Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Darn! They won't fit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-05, 08:00 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah you should got 18x10 +50 I love the sunken in the fenders look.

They will fit with small stretch, rolled fenders, a little more camber. If just want something that will slap right on that get a higher offset.
Old 11-20-05, 04:32 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they'll fit my SC . I'll buy them off you. I pulled my fenders almost 35 mm.
Old 11-20-05, 10:19 AM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

MongolKhan on here is running 18x10 +22 offset which is 1mm from mines. 265/35/18 tires but I guess his tire has more angled sidewalls. I'm going to maybe try a 255 tire and go back to alignment shop and have them set more -camber. I was over at a shop the other day and there were a few Ferraris and Lambo's with these wheels along with Work Equips.
Old 11-20-05, 11:08 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Mongo was running 255 all around. Definitely need a smaller tire and or different brand with less square sidewall.

Detuned could you post up some pics of the pull here or in the SC forum? I'm looking to pull my fenders soon with my roller to fit some 19x11.5 +1
Old 11-20-05, 02:50 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

Damn, 255's.... what other tires have smaller sidewalls? Nittos? Falkens? There's a fender tool rental here this weekend for $50 which gets your 10hours.

I'll try a 245/40/18 tire and see where it goes. I want to still dial in more camber because these wheels took FOREVER to find.
Old 11-20-05, 07:25 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Yokohama es100 is not bad. Nitto is very square I would avoid them.
Any of the falkens are excellent for aggressive wheel fitment

Fender roller will be necessary thats not bad. I rent one out for $50 CDN a day but only to locals right now.

good luck!
Old 11-21-05, 06:48 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those can fit, but you will have to strech a tire (265 on a 10 is a slight strech, but a 245 will work better) then run some negative camber. Your tire life will be fine as long as you keep your toe under controll.
Old 11-22-05, 12:18 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
man, who ever told you these wheels would fit from the beginning..... there is no way the sc300/400 can take that

even with the sc430 it's marginal...

sell those and get something that actually fit normally...
18x10 +21 is cake....just needs a good roll and the right size tire. My wheels should be here soon and I went with 18x11 +19 which works well with the fenders rolled and a slight pull.
Old 11-22-05, 12:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by roo
18x10 +21 is cake....just needs a good roll and the right size tire. My wheels should be here soon and I went with 18x11 +19 which works well with the fenders rolled and a slight pull.
depends on your definition of "cake". to me if you have to touch fenders, it's not really *easy* already. and if you have to put stretched tires just to fit (imho that's stupid, sorry but that's me), that's even harder coz' brands and models affect it as well. and some goes even as far as putting negative camber to avoid rubbing. that's insane to me, unless you have a lot of money to burn.

it's almost like saying for the 2gs, 10 +43 will fit without any mods, perfect. but would 10 +20 fit? oh yeah, EASY. just put on stretch tires, shave the whole fender, and put on negative 3 degrees. that's not easy.

imho when telling people whether something is "easy" or not, it has to be quantitative. not everyone gets on clublexus and wants to do something as crazy as some of us do. they want to come here and get something, snap on and call it a day. i would be mad if i got these and they don't work since someone said it's "easy". you can say it will work, but it's not easy -- it requires work on the fenders, tires, and possibly camber.

just my 2 cents. i am not going to touch sc300/400 fitment anymore anyway
Old 11-22-05, 03:32 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

depends on your definition of "cake". to me if you have to touch fenders, it's not really *easy* already. and if you have to put stretched tires just to fit (imho that's stupid, sorry but that's me), that's even harder coz' brands and models affect it as well. and some goes even as far as putting negative camber to avoid rubbing. that's insane to me, unless you have a lot of money to burn.

it's almost like saying for the 2gs, 10 +43 will fit without any mods, perfect. but would 10 +20 fit? oh yeah, EASY. just put on stretch tires, shave the whole fender, and put on negative 3 degrees. that's not easy.

imho when telling people whether something is "easy" or not, it has to be quantitative. not everyone gets on clublexus and wants to do something as crazy as some of us do. they want to come here and get something, snap on and call it a day. i would be mad if i got these and they don't work since someone said it's "easy". you can say it will work, but it's not easy -- it requires work on the fenders, tires, and possibly camber.

Very good point, there are different 'camps' when it comes to modding, and for the uninitiated, "easy" means jacking up the car, putting wheels on and driving off.

I would say "easy" is moreso relative than anything else, there are some guys in the VIP running 11 offset and 12 offset on cars that have 40et stock, so yes 21 would be easy to them, but to others that are not used to the entire package (stretch tire, neg camber, roll /shave fenders), its not so easy.

If the original poster bought these wheels with the prior knowledge of what would be required to ensure the car can drive, then all is well, if not, then shame on the seller.

And before this turns into a "sunken vs flush" argument, I do not like sunken wheels, I'm just not all the way over to the +2 et camp yet! lol
Old 11-22-05, 03:43 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Damn! That really sucks that they don't fit. They look like pretty nice wheels too. The only positive thing that I take from this thread is that, now I have reference pics as to what a wheel with a +21 offset looks like on an SC. I plan on doing a 19 x 10 in +22 on my GS (which I hear, uses smilar offsets as those on an SC)
Old 11-22-05, 04:06 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Seize
I plan on doing a 19 x 10 in +22 on my GS (which I hear, uses smilar offsets as those on an SC)
First Gen GS can handle a bit more aggression than the SC and even second gen GS! (especially up front)
Old 11-22-05, 10:14 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

IMO, if you don't at least roll the fenders, the fitment is pretty standard and generic....which is fine for a soccer mom van with stock wheels but not for "custom wheels" on anything....without wheels actually being fitted to the car, they're not exactly custom. That's just my style when it comes to wheel fitments...but that's not the issue here. You're basically telling this guy the wheels won't fit because it's too complicated and difficult for you to figure out ...and your comment about stretching the tires being "stupid"....that's pure ignorance on your part.

Anyhow, you are highly exaggerating what needs to be done to get those wheels to fit. The fenders apear to be already rolled and so it simply needs a thinner tire. No camber adjustments or fender pulling neccesary....like I said, cake.
Old 11-24-05, 02:50 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

As long as I don't need wide body or flares, it's CAKE!
Old 12-01-05, 09:57 AM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

how about running a 235/40/18 falkens? too stretched for 10in rims?

Quick Reply: Darn! They won't fit!!!