18, 05:58 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tps3443

Mine will run the same way, ac, heat. No cel lights. This is my goal.
Im on a reasonable budget, but I’m setting goals. So I don’t waste money. I’ve got up to $6,000 to blow on this if I need to. But I don’t want to. I’d rather swap it my self, so I know it is done correctly! Pull old engine, run return fuel line, install new engine, Hook everything up,, and fix your wiring which is very easy considering a SC300 swap with an 1jzgte.

all I need is a 2jzgte, trans, igniter, maf, ecu, loom, harness, intercooler, piping

ive found all of this for $2,499 shipped. I just negotiated my price back down.

so my gs300 will be $1,000

Im going to swap the car and I’ll be in at under $4,000. This includes buying a new engine hoist, and front half Aristo drive shaft.

the swap is very inexpensive. Anything extra I’ll purchase, but I still be in at a Low cost. I think more would do the swap if they researched it and read everything. I’ve learned so much! But a lot of guys turbo there existing engine.
UZ driveshafts work also GS/SC/LS4XX's

Quick Reply: Im buying a 2JZGTE Aristo swap, and a GS300.