View Single Post
Old 10-01-13, 08:14 PM   #1
digger08
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Default Track speed Tranmsision shift 5th gear to long....?

Hope I explain this correctly.

Just finished another track day (Mosport - Canada) and have a weird power band issue...just wondering if its normal?

On the track straight away (10 degree incline - about 1 mile), I can get to about 220 kph (about 136mph) but 5th gear is really long and slow...once red line and ..up-shifting to 6 - and there is all kinds of crazy power and is immediate, responsive and the car starts taking off very quickly.......It took a few track days to realize this?

....in sport mode, and sprint booster (red - 2nd setting) - I have tried with sprint booster off - no differences.

Your thoughts......some sort of heat soak......if 5th gear would red line quicker, higher speeds are possible....because I run out of track by 6th gear.

at these speeds I do not have time to look at my gauges, so only periodic glances - coolant temp normal, oil temp 4-5 bars - temperature was 25 degrees Celsius/ about 82

essentially 5th gear is eating all of my track length to get to 6th and 136mph is very short lived

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 10-01-13 at 08:23 PM..
digger08 is offline   Reply With Quote