Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Are these Quality Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-02, 09:30 PM
blitz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
I'd look more at brands like HRE, Rays/Volk, Work, SSR, etc...
ummm, HRE????

personally, i never like HRE and SSR.(SSR seems and i feel it's for coupes and some sports cars.)

and i think if i drive a lexus and why don't i get a nice JDM rims??
like work Equip 508, Vienna dish model, garson, Amistad, and more....

when i hear HRE, i don't know why but i think of BMW.
oh, who cares? if you ride on AMG rims with BMW... but i will hate to see this...
Old 04-04-02, 09:50 PM
blitz
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray

It's just like those guys driving around their '89 Nissan Sentras (salvaged titled with mis-matched paint) with their 18" CHROME wheels and they think they're PIMPIN'! That's SOOOOOO CHEEZZZYY....why would you want to be like that?
i really saw that 89 sentra with 18' chrome rims in LA!!!! i bet that guy felt "bling-bling" inside. did i? no~~~ it was nasty..

hey, manaray!

my opinions with cheezy and knock offs.

i think no one wants to be cheezy and knock off rims. everyone hope they can be bling bling. however; i look at my view, which is "who cares?" simple!

i don't mind buying blah-blah style rims. as far as i like it and enjoy, everything is good. i am sure manaray will never buy knock off rims, but someone will.

even i get a nice rim, someone will hate it and think my rims are cheezy and maybe knock offs, or someone will follow me to ask where i got them.

let's be generous, just enjoy~
Old 04-05-02, 01:15 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Victor - Bro, I'm ALL ABOUT the hook-ups! Trust me. If I don't absolutely have to pay retail, I won't. I must admit, I am lucky in that respect because I have some pretty good hook ups...but when you've been into this scene for as long as I have, you eventually pick up some friends in the industry...

For me, spending $4K on wheels is OK...now if I can get those $4K wheels for $2.5K, all the better. If I had to wait a month to get that price, no problem...a couple months, also no problem...

Hell, my BEATER is going to have a body kit, wheels, coilovers and possibly a turbo...the amount of money you're willing to dump into your car depends on how into it you are...this is true with ANY hobby...

I agree that having a Lexus doesn't mean you should have to "overpay"...what I'm saying that if you own a Lexus, you should be buying add-on products that are on the same LEVEL as your car...

Blitz - I have never associated HRE specifically with BMW...I associate HRE with HIGH END and PERFORMANCE cars...Fikse, to me is more associated with BMW...and Porsche...

But either way, neither company (HRE or Fikse) is a brand specific tuner...it's NOT like putting AMG wheels on a BMW...AMG ONLY makes stuff for Mercedes...

AutoCouture makes stuff for Toyota (Lexus), Nissan (Infiniti), and Mercedes...as does Wald (plus many other brands), etc., etc...

As for the JDM thing...well "Lexus" is not in Japan...only in America (and Europe)...show me a JDM GS430... I'm not one of those "JDM" only kinda guys...I'll buy German wheels if I think they're the best...if Brabus made a body kit for the GS, I'd consider it also...

Cheezy - Well as always, people are free to be as cheezy as they want to be, but I don't understand why anyone would want to be..trying to be something they're so OBVIOUSLY not (like chrome "luxury looking" wheels on a '89 Sentra.. )

I just don't like to see ClubLexus members doing their cars up cheezy....gives ALL Lexus owners a bad name...especially if they have ClubLexus sticker on their car.

It's just like the Civic ricers...now all Civics (even done right) seem like ricers...
Old 04-05-02, 07:32 AM
victor
Rookie

Thumbs up Manaray You get my respect.

Hey Manaray,
You are my boy. I like your attitude, you are right on point. Much respect to being on the level.................. Now. I may be looking for springs and shocks to go with the rims I am putting on my ride. It is going to be between the Enkei Zeus (18") and the Zauber Gettin (18").

I am able to get the Enkei rims for $2200 rims and tires. This is way under what they go for.

Do you know where I can find the Zauber Gettin for a good price?

Also should I buy springs and shocks as well? Which set up?

Holla if ya hear me.............

Victor
Old 04-29-03, 09:48 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

Default Re: Manaray You get my respect.

Originally posted by victor
Hey Manaray,
You are my boy. I like your attitude, you are right on point. Much respect to being on the level.................. Now. I may be looking for springs and shocks to go with the rims I am putting on my ride. It is going to be between the Enkei Zeus (18") and the Zauber Gettin (18").

I am able to get the Enkei rims for $2200 rims and tires. This is way under what they go for.

Do you know where I can find the Zauber Gettin for a good price?

Also should I buy springs and shocks as well? Which set up?

Holla if ya hear me.............

Victor

I would PM GS4Will about a price on the Zauber Gettins.
Old 04-30-03, 12:09 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

If Giovanna wanted to sponser my car, id roll a different set of Gios every week. I like the bling bling look.
Old 04-30-03, 01:48 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this has been dead for a year!!!!!!

pluid, i'm assuming he's got wheels by now, man
Old 04-30-03, 08:35 AM
phluid
Lead Lap

d@mn, I did not even look at the date on it.. i pulled it from the top of the wheel forums some how so it wasn't even like I had to search for it.. my bad
Old 05-03-03, 03:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Din
If Giovanna wanted to sponser my car, id roll a different set of Gios every week. I like the bling bling look.
If they wanted to sponsor my car, I'll tell them to **** off and I'd rather pay full retail for some good wheels (good looking, good quality)...of course, in terms of quality, I don't include the APP relabeled stuff...bling bling is a wacked fad and I can't wait till dies..."CLASS" NEVER DIES.

Now that may sound kinda funny...I mean free is free, but like I said before, I wouldn't take a free FAKE Rolex either...no matter how many they gave me...

Actually, if they did want to sponsor me and I didn't have any written contract and I didn't have to actually show my car with their crappy wheels on it, I would take the sponsorship so I could sell the wheels on eBay to MTV Cribs-o-tized dumbasses to put on their '85 Tauruses...then I'd take the money I make and buy some better wheels....maybe even a PS/2 just to put in to the bathroom...and 5 more NEC 2080UX LCD monitors so I can have that pimpin' "wallstreet" look on my desk...heheheh...
Old 05-03-03, 12:31 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Manaray
If they wanted to sponsor my car, I'll tell them to **** off and I'd rather pay full retail for some good wheels (good looking, good quality)...of course, in terms of quality, I don't include the APP relabeled stuff...bling bling is a wacked fad and I can't wait till dies..."CLASS" NEVER DIES.

Now that may sound kinda funny...I mean free is free, but like I said before, I wouldn't take a free FAKE Rolex either...no matter how many they gave me...

Actually, if they did want to sponsor me and I didn't have any written contract and I didn't have to actually show my car with their crappy wheels on it, I would take the sponsorship so I could sell the wheels on eBay to MTV Cribs-o-tized dumbasses to put on their '85 Tauruses...then I'd take the money I make and buy some better wheels....maybe even a PS/2 just to put in to the bathroom...and 5 more NEC 2080UX LCD monitors so I can have that pimpin' "wallstreet" look on my desk...heheheh...
DOH! I wear a Rolex with a diamond bezel.

but mine is real.