Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

chrome scratch removal !

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-16, 12:31 AM
incvn
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chrome scratch removal !

I have seen some hair scratches on the chrome around the DVD and CD loading , How can i remove the scratches. I dig some googles . The results are that someone use steel wool 0000 for remove the scratches . Anybody has any idea pls share !

many thanks in advance !
Old 08-16-16, 05:27 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I do not believe the interior trim piece is actual chrome... but rather plastic that is covered in a shiny, chrome looking, finish.

Since that area is so tiny, I honestly would not bother attempting to polish them out at the risk of damaging surround areas. However, if you wish to attempt it, always start with the least aggressive method first.

For this, you may wish to find some PlasticX, or any other fine polish (Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, M205, etc) and work the polish into the area with a soft microfiber towel or foam applicator.
Old 08-16-16, 06:55 PM
incvn
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I do not believe the interior trim piece is actual chrome... but rather plastic that is covered in a shiny, chrome looking, finish.

Since that area is so tiny, I honestly would not bother attempting to polish them out at the risk of damaging surround areas. However, if you wish to attempt it, always start with the least aggressive method first.

For this, you may wish to find some PlasticX, or any other fine polish (Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, M205, etc) and work the polish into the area with a soft microfiber towel or foam applicator.
thank you very much, i have read somewhere in the forum that for the chrome scratches the best way is leaving them alone and live with them. is it correct, i will practice with some chrome plastics first before applying on the car.