Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Spilt Milkshake HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-12, 07:49 PM
Bigstdawg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spilt Milkshake HELP!!

I have spilt a milkshake between the console(arm rest) and back seat cup holders in my IS350. I got most of it out immediately after it happened and there wasn't that much got on the carpet and floor mat, but still I am OCD about keeping my car clean, as most of us are on these forums I assume. The majority got on top of the (hump) behind the arm rest/console and some run down each side. Most run down the passenger side and got on that floor mat. I have the all-weather floormats so I am not worried about those. I am worried about the carpet though. What is the best way to get all the shake out? I really don't want to take the carpet out - if that is even possible. I own a steam cleaner/vacuum. I am thinking that is the way to go. If anyone has had experience in this area I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

B.
Old 09-01-12, 07:56 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If need be, remove your seat and clean it using Folex and a Little Bissel vacuum. Spray with Folex (can be found at Homr Depot. Lots of detailers swear by it), agitate with carpet brush and then vacuum it up. Don't use any cleaner in the Bissel as this could over saturate your carpet. Then place it under a fan to ensure it dries or keep your car in the garage with the doors open.
Old 09-01-12, 08:01 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FAQ thread stickied at the top of this forum contins this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-clean-up.html
Old 09-01-12, 08:27 PM
Bigstdawg
Rookie

I know how to take the front console out. I did the nav hack about 5 years ago. But thanks anyway for the advice. I spilt the shake behind the front console on the carpet between it and the back seat. I was trying to put it in the rear cupholders that are in the fold-down arm rest in the backseat and the lid came off and poof! I'm gonna take the back seat out tomorrow and take karasha's advice with the bissel and folex. THANK YOU! Its in the garage now with the windows down. I got all of it out that I could by soaking it up with towels. I found a link to take the rear seat out and it looks easy so I am not worried as much now.
Old 09-01-12, 08:34 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Definitely remove the seats and console and things like that. You will find stuff from the early 90s under there!
Old 09-01-12, 09:25 PM
Bigstdawg
Rookie

Couldn't wait till tomorrow. Took the backseat out and felt under the carpet...Godd news it didn't go through! Still gonna do the Bissel cleaning tomorrow I think because I cant stand the carpet being dirty.
Old 09-02-12, 02:33 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by karasha
If need be, remove your seat and clean it using Folex and a Little Bissel vacuum. Spray with Folex (can be found at Homr Depot. Lots of detailers swear by it), agitate with carpet brush and then vacuum it up. Don't use any cleaner in the Bissel as this could over saturate your carpet. Then place it under a fan to ensure it dries or keep your car in the garage with the doors open.

Folix is a damn good product ive been using it for years
Old 09-02-12, 07:40 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend you disconnect the battery before removing the console. I'm pretty sure the SRS air bag module is located just beneath the storage compartment. Better safe than sorry.