VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Vip air runner questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 08:05 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. UAS released brackets that make the rubbing issue obsolete!
Old 03-23-10, 10:53 AM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't mind to hijack your thread...

I'm getting UAS bags... How's the ride on it?
Old 03-25-10, 06:05 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

from what i hear the bracket doesnt let the car go as low. you can opt for a shorter bag and the bracket but then the shorter bag wont let the car go as high.

i have airrunner and am glad

if i wanted my car to have very sporty handling id go cups, cuz they maintain coilover rates w/o air. but ive heard they ride like crap aired up.

im a daily driver so reliability is a must. i think both systems are very reliable but i like that i can drive unfamiliar freeways with my airrunner up a lil more than my familiar street ride height.

oh and my gs with 19s rides comfier than my dads new beamer on 18s with fat tires
Old 03-25-10, 07:18 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

VIPtint: Do you have any info. on the TC-5 edition from Airrunner ?

thanks
Old 03-27-10, 11:44 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the only thing that sucks about AR is they don't let u buy just the air struts alone.
Old 03-27-10, 12:36 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

^^^

There is a reason to why they do not let us do that. The majority of people would just buy the struts and buy the rest of the air suspension separately.
Old 03-30-10, 08:53 AM
3GS404
Lead Lap

I been driving w/ air runner system on my 3GS for couple months now.. the ride is smooth as stock.. Dollars to Dollars buddy.. u get wat u pay for.. nothing is too expensive .once u go w/ AR u never go back..
Old 04-01-10, 03:46 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

^^^

Yea thats 100% correct. You get exactly what you pay for.

That is why AR is expensive.

I cant wait to get my suspension setup done.
Old 04-05-10, 12:40 AM
3GS404
Lead Lap

keep in mind A/R kit come w/ 1/4 lines, that's too slow for our taste if u can i think u should upgrade ur lines to 3/8 before u install the kit, and 1 importation thing go w/ Loctite 545.. that's the best thread sealing for long period time.. Do it right the first times..will save u time down the road..
Old 04-05-10, 11:32 AM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I have had my A/R installed on my IS3 for about a yr now. No leaks and I luv it. Its the manual setup, so its perfect as I dont need it to hop or slam fast to the ground. 1/4 lines is a nice smooth up and down, but wont go fast, unless you upgrade to 3/8" lines. If you go with that, you will then need an electric system, will then cost you more. Roughly another $1000-1600 for the Solenoid and remote.
But as of now, Ive heard issues with the electrical setup. So, I will stick with my manual, even though the PSSH comes out of my switch's. But with a 1/4" lines, its not that loud.

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I have UAS/coils and I think it rides awesome! Pretty much like springs but a bit better due to the fact that I can adjust dampening.
And this whole time, I thought you were on A/R

Originally Posted by no1gsxr
Does the plastic cover from inside of the fender need to come out in order to slam the car with airbags
It wont matter, if your upper A-arm is hitting the inner fender well. By removing the plastic liner, you will just eliminate the sound when you turn or hit a bump, where the tire rubs on it.
Old 04-05-10, 12:27 PM
Low4Life
Driver School Candidate

Great thread
Old 04-06-10, 01:20 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Thanks guys for all the info. really helped me out
Old 04-06-10, 09:08 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

this always seems to get oversimplified. it's not just "you get what you pay for", you need to understand what you're paying for and what your needs are.

---

airrunner is a well constructed, oem type, application specific system. you are paying for the assembly of quality third party parts and ease/security of installation (along with a little prestige imho). the down fall of airrunner is the trade off between psi (spring rate for the sake of conversation) and ride height. you will most likely compromise either a) your desired ride quality or b) your desired ride height because there is a constant curve where x psi = y ride height.

reliability other than blown bags shouldn't be attributed to airrunner, unless it's because of their basic air management system (manual valves).

the $6300 otg kit does address the issue by having a threaded shock body meaning you can adjust the total length of the assembly to set the desired psi at the desired height.

---

uas is a universal product with high value (imo) as far as included parts and options. the downfall is that sometimes it just doesn't fit like it should (due to it's universal nature). most problems, that i'm aware of, have been on the second gen gs due to how the suspension is set up. that being said: one of the liberty guys is using their new mounts (which actually lower the car an additional inch) and is finally content with his set up.

uas really shines (imo) when used with coilovers. this gives you the ability to adjust the psi/height relationship as well as the possibility of higher quality/more suitable dampers for about the cost of the basic ar kit (and uas includes more sophisticated air supply/management).

---

cups are the wave of the future (fact, not opinion ) if you want to get low. the difference is they are a way to raise a car rather than lower it (bread from exotic car technology where the cars come with low ground clearance). this is also probably why some may complain about the ride quality when inflated. when properly installed they lift the car by preloading the spring, effectively (not actually) raising the spring rate. they are being market as "able to be driven on inflated" but that is not what they were designed to do. again, these are optimal for those who want to drive SLAMMED and only need the lift for occasional obstacles.

another advantage vs. traditional air is in case of catastrophic failure you are only stuck on your spring suspension at your ride height.

---

i tried to keep it as unbiased as possible and include pros as well as cons. hope it helps.
Old 04-07-10, 04:31 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

^^^

Now that's a comparison

A solid break down of the three products...
Old 04-07-10, 11:33 AM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

@BLKonBLK98:

Thanks for the great breakdown and comparison! it definitely clears many things up for me and others who are debating which route to go!

Quick Reply: Vip air runner questions