VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

air susp. controller...what are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 11:47 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the accuair controller. I had the AVS chrome 9 switch box before.

The accuair controller is alot cleaner and smaller. And when u dump your car at night you can take the controller with you.

-Smitty
Old 06-15-11, 11:50 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
ive been using easystreet autopilot for a couple years now and its great. i wish a leveling system was available back then. i might upgrade to the accuair leveling system or add easystreet's leveling system, but i dont drive my car that often to really warrant it.
I'm in the same boat, I've had my autopilot system for over 5 yrs now. It works for me and I don't intend to change anything.
Old 06-15-11, 12:10 PM
stanced
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIP-209
Sounds like you are getting the standard 5 switch box which typically comes with an air ride kit. It's like 5 rocker switches in a chrome box.

I ran a 10 switch box for a long time, then I upgraded to my current controller.

So yeah, you can upgrade anytime. Any air ride controller you buy new should come with all the necessary instructions and harnesses.
I called my installer and he cleared it up a little more for me.

Only 3 switches.
1 will control the front, it will control both left and right side at the same time. It will both control it up and down on the same switch

The second switch will control the rear. It will do the same as the front and control both sides on the rear and adjust it up and down.

The third switch will raise or lower both front and rear evenly..
I did not want separate switches for each side.

The way itnis set up. With it all the way lifted it will be at stock height, and all the way down, well, it will be all the way down.

I'm running

20x9.5 up front and 20x11 in the rear and will be able to pull it off.

I'm glad later I can upgrade. I get wholesale on all parts so it won't cost me much later down the road. The gauge will be flush ,ousted and I am debating on putting those 3 switches in the cig ash tray up front as to I do not smoke anyway, and it will look stock on the inside
Old 06-20-11, 12:10 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had(have) the easy street auto pilot. I can honestly say that thing sucks. I bought it for one thing, which was for a preset and auto leveling. Did it ever work for me? Never. I'm not sure if I was supposed to buy the manifolds for it to work, so that may have been the case. That was 600 bucks gone to waste for me. If I were you, I'd spend the extra 300 and get the Accuair. I keep hearing that it's the shizznit.
Old 07-09-11, 03:28 PM
SotD
Driver School Candidate

i use the EAS 7 switch box. ive know a few people with the easy street setup that had issues. on of them lost all control and dropped the front before going blank screen. he had to drive far as hell with zero psi in front and beat his car down majorly. ive been debating on switching to manual paddle valves.
Old 07-12-11, 06:46 PM
Shaminii
Driver School Candidate

I'm between the Dakota Digital and Accuair. I'm leaning towards the Dakota Digital because it has pressure readings on the controller where the Accuair doesn't come with a digital gauge. It's also cheaper. I could get the Dakota Digital for around $800 and the Accuair for $1400 (including a digital gauge). However, I do like the cleaner look of the Accuair and the fact that you can take the remote with you. Are my reasons for leaning towards the Dakota Digital justifiable?
Old 07-12-11, 08:23 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there a "best bang for your buck" controller out there? im looking into putting a pieced together bag kit on my sc300 so i have to take all this into account
Old 07-17-11, 09:57 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaminii
I'm between the Dakota Digital and Accuair. I'm leaning towards the Dakota Digital because it has pressure readings on the controller where the Accuair doesn't come with a digital gauge. It's also cheaper. I could get the Dakota Digital for around $800 and the Accuair for $1400 (including a digital gauge). However, I do like the cleaner look of the Accuair and the fact that you can take the remote with you. Are my reasons for leaning towards the Dakota Digital justifiable?
Accuair retail is 1095. I know of places sellin em for 1000 shipped.

Accuair relies on height sensor rods, which I think is better than gauge/psi readings.
Old 08-09-11, 11:27 PM
TheBosSC4
Driver

Damn I need to upgrade. These digital controllers with auto ride height sound awesome. I just did my install on my bags yesterday, Tein CST struts, with UAS air bags. My controller is just the OG 7 Way one. I can use basically any controller/ecu for my system correct?
Old 08-10-11, 01:05 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Easy street digi controller here.. its aite.

Kinda wish i got the Accuair tho
Old 08-31-11, 05:47 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

this is also very cool dont know if anyone has seen this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acjOXi5z4O8
i still havent decided on one, will be doing something over the winter.
Does anyone run accuair with the push button interface? it has like 3 buttons on it and no controller.
Old 08-31-11, 09:57 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

man ive seen that controller before buy didnt see the ride height part.. fawk.. i want it >_<
Old 08-31-11, 11:18 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

$1500 for that controller + ECU + Ride height sensors
Old 08-31-11, 02:53 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
$1500 for that controller + ECU + Ride height sensors
on their site the controller with ecu,1/4 fittings,lines,3 gallon tank,wiring,selenoid box list for 1500, the ride height sensors are 500 option and remote control is 150 option
Old 08-31-11, 08:53 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

yea i saw that. but i wouldnt need another tank, valve, compressor n what not haha. since i already have my own. hmm kinda tempted to change mine up.. hmm

Quick Reply: air susp. controller...what are you running?