Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Coating on Ultra White

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-15, 05:03 PM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Coating on Ultra White

Does anyone have before and after pictures for any type of coatings on Ultra White? I'm wondering if it makes any noticeable improvement. I have applied C1 V3 on her already. Many thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-15, 06:52 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Looking for noticeable gloss improvements?

On a perfectly polished car, the LSP will provide only a small enhancement. White offers less of a 'wow factor' than darker colors as you know, so I would not get your hopes up for anything extraordinary. Any LSP will look great when the paint is properly cleaned and polished.

The real benefit of a coating is the protection and lack of maintenance required. If you're someone who cleans their car regularly and doesn't mind applying a sealant and/or wax several times each year, then perhaps a coating is not the best choice for you

Hope that helps

-Zach
Old 08-19-15, 08:20 AM
Joe166
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your input in this and all the other threads. It is great to get opinions from someone who obviously knows what they are talking about. I have an Ultra White 2015 GS360 F-Sport and I not only don't mind fussing around my car but it is a really good head straightener and gets me out of the house doing something I pretty much enjoy. I had wondered about having something like that applied to my car. I guess I will just keep fussing around with my car because I just enjoy it. I guess I "wax" my car about once a month, usually only the horizontal surfaces. I try to wash it once a week and it keeps me informed as to the condition of the paint.
Old 08-19-15, 08:37 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Zach,
I know I can always trust your unbiased opinion. Thank you. That's kind of what I was thinking too. Hate to drop couple of hundreds and see no noticeable difference. I do take good care of my car. I brought her home with all the plastics and cleaned her up myself this time.
Joe,
What's the interior? Mine is Cabernet. Do we have same car? Haven't seen you post in 4GS. Come on over.
PS: you should give C1 V3 a try. Very nice product. Recommended by my buddy Syd.
Old 08-19-15, 09:03 AM
Joe166
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1101GS
Zach,
I know I can always trust your unbiased opinion. Thank you. That's kind of what I was thinking too. Hate to drop couple of hundreds and see no noticeable difference. I do take good care of my car. I brought her home with all the plastics and cleaned her up myself this time.
Joe,
What's the interior? Mine is Cabernet. Do we have same car? Haven't seen you post in 4GS. Come on over.
PS: you should give C1 V3 a try. Very nice product. Recommended by my buddy Syd.
I have that mostly black with white dots, I have no idea what it is called. At the dealer (JM Lexus) I got carbon fiber wrapping on the front bumper and darker tinting than I would normally like on the windows but I balked at the black roof and trunk lid, and I got the blacked out chrome from Sewell (before they went out of the aftermarket business) and I blacked out (actually smoke gray) the exhaust tips. I really like the car and I am considering other minor mods. I may black wrap the chrome around the windows (shiny like the pillars) and carbon fiber the exhaust tips. One of the reasons I keep coming back is to get some fresh ideas, like the smoke paint from the hobby shop that someone used and I went and bought.
Old 08-20-15, 05:11 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had an ultra white 2014 IS 350 F sport that I had polished and coated with 22 PLE. I've been recently traded that in and got a 2015 RC 350 F sport in ultra white which I had polished and coated with 22PLE

I think 22 PLE adds a depth and shine to my ultra white that was not there prior to application. Yes the coating makes the car much easier to clean but I also maintain it and keep another layer of protection which acts on top of the coating called VS1 which is made by 22 PLE.

I think the shine that I get with the coating far surpasses simply applying wax to the car. the white in my car pops with shine and I've had people stop me since I've purchased a new car and even on my IS that had the coating on it asking me how did I get such depth and shine to a white car and I said I didn't do anything my detailer did and then I explained about the coating. but I do maintain it myself every week with a regular washing and proper maintenance

I highly recommend having one of these coatings Applied to your car and I won't have any new car that isn't coated with what product is recommended by my detailer

Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails Coating on Ultra White-image.jpg  
Old 08-20-15, 05:12 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is another picture of my car with the coating on it. These were taken by my detailer after the coating was applied. The picture of the bottom far right is actually the top of my car reflecting my garage door which is wood.
Attached Thumbnails Coating on Ultra White-image.jpg