Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 01:48 AM
paulmann76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation WHEELS WHAT SHOULD I DO THEN?

HEY GUYS

I'm thinking of buying wheels and i live in vancity, Since there's all these companies that mess around, wherre do u guys recommend i look for my wheels. I'm thinking of 18 or 19 chrome with a lip and offset (i like the deep dish look) i may even drive up to seattle to grap a set and since its the off season i guess i can wait a bit but, 6 months sucks!!!!!!!! i never knew it took soo long for parts.

what places r good to deal witjh and which ones suck

thanx

oh ya 1 more thing is it cheaper with the places that make u wait longer....just curious

Last edited by paulmann76; 11-04-03 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-04-03, 04:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 205 Likes on 137 Posts

I'm on the verge of deciding on a set of iforged Rev's, but hearing all these really makes me very hesitant.
Old 11-04-03, 05:20 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

it's pretty rare for any place to have rims in stock, they all wait for that slow big boat holding all the goods.. when that boat arrives all the dealers attack that boat like savages and if they happen to not be able to get your rims... then u gotta wait again.
Old 11-04-03, 05:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

thats why i decided to go with the tire rack (been a cust of theirs for 10yrs) and got the ssr gt3

semi solid forging strong very light weight and very well made and always avail to be replaced and reasonably priced
Old 11-04-03, 08:45 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i purchased my rims: racing hart cr 2 pc from suprastore.com they are not exotic or hard to get by any means, they told me they had em in stock and shipped them next day and gave a tracking number
so i will def. recommend them as a source
i'm in furniture buisness and bottom line is most customers will buy the product and wait 6 months if you be honest with them regarding the ETA, if you try to lie to em you gonna pay for it sooner or later .........negative word of mouth WILL hurt buisness for sure
just take this instance........this post alone prolly cost iforged some buisness
made sexysc think twice.......right???
it's tough as it is with competition why would these manuf. make it tougher on themselves by being outright dishonest???
Old 11-04-03, 09:19 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

Those rims your runnin Airtrackk shoud be exotic. What's the weight on those suckers?

Dt
Old 11-04-03, 09:25 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Airtrackk:

I could not have stated the essence of this issue more profoundly. Thank you. As you have indicated, customers are willing to wait if they are given realistic waiting times and dealt with in an honest manner. Whether it’s waiting for a seat at a restaurant or in this instance, paying a lot of money for rims to dress-up a car. IFORGED and their retailer have lost all my confidence, as well as any possibility of me ever recommending their product; regardless of how nice the wheels appear if they ever arrive. In all honesty, I am sincerely considering selling the rims (if I can’t ultimately cancel the order) just to be rid of this affiliation, put the incident behind me, and to avoid the possibility that I may have to go back to them some day to replace a damaged rim. They have soured this transaction with me beyond the point of repair, primarily because of the sense of mistrust they have created, as opposed to the wait itself…
Old 11-04-03, 10:59 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

jic, truly sorry to hear that..

from my experience( 99% are frm japanese wheels), most, if not 90% of wheels in/from japan are order made. and the longest that i have heard are 10-12 weeks wait time. and these include shipping and custom clearance into the USA.

in any businees, it is alwways better practice to be hinest adn straight forward upfront, rather than over promise, and under deliver, imho
Old 11-05-03, 12:38 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

What's the weight on those suckers?

i never actually got to weigh them........i'm changing tires soon maybe then.
Old 11-05-03, 10:21 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jjc01 - Conact me regarding your wheels. GS430@mac.com
Old 11-06-03, 08:00 AM
jjc01
Rookie

I want to thank everyone who has responded for their input to this thread.

In the spirit of fairness, I want to give you an update. After my last posting, I discovered an email at this site from a person who did not identify himself or herself by name, but their email was iFORGED. The individual indicated he (could be a she) was an iFORGED representative, and apologized for the lack of communication/delay in delivering my wheels. The individual indicated iFORGED was in the process of increasing their staff so this type of issue would not occur in the future, stated my wheels had returned from the platter, were in the process of being assembled AND were going to be shipped to me today (Thursday).

The email was sent to me via this site’s private email system, and because the individual did not provided their identify, I can’t be certain it was in fact from an iFORGED employee, however, as I mentioned, the email address was “iFORGED” and so I hope the email was in fact a sincere attempt to rectify a customer service problem, vice a mean spirited hoax, by someone who forgot last Friday was Halloween.

In any event, I made it clear that I had been given false alarms before however, would remain positive, look forward to the wheels being shipped today, and requested a tracking number. If it was in fact iFORGED that wrote me, I do sincerely appreciate their gesture, and really want to give them the benefit of the doubt. I will keep my fingers crossed for a favorable outcome, can only hope that I will in fact receive a tracking number today, which will validate the wheels have in fact been shipped. I’m standing-by with, once again, incredible anticipation…
Old 11-06-03, 12:50 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

and we are anticipating to see the pix of the wheels on your car soon
good luck
keep us posted
sean
Old 11-06-03, 01:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

from your first two posts i already could tell you were talking about iforged. they have had quite bad reputations regarding delays in shipment and customer service... there is nothing much you can do, either ask discover card to dispute the charge or just keep on waiting...

it's all about the wheels company and the distributor. for example japanese wheels, if you just go to a shop and get it, it's hard to say. but if you have a good contact like gs4will, he will do his job well and follow up on everything. and you will get the rims in time unless there are errors or issues where gs4will will tell you for sure.

if you want wheels like hre, bbs, etc... my friend can help you. he's an authorized dealer, great price, and his customer service is something i have never seen before. very very nice.

so yeah, it definitely comes down to what kind of contact you get
Old 11-06-03, 01:50 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 205 Likes on 137 Posts

Good luck, hope you get your wheels soon.
Old 11-06-03, 04:07 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Sounds like an employee was cruising CL and found the flaming then sent you an email to try and save face. The plater may have been slacking on your wheels but, ultimately, it's iFORGEDs responsibility.

I'll be in the market for new wheels in about 3 months. I was looking at the iFORGED and the BC Forged wheels. I was leaning toward the BC Forged at the start but these type of problems push me a little further.

Good luck jjc. Hope they come through this time.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED