Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What wax/polish to use on white/pearl car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 10:07 PM
kamnan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wax/polish to use on white/pearl car?

Hi,

Newbie here. I have try searching and searching on google & in the forum with no success. Sorry if this topic has been discussed before.

I got white 2nd Gen GS300. I'm have been detailing the car myself for a while now but always wonder "What's the best wax and polish for white car?" Some people even say white car don't need polish or even wax... I don't really buy those. The least wax can do for you is protect your paint.

Words around here is that Meguiar Gold class looks better applied to white or pale colored car. NXT is best with black or dark car??? But these are the words from Meguiars sales.. so I'm a bit skeptical on his advise.

So please.. let's share it for those who have white/pearl Lex.. what you're using? and if you can.. please why?

I'm using ColorX & NXT wax at the moment but i'm waiting delivery of the Swissol Samurai ONYX.. will post some pic when it arrive.. (gonna be a while tho. they don't sell them here I got to order from UK)

Thanks....
Old 09-13-06, 09:36 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Meguiar Gold class on my white GX.

CV
Old 09-13-06, 08:50 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Black Magic on my white gold crystal RX300 with great result. Its shine is comparable to my colleague's one-month-new red car. And it lasts a long time. I applied wax in early July and it's still there (mid-Sept. now.) The only downside was the buffing... buffed until my arms fell off my shoulders.

Meguiar Gold Class is also a good choice. I used it on my last car (gold color) with good result as well, though it costs twice as much as other waxes in the market.

Zymol used to be great, but its formulation was changed and it left behind tiny hairline scratches. It's hard to see on a white car though. If you don't mind it, it is the easiest wax that I ever used.

Note the reflection below on driver side panels with Black Magic.
Attached Thumbnails What wax/polish to use on white/pearl car?-salt-flat-small.jpg