VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

VIP Car Meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-04, 10:25 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by sonbum1
look again the moded head lights on the second place carare not from any lexus they are off a newer infinty Q45
Originally posted by {-.-}
This car took 2nd place. His car is only a 1996-1998 but the headlights are from the newest model Cima. He had to cut to make them fit. SWEET !

The best looking ones out there for a car.
Nissan Cima = Infiniti Q45
Old 02-03-04, 01:11 AM
sonbum1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As you can see I'm still a driving school candidate, so don't laugh.....to much what is cima? My friend recently went to a cima event in Las Veges. Is it different from sema? (I've seen that on other threads)
Old 02-03-04, 01:20 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

The Infiniti Q45 (in the states) is the Nissan Cima in Japan...since there is no Infiniti there. Your friend probably went to a SEMA convention, which showcases specialty automotive parts each year.

BTW, welcome to the club!

Last edited by BR1AN; 02-03-04 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-03-04, 02:27 AM
sonbum1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BR1AN, thanks for the clarification, with the exception of my car being two tone (grey/white) our rides look very similar, so much so that I thought someone posted a pic of my ride. Ive got that same set of rims. so hey what size tires do you have on the fronts. I bought mine used, but they were balanced at the lexus dealership prior to purchase, really smoothed out thr ride (iwas on 235/40/r18 the rims came with 255/40/zr18) but the front wheels rubbed...BAD, had to emergency down grade the front back to 235/40
Old 02-03-04, 02:34 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait for winter to end so I can go to some more VIP car meets.
Old 02-03-04, 10:53 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Originally posted by sonbum1
BR1AN, thanks for the clarification, with the exception of my car being two tone (grey/white) our rides look very similar, so much so that I thought someone posted a pic of my ride. Ive got that same set of rims. so hey what size tires do you have on the fronts. I bought mine used, but they were balanced at the lexus dealership prior to purchase, really smoothed out thr ride (iwas on 235/40/r18 the rims came with 255/40/zr18) but the front wheels rubbed...BAD, had to emergency down grade the front back to 235/40
I'm currently on 245/40/18 all around. Initially tried 255/45/18, but just like you...had issues with rubbing, so I had to go with what I have now.
Old 03-10-04, 03:44 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I always wondered how they mounted the tires when they get so stretched. It looks like it's almost unsafe. Also, with wheels that wide in front, is the steering very heavy???

No

If I posted all the pictures I have you all would get MAD.... or start talking bad about something or another so I will keep just the better ones on here.

Look at this picture..... the white car has light green tint. I will get that done next time on my car. That car is also the one that has the mirror signals I like posted earlier. The owner is very nice and his car is in the
VIP Style magazine November issue. His car also has the rear wheels that angle in at the top
Old 03-10-04, 04:27 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by MrMark
I always wondered how they mounted the tires when they get so stretched. It looks like it's almost unsafe. Also, with wheels that wide in front, is the steering very heavy???
Its unsafe but most of those cars that have the BIG wheels and Lowered dont drive to fast. I have driven a car w/ 9.5 up front the steering was not bad at all.
Old 03-12-04, 08:53 PM
irsa
Driver School Candidate

There was only 5-6 cars that had the hood open. Most could careless about the way the engine looks.
What's the Mitsu D doing there? And were there any late model Ds?
Old 03-12-04, 10:22 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by irsa
What's the Mitsu D doing there? And were there any late model Ds?
To some its still a VIP car they like......... not to many around anymore. Most are moving up to the newer models 1996 and newer.
Old 03-13-04, 11:47 PM
irsa
Driver School Candidate

To some its still a VIP car they like......... not to many around anymore. Most are moving up to the newer models 1996 and newer.
I thought that it would be to small/low class to be VIP. Would love to see more photos of them, although probably better at VIPstylecars.
Old 08-10-06, 02:44 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

VIP has come a long way on CL since 1st posted this up back in 09-28-03
Old 08-10-06, 09:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, i didn't see these posts back then. very very nice stuff!!!!

robert, so why don't you make a thread about your car
Old 08-10-06, 11:23 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
robert, so why don't you make a thread about your car
I would like too but my car is NOT a Lexus............. the only thing I have in common is they took the ideas from a Crown Majesta and put them in a Celsior. I have posted stuff up before like the engine cause its the same thing.

the only major diffrence it the body parts of the car taillight and grill.

I had my signature up before with pics of my car but it was too big for this site.............

So for now its only a Majesta ................ thank GOD they dont have them in the US yet. YES!!

I remember telling folks go w/ the air controller for yrs........... now its popular..
Old 08-10-06, 11:33 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
You know VIP doesn't come over night ya know...let's not take a trip down memory lane and remind everyone of what you had to go through to get VIP status...I still have those pics btw....hehe.
You know NOT everyone has a TRUE VIPcar so to say but everyone has to start somehow or someway. Little or Lots of Mods ........... Little or Lots of Money to me its still a VIPcar

NOT every VIPstyle should be the same no fun in that.......... ENJOY your VIPcar

Quick Reply: VIP Car Meet