VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Watch-out for Shine Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 09:00 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phillygs3
+1

Not only that ... if I spend a few grand on a JP kit and then see some guy around the corner with a knockoff i would be pissed.
I've seen a JP knock off kit in person before and actually talked to the body man that did the install. Kit was a pain to install and it needed a ton of body work to make it fit properly as the body man said.
Old 01-11-09, 09:59 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Its usually not hard to spot who has a knockoff and who doesn't. Just think logically. Is the person with the knockoff JP kit going to buy the door caps and fog lights to finish off his bootleg kit? No because those authentic parts cost more then the knockoff kit its self.

Are you more likely to see someone with new JDM 3pc wheels with a knockoff kit or someone with some "hand me down" curbed up, oxidized wheels with a knockoff kit?

If the wheels look like they came off of the clearance rack on ebay for $799 with tires, the person is rocking a knockoff.
Old 01-11-09, 11:32 AM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WidebodyQ
Its usually not hard to spot who has a knockoff and who doesn't. Just think logically. Is the person with the knockoff JP kit going to buy the door caps and fog lights to finish off his bootleg kit? No because those authentic parts cost more then the knockoff kit its self.

Are you more likely to see someone with new JDM 3pc wheels with a knockoff kit or someone with some "hand me down" curbed up, oxidized wheels with a knockoff kit?

If the wheels look like they came off of the clearance rack on ebay for $799 with tires, the person is rocking a knockoff.
good point
Old 01-11-09, 03:49 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

I guess noone on this forum has ever brought generic medication, or off brand asprin. Maybe some of you would never admit to stealing grapes from the grovery store or downloading some hip hop you refuse to buy. If half of you would use your passports you would see that this is done around the world. Do you think "Little Wayne" or any other performer will get a check from all of the bootleg stuff in Dubai or even Piccadilly Circus London? Get with it people, everyone does it.

1. U.S. Patents filed after June 8, 1995 expire 20 years from the date of filing.

2. U.S. Patents filed prior to June 8, 1995 expire 17 years from the date of issue, or 20 years from the first non-provisional patent application in the family - whichever is later.

if it is not a US Patent... its fair game. I agree hard work should be rewarded, but if you leave the back door open someone will come in. I think what they are doing is great. I also find it strange that several other sites love and embrace their efforts. They make things tangible so they won't be huge loss if it becomes eye candy for theives.They have found a way to do it for less. I applaud them,I wish them success as long as everthing is legal. How can you be 100% sure something you purchased 100% authentic when all you have is receipt and 8 week wait.
Old 01-11-09, 04:24 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Old 01-11-09, 06:54 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
some of you guys don't get the point, its the R&D time and vision of the companies that these knock offs steal. If these knock off companies state they can make the real deal better, then why can't they design their own kit, instead of copying a design of the real kit? Props to making it better, but it'd be even better if they designed their own better looking kit. This is going to be an endless discussion. It always comes down to the consumer.
This is a great post and hits the nail on the head.
Old 01-12-09, 12:09 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

In truth, I could care less for what you choose to put on your car. Knocks don't nec. mean poor quality. But, don't try to pass it off as real and do understand that knocks is the same as stealing. So if you wanna support that than thats on you.
Old 01-12-09, 09:02 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

if you were to create/design something that you put a lot of time and $ into and then someone came along and bought it off the shelf and then copied it and sold it as their own, you would be upset too. I would nevery buy a knock off, trust me I could have for much less with my WIN kit 5 years ago, but I bought the real thing through carson toyota at a cost of over $3500 and I dont regret it for a second. BTW, the fit on that kit was perfect, the bodyshop didnt even bother to test fit, just painted and installed and it fit like a glove, just like my wald executive kit
Old 01-13-09, 04:23 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Many will buy this crap
Old 01-14-09, 07:38 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
some of you guys don't get the point, its the R&D time and vision of the companies that these knock offs steal. If these knock off companies state they can make the real deal better, then why can't they design their own kit, instead of copying a design of the real kit? Props to making it better, but it'd be even better if they designed their own better looking kit. This is going to be an endless discussion. It always comes down to the consumer.
Bingo... Some people are just not going to get it. No matter how many times you explain it.
Old 01-21-09, 07:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Would like to give Shine a big **** you. That is all./
Old 01-22-09, 02:13 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I guess noone on this forum has ever brought generic medication, or off brand asprin. Maybe some of you would never admit to stealing grapes from the grovery store or downloading some hip hop you refuse to buy. If half of you would use your passports you would see that this is done around the world. Do you think "Little Wayne" or any other performer will get a check from all of the bootleg stuff in Dubai or even Piccadilly Circus London? Get with it people, everyone does it.

1. U.S. Patents filed after June 8, 1995 expire 20 years from the date of filing.

2. U.S. Patents filed prior to June 8, 1995 expire 17 years from the date of issue, or 20 years from the first non-provisional patent application in the family - whichever is later.

if it is not a US Patent... its fair game. I agree hard work should be rewarded, but if you leave the back door open someone will come in. I think what they are doing is great. I also find it strange that several other sites love and embrace their efforts. They make things tangible so they won't be huge loss if it becomes eye candy for theives.They have found a way to do it for less. I applaud them,I wish them success as long as everthing is legal. How can you be 100% sure something you purchased 100% authentic when all you have is receipt and 8 week wait.
Just the sort of post you would find coming from someone who probably buys knockoff parts.

Just remember, for everyone who buys those replicas, don't go around telling everyone it's the real deal. Eventually someone will call you out for it and make you look like a fool.

Whoever buys the knockoff, at least have the ***** to admit it's a knockoff.

I'd rather rock stock, than faux.
Old 01-31-09, 08:58 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gotta say I'd rock a knock off front bumper or lip only for the plain reason that it's going to get the crap kicked out of it. Riding low has it's pitfalls. It's like seeing a carbon fibre body kit - soooo unpractical for a daily driver. I've had 2 front lips break just from everyday driving. Never again will I shell out that kind of money just so I can say it's JDM. I would however be completely upfront about it being a knock-off.
Old 03-10-09, 12:10 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont matter to me as long as the quality is good and the price is good..knock off companies need to eat too
Old 03-10-09, 09:09 AM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Alot of people even on this board that have boughten knockoff kits don't understand that these companies are literally stealing from the fabricators and designers that spent loads of hours into creating an original design. These fabricators and designers usually have 1 thing in common, they are pioneers, not afraid of creating a product. You put them out of business, then you're limiting yourself from the potential they could have come up with in the future. Knock off guys will copy and take your money, when that design is old and they can't copy anymore, they'll move on to something else... there's no commitment or loyalty.

support the real companies!!!

Quick Reply: Watch-out for Shine Auto Project