VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

On the Ground system

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-13, 12:03 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

My kit is being shipped to me now, so I can't speak of functionality or ease of use yet...but I was thinking about air runner air struts, but the price was pretty crazy. I liked the OG kit because it was like mixing the adjustability of a coilover kit with the up and down of air, so I found Ksport offered the same thing for half the price. So I ended up ordering the Ksport air struts only and paired it with the Accuair E-level with i-level.

Mark at RavSpec hooked me up, so get in touch with him about pricing for your car...but I can tell you that is was about half the cost of that Airrunner kit, and I get E&i Level

Can't wait to install...
Old 05-15-13, 02:51 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my kit (front and rear) was 2500, but doesn't come with coilovers so tack that added expense on as well
Old 05-15-13, 02:52 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quick123
My kit is being shipped to me now, so I can't speak of functionality or ease of use yet...but I was thinking about air runner air struts, but the price was pretty crazy. I liked the OG kit because it was like mixing the adjustability of a coilover kit with the up and down of air, so I found Ksport offered the same thing for half the price. So I ended up ordering the Ksport air struts only and paired it with the Accuair E-level with i-level.

Mark at RavSpec hooked me up, so get in touch with him about pricing for your car...but I can tell you that is was about half the cost of that Airrunner kit, and I get E&i Level

Can't wait to install...
so for everything combined (all air parts + coilovers and everything needed) was half the cost of airRunner kit? hmmm, sounds like a winner to me
Old 05-16-13, 08:24 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Yea...I kinda feel like I am taking a chance by going with the Ksport, even though they have been around for years and have great brand reputation, especially in the drift scene. They are pretty sick though, as they still have the 36 way dampening just like their coils...and they have threaded lower perches just like coils, which is the unique feature of airrunner's OG kit.

Ksport has finished building their part of the kit for me, and I am just waiting on RavSpec to inspect them and then ship out the air struts and all the Accuair gear to me...should have this all installed by next week depending on shipping.
Attached Thumbnails On the Ground system-struts_only.jpg  
Old 05-16-13, 09:26 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

UAS + Megan also work same as Airrunner's OG.....
Old 05-16-13, 11:15 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
so for everything combined (all air parts + coilovers and everything needed) was half the cost of airRunner kit? hmmm, sounds like a winner to me
There is no way it's half the price
Old 05-16-13, 11:17 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Yea...I kinda feel like I am taking a chance by going with the Ksport, even though they have been around for years and have great brand reputation, especially in the drift scene. They are pretty sick though, as they still have the 36 way dampening just like their coils...and they have threaded lower perches just like coils, which is the unique feature of airrunner's OG kit.

Ksport has finished building their part of the kit for me, and I am just waiting on RavSpec to inspect them and then ship out the air struts and all the Accuair gear to me...should have this all installed by next week depending on shipping.
Ksport makes a great product did know RavSpec was even a dealer for us(Accuair)
Old 05-17-13, 10:27 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Good luck with your Ksport setup! Nothing beats Airrunner's reputation for reliability and longevity.

If AR OG comes out to roughly $8K installed, and you are paying $4K for air cups with coilover for just the fronts...then I don't think OG is overpriced. The price is actually on par .

If you like to do things right the first time and save money, time, and headaches in the long run, go with Airrunner from the beginning.
Old 05-17-13, 10:58 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mex lex
Good luck with your Ksport setup! Nothing beats Airrunner's reputation for reliability and longevity.

If AR OG comes out to roughly $8K installed, and you are paying $4K for air cups with coilover for just the fronts...then I don't think OG is overpriced. The price is actually on par .

If you like to do things right the first time and save money, time, and headaches in the long run, go with Airrunner from the beginning.
Actually, the setup I am going with is exactly the same as Airrunner...the only difference is my 4 air struts are built by Ksport and not Airrunner. This is not a cup kit, and this is not for just the front...

I expect the parts to arrive next week, and will take pictures of the parts to show...can't wait to install!!!
Old 05-17-13, 04:42 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Actually, the setup I am going with is exactly the same as Airrunner...the only difference is my 4 air struts are built by Ksport and not Airrunner. This is not a cup kit, and this is not for just the front...

I expect the parts to arrive next week, and will take pictures of the parts to show...can't wait to install!!!
It is no where near exactly the same. Only thing they share in common is the ability to adjust the the bag position. Other than that, the materials and build quality of Airrunner is far superior to Ksport. So much that I don't think you can actually compare them. My Ksport bags cracked after 3 years (possibly less since I don't know when they actually started cracking). So I hope you have better luck with your struts than I did with mine.
Old 05-18-13, 10:27 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

It is no where near exactly the same. Only thing they share in common is the ability to adjust the the bag position. Other than that, the materials and build quality of Airrunner is far superior to Ksport. So much that I don't think you can actually compare them. My Ksport bags cracked after 3 years (possibly less since I don't know when they actually started cracking). So I hope you have better luck with your struts than I did with mine.
I apologize if I was misunderstood...I was in no way suggesting that the build/quality/reliability/longevity of the Ksport was the same as the Airrunner (I thought I said that a couple times ).

What I was trying to say was the components of the Airrunner OG kit can be replicated for a less expensive price by going with the Ksport air struts...which is what I chose for myself. Others in this thread were shocked by the price of Airrunner's kits, so I simply shared my experience...
Old 05-19-13, 03:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

I HAVE SERIOUSLY SAID THIS LIKE 30 FREAKIN TIMES.... I HAVE FRONT AND REAR AIR CUPS, I HAVE NEVER ONCE SAID JUST FRONTS,, WHY DOES EVERY PERSON AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THIS,,, BOTH FRONTS AND REAR, KIT WAS 2500, COILS WERE 1000, INSTALL AROUND 600. THAT IS AROUND 4K FOR FRONT AND REAR (THATS REAR AND FRONT IF YOU READ IT BACKWARDS) AIR CUP KIT ON DECENT COILS INSTALLED...

the ksport kits sound like a better option to me for price and what you get is my new thinking
Old 05-20-13, 11:52 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

I HAVE SERIOUSLY SAID THIS LIKE 30 FREAKIN TIMES.... I HAVE FRONT AND REAR AIR CUPS, I HAVE NEVER ONCE SAID JUST FRONTS,, WHY DOES EVERY PERSON AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THIS,,, BOTH FRONTS AND REAR, KIT WAS 2500, COILS WERE 1000, INSTALL AROUND 600. THAT IS AROUND 4K FOR FRONT AND REAR (THATS REAR AND FRONT IF YOU READ IT BACKWARDS) AIR CUP KIT ON DECENT COILS INSTALLED...

the ksport kits sound like a better option to me for price and what you get is my new thinking
I apologize if I was misunderstood...I was in no way suggesting that the build/quality/reliability/longevity of the Ksport was the same as the Airrunner (I thought I said that a couple times ).

What I was trying to say was the components of the Airrunner OG kit can be replicated for a less expensive price by going with the Ksport air struts...which is what I chose for myself. Others in this thread were shocked by the price of Airrunner's kits, so I simply shared my experience...
Sorry fellas, I was late to this thread, I should read through all of it first. I was just trying to add my 2 cents according to my personal experience.

I automatically assumed you only had fronts because I tried purchasing the Platinum VIP cups and they said the rear required modification to fit. but the fronts didn't on the 2GS. I know this isn't true for all cups, but Platinum's was and still is one of the few choices.

I had UAS and encountered the bag rubbing issue. I decided to pass on the UAS completely and tried the Ksport struts hoping I would have better luck with them. But as I mentioned earlier, I didn't. The UAS bags now are twice the age and have twice the use of the Ksports and they are in way better condition. To my relief, I will soon be running Airrunner so I should have a much better experience this time around!
Old 05-21-13, 03:06 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yes, the phantom kit did require a good amount of fabrication in the rear on my toyo crown which is almost the same chasis as the 3gs stateside (but with like LS interior parts,, damn i wish they made this car in the US). i didn't know it would take all that modding and this is why the price of the install almost doubled...

i'm still thinking about trying k-sport next. i almost purchased a set back in like 09 when i i met that rideslow guy (black2GS) from NYC but couldn't pull the trigger that time.
Old 05-22-13, 11:10 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

yes, the phantom kit did require a good amount of fabrication in the rear on my toyo crown which is almost the same chasis as the 3gs stateside (but with like LS interior parts,, damn i wish they made this car in the US). i didn't know it would take all that modding and this is why the price of the install almost doubled...

i'm still thinking about trying k-sport next. i almost purchased a set back in like 09 when i i met that rideslow guy (black2GS) from NYC but couldn't pull the trigger that time.
k sport makes a great product

Quick Reply: On the Ground system