07 2is build

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-19, 06:51 PM
Redlox82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 2is build

Greeting all,

I bought a 07 IS250 in April for my birthday. It's my first time in a Lexus and I got to say it won't be my last. Like all builds threads, I plan to show my progress and maybe get some Ideas. I don't have any specific time line but I'll keep it as up today as I can.

Story:
I would of gotten an IS350 but I honestly didn't know about it at the time. But I really Like AWD and honestly I think it pretty peppy. just not uber fast. I got it from the bronx so yeah there hidden issues that it had. But I got those handled nothing crazy.

Issues:
Cosmetically its not the best and not the worst. from 10 feet aways its still pretty.
  • Outside
    • Theres yellowing paint on the drivers side rear door and quarter panel. Hit it with a clay bar and its little better.
    • Gaps in the body line in the front bumper on both side. Most likely happened when the previous owner replaced the headlights
  • Inside
    • Sticky dash problems. Both driver and passenger door handles
    • Trim around the Radio. This was done by me when I was fixing the touch screen. I was pretty mad at myself.
Mechanically its actually pretty good none so far. However I do feel/hear a faint grinding at higher speeds. It was so faint I thought it was just in my head. But I keep hearing it so I plan on getting it checked out soon.

Build Plans:
Of course I want to do both performance and cosmetic upgrades. But because of the paint and body line issues I decided to start with the Performance first.

Performance:
I did some research and I know I'm not going to get and crazy gains so I'm going with the basics.
  • Purchased
    • RR-Racing intake (not installed yet)
    • RR-racing tune (not installed yet)
    • Megan strut bar (not Installed
  • Future
    • cat back. not sure which one yet.
    • F-Sport sway bar set
    • Springs - not sure which ones yet. but I don't want it too low
    • IS350 break system swap
Cosmetic:
Currently I have two different looks in mind when it comes to paint or maybe wrapping.

First idea is white base with black and red trims and stripes. no specific pattern in mind at the moment.

Second Idea is to wrap it in a cool dark or metallic orange with darker orange/black hood, roof, wing, lip kit.

I have not purchased any body parts yet But I know I want:
  • F-sport rear bumper with defuser
  • Side skirts
  • duck wing
  • roof wing
  • front lip- have one in mind just don't know the name of it
  • Carbon hood with hood scoops
  • 3IS conversion eventually

Ok so there are my plans. I will post pictures later. Please feel free to chime in if you have any suggestions, ideas, or selling any of the parts listed above.

Thanks for reading.
The following users liked this post:
Timbolz350 (07-19-20)
Old 07-19-20, 02:24 PM
Timbolz350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlox82
Greeting all,

I bought a 07 IS250 in April for my birthday. It's my first time in a Lexus and I got to say it won't be my last. Like all builds threads, I plan to show my progress and maybe get some Ideas. I don't have any specific time line but I'll keep it as up today as I can.

Story:
I would of gotten an IS350 but I honestly didn't know about it at the time. But I really Like AWD and honestly I think it pretty peppy. just not uber fast. I got it from the bronx so yeah there hidden issues that it had. But I got those handled nothing crazy.

Issues:
Cosmetically its not the best and not the worst. from 10 feet aways its still pretty.
  • Outside
    • Theres yellowing paint on the drivers side rear door and quarter panel. Hit it with a clay bar and its little better.
    • Gaps in the body line in the front bumper on both side. Most likely happened when the previous owner replaced the headlights
  • Inside
    • Sticky dash problems. Both driver and passenger door handles
    • Trim around the Radio. This was done by me when I was fixing the touch screen. I was pretty mad at myself.
Mechanically its actually pretty good none so far. However I do feel/hear a faint grinding at higher speeds. It was so faint I thought it was just in my head. But I keep hearing it so I plan on getting it checked out soon.

Build Plans:
Of course I want to do both performance and cosmetic upgrades. But because of the paint and body line issues I decided to start with the Performance first.

Performance:
I did some research and I know I'm not going to get and crazy gains so I'm going with the basics.
  • Purchased
    • RR-Racing intake (not installed yet)
    • RR-racing tune (not installed yet)
    • Megan strut bar (not Installed
  • Future
    • cat back. not sure which one yet.
    • F-Sport sway bar set
    • Springs - not sure which ones yet. but I don't want it too low
    • IS350 break system swap
Cosmetic:
Currently I have two different looks in mind when it comes to paint or maybe wrapping.

First idea is white base with black and red trims and stripes. no specific pattern in mind at the moment.

Second Idea is to wrap it in a cool dark or metallic orange with darker orange/black hood, roof, wing, lip kit.

I have not purchased any body parts yet But I know I want:
  • F-sport rear bumper with defuser
  • Side skirts
  • duck wing
  • roof wing
  • front lip- have one in mind just don't know the name of it
  • Carbon hood with hood scoops
  • 3IS conversion eventually

Ok so there are my plans. I will post pictures later. Please feel free to chime in if you have any suggestions, ideas, or selling any of the parts listed above.

Thanks for reading.
did you ever Get anything done?