Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Deep white Scrathes

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-14, 10:25 AM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deep white Scrathes

How to remove this white deep scrathes ?
I've been buffing it when its wet you cant really see it but after i washed my car it really easy to tell the scrathes.
Attached Thumbnails Deep white Scrathes-image-2426348152.jpg   Deep white Scrathes-image-2362718357.jpg  
Old 10-30-14, 10:44 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

If they are deep then it has most likely penetrated the clear and in this case the base coat exposing the primer layer. If that is the case, There is no way to repair this aside from repaint or touch up.
Old 10-30-14, 11:30 AM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
If they are deep then it has most likely penetrated the clear and in this case the base coat exposing the primer layer. If that is the case, There is no way to repair this aside from repaint or touch up.
Thanks bro . You are the best 👍

It small scrathes but it bugs me .
Old 11-04-14, 07:03 PM
SBY68
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nu Finish has a product called Scratch Doctor that will get most of them if they are not too deep. I really like their wax too as it is easy to apply, and wipe off and isn't expensive. Nu Finish, orange plastic bottle available at WalMart.
Old 11-05-14, 06:00 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SBY68
Nu Finish has a product called Scratch Doctor that will get most of them if they are not too deep. I really like their wax too as it is easy to apply, and wipe off and isn't expensive. Nu Finish, orange plastic bottle available at WalMart.
Originally Posted by Nu Finish Description
Nu Finish Scratch Doctor Clear Coat Scratch Remover is the best way to maintain your vehicle's new car exterior by filling in and smoothing over scratches to its outer clear coat paint job. Rated the #1 surface scratch remover by independent laboratory testing versus other leading car scratch removers, the Nu Finish Scratch Doctor product uses unique micro technology that instantly hides scrapes, scuffs, haze, and swirl marks all the while not further scratching clear coats like many competing products do.
This product is quite misleading... they mention "removing" scratches while in reality they are not removing anything, they are simply hiding them as mentioned in the product description. This is a very temporary fix, and while it is still useful and much less invasive than sanding and paint correction, I just want to be sure people are aware of the differences between hiding defects and truly removing them. Each type of product has their place, but they are certainly NOT the same.