Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Which is the better DA

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-11, 03:23 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Wow that's alot of great info.

Now my question is, can I use this microfiber system with a DA other then Megs G110V2?
Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
That is a lot of info.

To make things a little simplier Todd, which DA would you recommend ?

Lets say cost is not a factor.
Yes you can use the Microfiber system with any random orbital DA, or even a forced rotation DA like a Flex.

BUT (there is always a BUT) consider this... If the pad spins (rpm) too fast, then the centrigal force is going to pull the fibers outward and cause them to lay down. This will eliminate the increased surface area that gives these pads such a unique advantage, and you are left it a flat polishing surface similar to a foam pad. This is why many people have been getting better results with a Random Orbital DA instead of the forced rotation DA's.

For this system the Meguiar's G110v2 is really the best option. This is because the system operates best (in general) between 4500 OPM to 5200 OPM with moderate pressure. The G110v2 also features a cruise control feature, which tries to maintain a constant OPM rate as you increase/decrease pressure. This is important because it gives you precise control over the OPMs. The extra power of some of the other polishers in not needed.

Now I don't recommend the Griots, but honestly, that is because we don't sell the machine. If you have one, there is no reason to trade for the Meguiars or Porter Cable. But if I was looking at purchasing just one polisher for the DA system, it would be the Meguiar's G110v2 because of its advantages this application.
Old 04-09-11, 08:53 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

^^^^^^ I see, well the Megs DA isnt available or i wouldve got that, but im going with the PC instead
Old 04-11-11, 05:36 AM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
^^^^^^ I see, well the Megs DA isnt available or i wouldve got that, but im going with the PC instead
The PC will work great!